Flashmp3's Green Crack x Blue Dream Rockwool Revenge

@Asesino85 you re right about something for sure! In veg, removing fan leaves slow growth. But obviously it seems that during flowering stretch, they don't mind about leaf removing! Check this out (last picture taken today) :
pic2gif_20180805_143204.gif

@Asesino85 you re right about something for sure! In veg, removing fan leaves slow growth. But obviously it seems that during flowering stretch, they don't mind about leaf removing! Check this out (last picture taken today) :
pic2gif_20180805_143204.gif

I've found that if plants are healthy, defoliation rarely slows them down at all at any point before, during or right after stretch. I teach it a slightly different way so people error on the side of caution because if their plants aren't as healthy as they think it can cause problems. Your plants have been healthy ever since you put them in coco so you can probably do it whenever you want. This is why I love coco. Your pictures are proof that you can almost do whatever you want as long as the plants are happy.

I've found that if plants are healthy, defoliation rarely slows them down at all at any point before, during or right after stretch. I teach it a slightly different way so people error on the side of caution because if their plants aren't as healthy as they think it can cause problems. Your plants have been healthy ever since you put them in coco so you can probably do it whenever you want. This is why I love coco. Your pictures are proof that you can almost do whatever you want as long as the plants are happy.
:Namaste:

Flash you need to stop man! If you don’t quit what you’re doing right now you’re gonna end up with a sh!tload of killer ganja!
:bravo:
Keep it up friend!

Flash you need to stop man! If you don’t quit what you’re doing right now you’re gonna end up with a sh!tload of killer ganja!
:bravo:
Keep it up friend!

That's crazy they don't want to stop stretching! I had to change the position of my camera and upper the lights a bit as well to avoid burn! Look at this day to day time-lapse with last picture taken a few minutes ago :

That's crazy they don't want to stop stretching! I had to change the position of my camera and upper the lights a bit as well to avoid burn! Look at this day to day time-lapse with last picture taken a few minutes ago :
Youre screwed hahahaha! Just kidding. I hope they slow down soon

Just out of curiosity, what are options at this point in a grow to control height?

Supercropping. But when grow space is crowed like that suppercropped branches will mask other bud sites so not very good. Maybe schwazzing would be the best to slow growth at this stage.

Now I know next time doing sog from seed I ll veg only 3 weeks! I vegged 1 week too long

I decided to get the pots out of the grow space to be able to do a good last trimming of the down part of the plants. I could see tiny bud sites that would never make anything good so removed them. I also remove some fan leaves everywhere to give more lights. My plants have grown too much and some bud sites were hitting the ip camera! So I could arrange everything :

Before :

20180806_111852~2.jpg

After :

20180806_170457~2.jpg

Blue Dream :

20180806_152344~2.jpg
20180806_154139~2.jpg
20180806_154150~2.jpg

Green Crack :

20180806_155616~2.jpg
20180806_150009~2.jpg
20180806_150123~2.jpg

My canopy is not even anymore unfortunately :

20180806_112048~2.jpg
20180806_165526~2.jpg

The green crack got taller. Last grow I had the blue dream plants growing taller. But now I now for sure in coco hso GC and BD do stretch!

I decided to get the pots out of the grow space to be able to do a good last trimming of the down part of the plants. I could see tiny bud sites that would never make anything good so removed them. I also remove some fan leaves everywhere to give more lights. My plants have grown too much and some bud sites were hitting the ip camera! So I could arrange everything :

Before :

20180806_111852~2.jpg

After :

20180806_170457~2.jpg

Blue Dream :

20180806_152344~2.jpg
20180806_154139~2.jpg
20180806_154150~2.jpg

Green Crack :

20180806_155616~2.jpg
20180806_150009~2.jpg
20180806_150123~2.jpg

My canopy is not even anymore unfortunately :

20180806_112048~2.jpg
20180806_165526~2.jpg

The green crack got taller. Last grow I had the blue dream plants growing taller. But now I now for sure in coco hso GC and BD do stretch!

Other than removing more of the smaller branches to improve the larger stuff i think youve done what you can.

Im a SCRoG guy myself. I would have gone that way. It would have been a mess with all the branching you have, but controlable.

Other than removing more of the smaller branches to improve the larger stuff i think youve done what you can.

Im a SCRoG guy myself. I would have gone that way. It would have been a mess with all the branching you have, but controlable.

After all it s fine as I have 4 led lights and can still adjust their height separately

Height is one thing density is another.

I believe your density is too thick as everything will come back with a venvgence choking out your ligh on the inside

I believe your density is too thick as everything will come back with a venvgence choking out your ligh on the inside

Wow sorry I didn't understand. I m not native English speaker. Could you say it in another way. Plus I was talking about the height of the lights to say that if one plant is shorter than the rest I just have to lower the light which is above her

Wow sorry I didn't understand. I m not native English speaker. Could you say it in another way. Plus I was talking about the height of the lights to say that if one plant is shorter than the rest I just have to lower the light which is above her

Oh, no problem. The height (how tall they are) of the plant is one thing. But, the density (how thick the growth is) will be a problem due to no light penetration. In a week your plants will be thicker than they were and this abundant growth will block the light below the canopy leaving all the hidden stuff larfy (loose, not tight and of poor quality). You can grow more, and of better quality when the buds get light throughout the plant, espescially when they flower like a sativa. Its very common to see 2 plants do MUCH better than 4 or more crowded ones. More isnt always better. You may end up with a pound and a half, but only 1/3 of it may be of any great quality

Oh, no problem. The height (how tall they are) of the plant is one thing. But, the density (how thick the growth is) will be a problem due to no light penetration. In a week your plants will be thicker than they were and this abundant growth will block the light below the canopy leaving all the hidden stuff larfy (loose, not tight and of poor quality). You can grow more, and of better quality when the buds get light throughout the plant, espescially when they flower like a sativa. Its very common to see 2 plants do MUCH better than 4 or more crowded ones. More isnt always better. You may end up with a pound and a half, but only 1/3 of it may be of any great quality

I got you. I agree. I should have vegged less. 3 weeks instead of 2. This would have allowed more space. Now I don't have choice anymore. Except defoliation I don't see anything I can do to hope to develop nice Colas! I m so opened to any advice!

I got you. I agree. I should have vegged less. 3 weeks instead of 2. This would have allowed more space. Now I don't have choice anymore. Except defoliation I don't see anything I can do to hope to develop nice Colas! I m so opened to any advice!

Trim some more branches. Remove the smaller plants. Your plants may not develop kolas on its best day. That seems to be more of an Indica thing. Not always as most are hybrids these days. If your plants CAN develop kolas they will need more access to light all the way down

Back
Top Bottom