Fox Farms Soil: Ocean Forest or Happy Frog

I do just about what you do but I have always used white sugar insteid of molasses witch is better and what does molasses do to help plants.I have used the sugar because I think it make it taste better and a bigger bud

I do just about what you do but I have always used white sugar insteid of molasses witch is better and what does molasses do to help plants.I have used the sugar because I think it make it taste better and a bigger bud
Well for one thing about molasses is you look at the nutrition facts on the side you will see that it has 1% sodium 3% potassium and it contains 2 % calcium 2% iron and 2% magnesium. All trace elements used by the plant.

I am going to try that.I,m new to this site I really never knew that there was so much information out there.I wish there was something like this in the 70,s.It took awhile back then to do good

Sorry to Necro this thread but man this was insightful. I am working on my first grow journal and I think I may do a combination of FF OF+ HF + some Mykos and mix in 60/40 soil to perlite ratio into my smart pots once the get here.

I have just got pro mix bx with the bio fungicide. this is a top dollar growing medium and has micro and macronutrients in it also perlite, vermiculite, and sphagnum Canadian peat moss. I grew with the regular pro mix bx before and my plants grew amazing didn't have to give nutrients for 3 months

I use sunshine mix #4 blue label with worm castings, but this time Im using pro-mix with micro and also worm castings. Only because they were out of sunshine mix. They seem to be doing good. I have never used hf or ffof, my thing is if what your using is working why change? Im going back to sunshine mix #4 next time. Just because i like it and am used to it.

I use sunshine mix #4 blue label with worm castings, but this time Im using pro-mix with micro and also worm castings. Only because they were out of sunshine mix. They seem to be doing good. I have never used hf or ffof, my thing is if what your using is working why change? Im going back to sunshine mix #4 next time. Just because i like it and am used to it.
Great reason to stay with what you know. FFOF works great but if you happy, great. I do not add any amendments so that's one less step and purchase. Amendments are nice but nutes and bene bacteria win the race.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

I have used Ocean Forest for years. Best bagged soil I have found - I have tried many. With worm castings and bat guano it needs no added nutrients for 30 days.

I have used Ocean Forest for years. Best bagged soil I have found - I have tried many. With worm castings and bat guano it needs no added nutrients for 30 days.

Ya it is the best I have used a little hot in the beginning but smooths out real good.I have got good buds without using any fertilizer.But I use fox farm fertilizer as a rule and that works real well.In my neck of the woods fox farm soil and fertilizer are hard to find so I have to order special and it does get pricey but well worth it.I have grown since the 70,s and one thing I have learned is that good soil is very important.Have fun and God Bless Lou

None of the above,Fox farm LOST its ORGANIC CERTIFICATION privileges,due to high toxic substances,it works great,so does planting tomatoes at CHERNOBYL.
Theirs an entire campaign going around to sabotage organic nutrients?that's a whole different thread.
I want to share my personal experience with soil mixes.I started growing about 6 years ago,i waisted thousands of dollars on the best HIGH CONCENTRATED,nutrients,canna terra,Advanced nutrients,even Fox farm in the beginning.All my plants were great,untill thay got older and required extra feedings,no matter how much I would feed them,,my plants always seemed to be missing something.
It's best to invest in each element seperatly,ALL 15 TO 20 ,guano,worm castings,blood meal,fish bone meal,ect,,5 to 7 element's work just as fine,it's up to you ,iand your budget,similar to subcools mix,he's right on the money,,it's best to mix your own recipie, and fill the pot MORE then half full,combined with SOMAs raised bed technique,your good to go,,plants love all organic nutrients,theirs no order,or law,that says other wise.
I was always told plants only need lots of nitrogin during veg,not to much phosphorus,,,NOT TRUE,,plants need everything all the way up to flowering,that ensures your plants will have plenty in reserve to push out some great medicine,i would wait,untill flowering.before using ,guano,heavy phosphorus nutrients,bad idea.Start off light,but always have as many elements in your base soil,as possible,it will not burn your plant.HAPPY GROWING.
1123162122a.jpg
1123162123.jpg
1123162124.jpg
1123162126.jpg
1123162119.jpg
1123162122.jpg

None of the above,Fox farm LOST its ORGANIC CERTIFICATION privileges,due to high toxic substances,it works great,so does planting tomatoes at CHERNOBYL.
Theirs an entire campaign going around to sabotage organic nutrients?that's a whole different thread.
I want to share my personal experience with soil mixes.I started growing about 6 years ago,i waisted thousands of dollars on the best HIGH CONCENTRATED,nutrients,canna terra,Advanced nutrients,even Fox farm in the beginning.All my plants were great,untill thay got older and required extra feedings,no matter how much I would feed them,,my plants always seemed to be missing something.
It's best to invest in each element seperatly,ALL 15 TO 20 ,guano,worm castings,blood meal,fish bone meal,ect,,5 to 7 element's work just as fine,it's up to you ,iand your budget,similar to subcools mix,he's right on the money,,it's best to mix your own recipie, and fill the pot MORE then half full,combined with SOMAs raised bed technique,your good to go,,plants love all organic nutrients,theirs no order,or law,that says other wise.
I was always told plants only need lots of nitrogin during veg,not to much phosphorus,,,NOT TRUE,,plants need everything all the way up to flowering,that ensures your plants will have plenty in reserve to push out some great medicine,i would wait,untill flowering.before using ,guano,heavy phosphorus nutrients,bad idea.Start off light,but always have as many elements in your base soil,as possible,it will not burn your plant.HAPPY GROWING.
1123162122a.jpg
1123162123.jpg
1123162124.jpg
1123162126.jpg
1123162119.jpg
1123162122.jpg
It comes with a warning when you have it shipped to California. Now I see why... I am so jelly of those plants.

The member whose post you quoted was banned three years ago for something or other (that's what "on vacation" means), stated that they had trouble when using three separate well-known nutrient brands (that are probably collectively used to good effect by millions of people each year)... and that they once believed some really questionable advice(?) that cannabis plants would do just fine all the way through their vegetative period while having access to only nitrogen and a small amount of phosphorous. And might (I'm unclear on this part) have referred to guano, bone meal, worm castings, and such as "elements."

I'd probably take their advice with a grain of salt ;) .

FF Happy Frog is a land soil with all the good land stuff like microbes and fungi. FF Ocean Forrest contains similar stuff as Happy Frog but also contains sea fish and crab meal in it minus the beneficials HF claims. Many claim to mix a bag of OF and HF together to get the best of both.
That's what I did 2/3 FFOF 1/3 ffhf plus added perlite

This thread is 6 years old. Those peeps are long gone. Seems the majority of people last 1 or 2 grows & disappear.
I doubt there's 50 people still here that were here 5 years ago. I've seen many come & go in the couple years I've been here. I think they disappear because things get too repetitive with new growers joining all the time & hearing the same questions over & over. I think I may be reaching that point because I find myself ignoring a lot of posts these days.

This thread is 6 years old. Those peeps are long gone. Seems the majority of people last 1 or 2 grows & disappear.
I doubt there's 50 people still here that were here 5 years ago. I've seen many come & go in the couple years I've been here. I think they disappear because things get too repetitive with new growers joining all the time & hearing the same questions over & over. I think I may be reaching that point because I find myself ignoring a lot of posts these days.
Hang around newbies like me need advise

This is why I wrote my watering articles and my tutorials. I got tired of explaining the same things over and over again (for 11 years now), yet every week brings in more people that need to hear the concepts. I enjoy teaching what I have learned and now I can refer anyone that needs to learn the basics to my past work, but oftentimes there is a need for one on one instruction or being able to word something in just the right way for a new grower of weeds to understand a concept better. I have also learned a somewhat profound lesson in life by doing this... the more I explain my concepts to people, the better I understand them myself! The best way to master a subject is to try to teach it. Also, I know my watering tutorial will be along well after I am gone, and if something were to happen to me, the lessons are still there and able to help anyone in the future. Stick around Buds, you are one of the good ones, and we need your voice out here. Just as in growing this weed, we do our best work by being patient and staying with it for the long haul.
:cheer: :thanks::cheer:

Back
Top Bottom