Flavoring, it's in the water ?

Weekender

In general speaking I would like to talk about flavoring, flavoring that is placed in the water base and feed to the plant through its life cycle to bring out the flavor while ingesting the plant. At the grow shop I think I saw a large amount of different products, I did not ask he did not explain any of it. Well now I have been thinking about the stuff. As I go to dispensaries with my friends, I don't need anything as I have been a home grower for years, but while in the building, I will buy a pre-roll or 2 of different strains the flavors that I just do not get from my home grows, they smell great but no flavor at all. It is been gorilla grown for years, now I can grow 12 in the yard if I would like. In the past I panted and did not come back until harvest, now I can feed and water at will I hope to grow some larger plants. and I could feed a couple with flavoring as I am going with 7 gallon felt bags. What do you think of the stuff and does it work.

My personal opinion is it's mostly snake oil. Pot growers are like fishermen, they'll buy anything if they think it will help them grow better pot (or catch more fish). The terpene profile is set genetically, you may be able to enhance the existing profile through better growing techniques. The plant does NOT pull in flavors through the roots from the water, most of the terpene enhancers are basically sugars, non-sulphered molasses is often used, but it does NOT feed the plant sugars, it feeds the microbes, which break down coumpounds and make nutes more available to the plant, so in that respect it will help increase nute availability to the plant and possibly increase the existing terpene profile. The sugars will cause a microbial "bloom",and their numbers will spike, but it only lasts a couple days until the microbes digest the sugars and their number crash back to pre-molasses levels.

In general speaking I would like to talk about flavoring, flavoring that is placed in the water base and feed to the plant through its life cycle to bring out the flavor while ingesting the plant. At the grow shop I think I saw a large amount of different products, I did not ask he did not explain any of it. Well now I have been thinking about the stuff. As I go to dispensaries with my friends, I don't need anything as I have been a home grower for years, but while in the building, I will buy a pre-roll or 2 of different strains the flavors that I just do not get from my home grows, they smell great but no flavor at all. It is been gorilla grown for years, now I can grow 12 in the yard if I would like. In the past I panted and did not come back until harvest, now I can feed and water at will I hope to grow some larger plants. and I could feed a couple with flavoring as I am going with 7 gallon felt bags. What do you think of the stuff and does it work.
Look for things containing amino acids and organic sulfurs. I like low dose fish emulsion, maybe 10% of lowest recommendations for regular feed.

Something that was really overused some years ago was things like Floralicious from GH that makes everything taste and smell like pine soil if overused.

If you use them, use them very sparingly. It's like @Phytoplankton says you can't force something that's not already there from the first place.

In the past I panted and did not come back until harvest, now I can feed and water at will I hope to grow some larger plants. and I could feed a couple with flavoring as I am going with 7 gallon felt bags. What do you think of the stuff and does it work.
I do not think that it will work to flavor the buds with anything more than what the plant already is able to produce based on its genetics. Plant roots can pick up molecules of just about anything, including flavorings or heavy metals, that has mixed with the molecules of water. Then those molecules will be moved throughout the plant to the stems, leaves and flowers.

The plant is not built to get rid of these unneeded elements. Plants are genetically build to push out water vapor and the exchange of some molecules of air through the stomata in the undersides of the leaves but it cannot get rid of much else. Anything mixed with the water that the plant cannot use will be stored in the leaves.

If pouring flavorings onto the soil for the plant to absorb really worked there would be shelves of products. There would be growers mixing packets of Kool-Aid with the water to make their purple leafed plants taste like grape or black cherry. There are growers who mix Molasses with water and pour that on their soil as a way to feed the micro-organisms. Yes, some will say that there is a taste of Molasses in their buds but I doubt that very many actually like the taste of plain Molasses from the jar. End result, we do not see all these growers saying that now their buds taste like Molasses cookies.

@013 started a thread (link is below) almost 3 years ago on adding flavors so that the plant can absorb them. While some people feel that they can notice some of these flavors it does not seem that adding flavors works the way we want.
The Flavored Cannabis Project

something like terpinator may help as it's boosting the processes in the plant that create the natural flavours. everything else is just a gimmick to separate you from your money.

I wish it work like the elementary school experiment with putting a flower clipping in food coloring and watch the flower change color 😱.... But it doesn't lol.

I've also heard of using orange or lemon peels in your soil or in the water you using will give it an orange/lemon flavor and smell.... But unfortunately again no....

A lot of it is "bro-science" as it's simply called....and just doesn't work. It all comes down to if you want a certain flavor profile, smell, appearance, then you must pick strains that already have what your looking for.

Think of it this way.... If you could add something to your plant to change the flavor profile, then all our plants would taste like literal 💩 due to the fertilizers were using 😂.

Back
Top Bottom