Fresh Start - 1st Grow - 1 Plant - Early Vixen - 150 Watt HPS

Light is in the tent! It is 33" up.... Hope that's enough! Little plant looks lonely in there!

image35137.jpg

I love growing next to my bed! Haha, quick question any reason for the light being so high? Looking good bro:thumb:

I love growing next to my bed! Haha, quick question any reason for the light being so high? Looking good bro:thumb:

Thanks for stopping by Brad!

The tent is actually in an unused bedroom! Don't think my wife is quite to the point where she would be cool with it next to our 'actual' bed! .

I put the light super high because it is the first day for the plant under LED. (Had my 150w HPS in there) apparently they can react pretty poorly to LED at first so I am starting far away. I will bring it down slowly over the coming days.

Thanks again for your comment!

Sent from my iPad using 420

Fimmed the top yesterday and have started to LST! Working toward a nice corkscrew!

image35177.jpg
image35178.jpg

And just today, it started giving off an amazing aroma!

I think in another 5 or so days, I will be ready to repot.

It is in a 1/2 gallon now.....going to a 2 gallon smart pot next....and finally into a 3 gallon..

I am developing a serious love for these plants! As a testament, I am basically out of weed but it doesn't even phase me as I watch this little plant grow from a seed! So much appreciation for the process and, as a result, so much more appreciation for the product!

Take care,

Hey Billy,
Nice looking grow man. I'm a super newb too, fixing to start my own first early vixen. I am not up on what you did to "fim" the plant, You said it'd been "fimmed twice" what does that mean and how do you do it? I'd like to make sure my first is as successful as possible too so ...
Thanks,
Devolved

Well lots to report!

About 2 weeks ago, I repotted to a 2 gallon smart pot. I immediately had a few lower leaves turn yellow. I deduced that it was a nitrogen deficiency.
image35729.jpg

What caused this? Well, when I repotted, I didn't feed...just watered. So, the new Promix didn't have any nuts in it and the new roots were pulling nothing in....the second reason was that I had to wait several days for the larger pot to dry out before feeding again, and that added to the problem. Solution? I will be sure to feed when I repot in the future,

On December 30, (4 days ago, I repotted to a 5 gal smart pot and set up the scrog that I built yesterday. It loves the new pot! (Timer is placed in photo for scale)
image35730.jpg

image35732.jpg

image35731.jpg

I'm flipping to 12/12 tomorrow! (Day 60 of veg) I'm thinking I may have let it grow a bit too much and might fill the screen too fast, but I shall see!

Thanks for stopping by!

Hey Billy,
Nice looking grow man. I'm a super newb too, fixing to start my own first early vixen. I am not up on what you did to "fim" the plant, You said it'd been "fimmed twice" what does that mean and how do you do it? I'd like to make sure my first is as successful as possible too so ...
Thanks,
Devolved

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner! Here is a great post on Fiming : What is the FIM technique?

Hi billy, I am starting the same strain, I just put my seeds in the cup of water a few hours ago! Your plant is very beautiful, and this is my first time also. I will be starting a journal if things go smoothly the next few days ! I just wanted to ask you. Did you jut give straight water into the promix for the first 10days with no nutes? That's my biggest concern right now I got promix bx & I'm not sure how to start my seedlings off.

Hi billy, I am starting the same strain, I just put my seeds in the cup of water a few hours ago! Your plant is very beautiful, and this is my first time also. I will be starting a journal if things go smoothly the next few days ! I just wanted to ask you. Did you jut give straight water into the promix for the first 10days with no nutes? That's my biggest concern right now I got promix bx & I'm not sure how to start my seedlings off.

Thanks for stopping by!

Yep..just PHed RO water (5.5) for at least 10 days. Then, I went to a feed - feed - water schedule. Once I repotted, I fed every watering until I got good runoff.
Take care!

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Excellent way to optimize a 150w and excellent timing... that screen is going to fill up perfectly! Also, a pat on the back for the clean underscreen, as a result you are going to get some good airflow in there. And looking at the size of that trunk, the roots on this monster have to be very healthy! For a first grow, it looks like you are well on your way to an excellent harvest!

Excellent way to optimize a 150w and excellent timing... that screen is going to fill up perfectly! Also, a pat on the back for the clean underscreen, as a result you are going to get some good airflow in there. And looking at the size of that trunk, the roots on this monster have to be very healthy! For a first grow, it looks like you are well on your way to an excellent harvest!

Thanks Emilya! You have been a great help and I truly appreciate your kind words!

Well, I am at day 26 of flowering with my very first cannabis plant! (early vixen) It is such a blast.

The tent is 2 foot 4 inches square for perspective.

DSC_86201.jpg
DSC_86171.jpg
DSC_86031.jpg
DSC_86011.jpg
DSC_85981.jpg

I think I have the canopy even enough but there are a couple shooting up. I am pruning every other day and clearing out larger fan leaves to get light penetration to the lower buds.

Thanks for reading!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom