Flashmp3's Green Crack x Blue Dream Rockwool Revenge

In a first place I wanted to do the entire flowering cycle but had to change camera position often because of unstopping stretch haha. I should be able to make a proper longer time-lapse as soon as stretch stops haha. I have always looked for time-lapse cause curious about how fast things are happening. Basically I have an ip camera which can take pictures (all of them can do it). So I take a picture everyday in the morning by just clicking through the mobile app. Then I use a GIF maker and just add the different pictures later. Unfortunately the way gif file are made make it impossible to have a better quality cause the resolution and size are limited. My camera can record in high definition so it s a bit too bad. I had thought about making a little mp4 file to have better quality but the gif is faster and easier. First goal of the cam was to be able to check the girls wherever I am and whenever. Just need my phone and internet connection. I m a little geek. My drip system is also hooked on a wifi electric outlet. So I can set timers or start it whenever I want as well. I can go out of the house for one week without stress unless a power draw would happen. I preferred doing all I can to avoid any kind of stress of I have to leave my place for a few days. When stretch is over things will be even more simple as not having to move the lights anymore! Anyway I bought the cam for 50 bucks during black friday and it s very useful to see which tops grow faster than the others etc... It can be an additional help to manage canopy if well placed. It would have been best inside the grow space but as the space is limited I could only get it outside

3 days time-lapse till now :

pic2gif_20180811_080810.gif

Looks like we are approaching end of stretch! Hopefully! I can see the blue dream in the left corner has grown a bit vertically so I m glad cause she was the shortest out there. It s funny cause she was the tallest at first then a few days after flip a realize she wasnt properly watered cause on of the dripper was fouled up. I guess the Great White had played a role in it. Anyway hopefully from now the tallest will stop stretching and really start to make buds

I was wondering if you use Great White in your rez? I could never keep it suspended well enough and it would clog my holes in the auto waterer. I use GW while hand feeding but in my rez I go with Orca which is a similar product only in liquid form made by the same company. Nice looking garden.

Yeah I remember you talked about it. You re also the one along with Ase who talked me about great white and Orca. I couldn't get Orca where I live so I took GW. In fact it can keep suspended on the ground for facts! It may have clog some holes at different times for sure! I had to find a way not to have suspended. For that In my rez, on top of two air stones, I have a 2000l/h pump which sits on the bottom of the rez and create lots of movement in the entire bottom zone. This helped me to be sure everything is always mixing.

Sometimes I'll just mix some in some water and hand feed every once in a while and leave it out of the rez. I don't check plants enough to see if I have problems with the waterer. I also use Z7 in my rez and that's suppose to keep roots nice and clean. So for me no GW in the rez but definitely when transplanting and hand feeding.

Sometimes I'll just mix some in some water and hand feed every once in a while and leave it out of the rez. I don't check plants enough to see if I have problems with the waterer. I also use Z7 in my rez and that's suppose to keep roots nice and clean. So for me no GW in the rez but definitely when transplanting and hand feeding.

I wish I could have used it that way but the way I grew there were only a transplant of the seedlings and didn't know about great white at that time. I hope some of it could be delivered to the girls through the multiple watering!

The time lapse you posted the other day was cool. The one where the branch grew right into the camera.
Yeah I love the fact to check what is happening and how things are going. I always wanted to be able to see growth happening with more accuracy

I don't understand why they are still stretching. Yesterday I removed a few leaves on some tops to try to slow them down a bit. I also did pinching on different taller beaches on different plants. I had read crowed grow space can lead to more stretch because of competition between plants to reach more air and light. I think that s what happening here! I have to leave my place for one week next week. I had made all my calculation based on that. I had planned to give it at least 4-5 weeks post flip to be sure stretch would be over and lights could be adjusted without worrying of having to put it up a few days later but still being able to have it at the perfect height above canopy. Hope stretch will be done by tomorrow! For anyone wanting an example of stretch I think with all the pictures in this grow journal and details, it will be easy to have an idea of it

I don't understand why they are still stretching. Yesterday I removed a few leaves on some tops to try to slow them down a bit. I also did pinching on different taller beaches on different plants. I had read crowed grow space can lead to more stretch because of competition between plants to reach more air and light. I think that s what happening here! I have to leave my place for one week next week. I had made all my calculation based on that. I had planned to give it at least 4-5 weeks post flip to be sure stretch would be over and lights could be adjusted without worrying of having to put it up a few days later but still being able to have it at the perfect height above canopy. Hope stretch will be done by tomorrow! For anyone wanting an example of stretch I think with all the pictures in this grow journal and details, it will be easy to have an idea of it

I'm not surprised at the Blue Dream stretch. Those can really stretch out of control and isn't a great strain to grow in tight spaces. The Green Crack however I am surprised at. Mine never really went nuts like yours are.

I'm not surprised at the Blue Dream stretch. Those can really stretch out of control and isn't a great strain to grow in tight spaces. The Green Crack however I am surprised at. Mine never really went nuts like yours are.
I hope they would put that much energy in producing buds after stretch cause it would be awesome! In my previous grow the green crack did stretch. The first time not much of stretch but I think it s because I was a noob so bad ph and stuff. I think this big stretch is just due do competition between branches cause it s really too crowded out there. During veg they were evolving quickly but not with that big amount of stretch. When I look at the picture before flip I just can't believe they could stretch that much!

Last time-lapse before 1 week vacation! 3 days to a few moments ago :

I think stretch is over so I made the last adjustments in the lights. They receive some trimmings of the last stuffs on the low parts that hadn't developed any hairs yet (considering the tops were already producing pistils). I also did some defoliation mainly around the center and on some tops. It should be the last heavy defol and trimming. They receive a good feeding after having 5 days without watering as I had watered a lot before to make the ph increase after my low ph runoff trouble last week. They seem to be good. I didn't see much runoff so I guess everything had time to dry enough (especially the rockwool slabs on the extreme bottom of the pots).

Just for the record since I started using Sensizym, I can see how my rez is clean. All the deposit I had on the borders are gone! Usually I had to use a sponge to clean it! I hope it works a well in the root zone!

My blue dream outdoor girl seems to be recovering. She received a good dosage of TNC-MycorrMax today with a good feeding. She should be alright during one week :

20180813_133424~2.jpg

20180813_133447~2.jpg

The new shoots seems doing well. I hope the mycormaxx will give her a nice boost along with the sensizym.

Next update last week

Flip day 32

Few more pics before leaving :

20180813_154924~2.jpg

She seems to suffer a lot. The flush may not have saved her. I defo think she got root rot because of over watering. Not enough draining holes. I have her a feeding with sensizym and TNC-MycorrMax along with the other nuts. Yesterday after flush I manage to go from pH 4.4 to pH 6. I then feeded with ph 6.1. I hope she will recover and I won't see a dead plant when I come back. As she was overwater and I couldnt avoid watering before leaving, having a few days without watering won't be a bad thing. I ve seen the pot takes pretty long to fully dry after a big watering.

20180813_154818~2.jpg
20180813_154807~2.jpg
20180813_154728~2.jpg
20180813_154714~2.jpg

I hope to see a ton of pistils everywhere when I come back! Other members who flipped around the same period already have little buds forming! I feel like the worst student of the classroom

Flip day 32

Few more pics before leaving :

20180813_154924~2.jpg

She seems to suffer a lot. The flush may not have saved her. I defo think she got root rot because of over watering. Not enough draining holes. I have her a feeding with sensizym and TNC-MycorrMax along with the other nuts. Yesterday after flush I manage to go from pH 4.4 to pH 6. I then feeded with ph 6.1. I hope she will recover and I won't see a dead plant when I come back. As she was overwater and I couldnt avoid watering before leaving, having a few days without watering won't be a bad thing. I ve seen the pot takes pretty long to fully dry after a big watering.

20180813_154818~2.jpg
20180813_154807~2.jpg
20180813_154728~2.jpg
20180813_154714~2.jpg

I hope to see a ton of pistils everywhere when I come back! Other members who flipped around the same period already have little buds forming! I feel like the worst student of the classroom
Quit beating yourself up flash. Things look good and healthy and i'm seeing lots of buds forming in these pictures. Your going to be shocked when you get back.

Quit beating yourself up flash. Things look good and healthy and i'm seeing lots of buds forming in these pictures. Your going to be shocked when you get back.

Going away for a few days can be the best thing to reset your grow clock. Most of us see our plants daily (probably multiple times a day) and sometimes you just can't tell if they are growing or what they are doing. Don't look at them for a couple days and then come back and it'll shock you every time. The other option is to have a veggie and fruit garden and watch how slow that stuff really grows in comparison.

I was thinking same thing Derby, those plants are looking good.✌️

I think I m a bit stressed because things got bad during last grow so I m a bit traumatized .o_O :D
But no matter what except the green crack which has the most pistils, the other ones don't look like plants flipped 31 days ago. So even if they look healthy I can't help being a bit stressed about it.

Going away for a few days can be the best thing to reset your grow clock. Most of us see our plants daily (probably multiple times a day) and sometimes you just can't tell if they are growing or what they are doing. Don't look at them for a couple days and then come back and it'll shock you every time. The other option is to have a veggie and fruit garden and watch how slow that stuff really grows in comparison.

Yeah it s true. Plus I wasn't working last week so spent too much time looking at the girls multiple times a day! It s like you re just sitting close to the plants looking at them and think about what you could do to make them happier or make different calculations about harvest etc... Haha in my case growing weed has become the drug! not the fruit itself hahaha!

In fact being able to have both plants in veg and flowering allow to be so much more relaxed! When I started the grow that went well before that one, it allowed me to even forget the flowering girls!

Couldn't resist to post :

pic2gif_20180816_162148.gif

Timelapse flip day 31 to 34. Stretch still happening for many plants. Can't understand why it s still stretching. Hopefully I have a friend that will go to my place to put the lights higher

Back
Top Bottom