Funny First Grow Outdoor/Balcony OG Kush + Grape Ape

i sense my next grow will be a tad bit more serious.....

It seems that's the way most of us are going after / during our first grows.... It just snowballs from here hahaha. My buddies and I are already planning for next spring, to have clones ready for a guerrilla grow. VERY addicting and fun!

quick UPDATE: :ganjamon:

just a recap.......

Strain: bagseed..... although they popped out from a strain i got at a local dispensary called Incredible Hulk..... i germinated 5. all 5 sprouted. all 5 are currently vegging. Today is IH0's 22nd day of veg while the others a day or so behind..... ill just say theyve all been veggin since Sept. 20th.

Lights: CFLs this round... dont got much money and all..... 4 x 42w CFLs..... each produce 2800 lumens for a total of 11200 lumens. im not sure if i use all of them since i do have leaks through the sides =/ 2 x 6500k and 2 x 2700k...... i also just winged-a-reflector.... with some wire coat hangers and a emergency blanket i purchased at big 5 for like 4 bucks......

Nutes: started off using just molasses...... but ive stopped that and switched over to MG all purpose plant food..... my plants didnt like them as they started to show nute burn..... i did a "semi-flush" with 1 gallon into their 3 liter pots. it somewhat made a correction to the nute burning.... i am now stocked with Growbig from FF...... i only had money to buy this single bottle and nothing else. BUT, i will be buying the FF line eventually and see how well they supplement growth!

Medium: started off the seedlings with MG/MG perlite..... just in their solo cups..... i then transplanted them into their 3 liters with more of the MG perlite (flushed once with plain kitchen tap at 7.3ph...... it said enriched with plant food... and i didnt want that) and Kellogg organic patio potting mix..... i just saw good tihngs labeled like bat guano and castings... so on..... so far so good! i would like to try FF soil in the future though.....

OK......so i noticed the burns havent been spreading so thats some good news......

im still curious about IH2 and her little bush thats growing under her cotyledon..... trips me out..... heres a closer picture of it growing......
69546_1435750542795_1503914826_30896939_6183136_n.jpg

i found my old jewelers loupe, so i kinda substituted a magnifying glass...... it works really well, if not better.

i topped the girls 2 days ago and it seems like they took it well. IH0-3 have been topped, while IH4 i think i will leave her top alone, but i might supercrop homegirl and see what that does.

ok so pretty much the plants i topped look like this.......
69447_1435750662798_1503914826_30896940_4283826_n.jpg

I topped IH0 with a pair of scissors.... while i just pinched the rest off from IH1-3....

today was a little sunny and warm today, and im hoping they drank a grip so i can water them with just plain kitchen tap with some kellogg topped off, then start the fresh FF nutes next watering!

im excited. thanks for following peeps. appreciate it. :thanks::ganjamon:

LOL i cant..... hes part of the family now..... hes a freakn troublemaker.... but hes a living creature that never fails to amuse me..... plus i need all the Co2 producers i can get!

i love animals too much man.... well more like living things..... :ganjamon:

i would have a damn alligator as a pet if i could

FS... whats up bro?

I thought that I would come by and check on you. Wish you would have hit me up about the nutes, I could have recommended some cheaper stuff to you that would have gotten you by. The foxfarms nutes dont work as good if you dont have the 3 micro nutrient solutions. They are made to be mixed to form a full solution. I think that they will work individually as well though. Cant be any worse for you than the MG stuff you had going on.

Other than a little nute burn they look pretty healthy. Just keep reading and asking questions. It will eventually come together for you. You are alot more fortunate than I was. When I started, there was very little info on the internet. But that was back in the early 90's. I am assuming that you are significantly younger than me.

Another completely random and irrelevant question... I know you had mentioned in my journal that you are Korean. Are you Buddhist? Was just curious because of the "living creatures" comment. The only reason that I ask is because I live a few blocks away from a temple and wanted to check it out, but I dont know the protocol for attending. I have been to lots of different religious services, and like to check out new stuff. A few years ago, I went to a mosque for over a year =). I just dont want to be that guy that walks in doing something that youre not supposed to do. If that question is in any way offensive to you, please disregard it, and accept my sincerest apologies.

Oh, btw... I dont know if anyone else mentioned it to you or not but 7.0Ph is a little high. Even though technically speaking 7 is neutral, plants prefer it a little more acidic. About 5.8 - 6.3 is about where you want to get it. The plants will absorb it better.

They are pretty forgiving if you dont have it just right though. You just want to make sure that it isnt too far one way or the other.

HAHA Gio....

right on the money my man...... yea im hella young i guess you could say..... and im not quite buddhist. i did visit a temple in hacienda heights, ca last week..... i am trying to learn more about buddhism myself because i already know what type of life i want to live... and i want to live knowing whats right and whats wrong. buddhism isnt a religion...... you dont look up to one god...... you look up to life..... the way of life.... crazy huh?

and entering a temple..... theres nothing to it really.... keep your mind clear and try and surrender all negative thoughts and walk in with confidence. there are going to be monks there to kind of "guide" you to participate in prayer appropriately...... all temples have visitors from around the world, like tourists and whatnot..... rule is.... no cameras inside the temple... no hats.... if you takin your girl.... make sure she aint got a skirt on lol..... and it is NOT a field trip. its a place to experience life basically...... makes you feel good really...... i think soon when someone asks me if im buddhist.... i would like to tellem yea i am. thats soon though.... i still have a lot to learn. even the full lotus position for meditation is a PAIN. i can only do half. i actually thought about living at a temple for a couple months. i still think about it time to time..... when shit gets hard and i aint got no answers...... the temple is a great place for understanding and i guess you could say it opens your eyes.....

i guess you could say early 20s.....i know people are much older on this site if not same age..... but really age dont matter..... manner does.

GIO! and as for the plants! shit...... i was really careless last night my man....... i checked my ph level of my kitchen tap and it was different than last time.... it wasnt 7.3...... it was 7.6....... i didnt adjust it and just gave it plain to my plants with some kellogg soil topped off....... runoff came out to 7.9!!!!!!!!!!! this was last night of course..... i dont think it made any changes to my girls health.... and it does seem like they have new growth........ those 2 growth tips are shooting up from where i topped. so thats good news.....

hopefully they drink all the water out their pots today........ so i can water again with adjusted ph...... i cant make too big of a change in the ph.... so ill adjust it to maybe 6.5 and see what runoff might be like.....

thanks Gio for stopping in and i hope you visit that temple.

Yeah you are right. So used to hydro, that it just kinda automatically came out. Sorry about that. Im super baked today too =). My girl asked me to stop working since I havent taken a day off from working on my room in 2 wks. She said I have to recover from all the work I have been doing.

So I said okay and am loaded watching movies with her daughter. :tokin:

Yeah you are right. So used to hydro, that it just kinda automatically came out. Sorry about that. Im super baked today too =). My girl asked me to stop working since I havent taken a day off from working on my room in 2 wks. She said I have to recover from all the work I have been doing.

So I said okay and am loaded watching movies with her daughter. :tokin:

haha by all means take some time off! LOL youve been more than enough help here over in my journal....

i cant even blaze right now.... got no stash.... i dont even got money..... sigh.... i might just have to nap or sumn..... its hot too......

Wow after years of using forums I just figured out how to multi-quote.

oh almost forgot..... the 5.8-6.3 applies to hydro? i read around 7 for soil.....

I just read some stuff yesterday, and most sources say 5.9-6.5 for soil, 6.2-6.3 is ideal. But it depends on the PH of the soil. If you don't know PH of soil, stick with water PH'd to 6.5. My tap water just so happens to be a 6.5, and I let it sit out for usually a day or so to distill.

HAHA Gio....buddhism isnt a religion...... you dont look up to one god...... you look up to life..... the way of life.... crazy huh?

Sounds like something worth checking out for sure, I have actually been reading about buddhism recently too and it does go well with gardening, and all things relating to nature.

hopefully they drink all the water out their pots today........ so i can water again with adjusted ph...... i cant make too big of a change in the ph.... so ill adjust it to maybe 6.5 and see what runoff might be like.....

thanks Gio for stopping in and i hope you visit that temple.

What are you usin to modify the ph?

WUTUP GROW! ITS FREAKN HOT TODAY! MY ASS IS SWEATN LIKE A PIG............ :lot-o-toke:
just came back from my local disp and the sec guard over there hookd it up with some homegrown..... that shit was cured nice.... man.... ok ima just add a picture damnit....

69327_1436941572570_1503914826_30899464_3741451_n.jpg

haha just one picture..... smelled like blueberries...... smoke was too damn smooth man.... shit......

and Grow.....

they better drink all their damn water........... or i can just pour a cup or two later and not a full watering...... i hate it when i make mistakes.... i dont want my plants getn all weird and sad from ph fluctuation either..... im going to let it dry out. word... let it dry out.....<---self reminder lol....

honestly..... its just been molasses for the ph down..... plus i read good things about molasses when used during both veg/flower stage....... but i have gnats now..... lol.... it aint a big problem cos theyre slow and i can catch em hahaha or is that the asian inside of me? lol..... i think i might try lemon juice.... any other alternatives you had in mind??

yea buddhism is a trip..... its some place you needa go alone and not with someone else.... i mean at least for the first time..... first time experience has to be by yourself i think...... cos i know inside it woulda felt a lot better..... my girl took me..... i felt like i shoulda went alone.... iono its weird.... yea hope to see you there..... if yknow what i mean....

Right on, yeah thirsty plants are healthy plants for sure.

About the gnats, went through that my whole time indoors, was because I kept movin the plants from outdoors, indoors, thats what does it man. They came from some other plants nearby outside. sticky traps are a good way to guage how many u have.

I found the vinegar + dish soap method works for a few flies, but the best is organic sprays... more $$$ i know haha it hurts sometimes but these are just the upfronts - hoping to never have a gnat problem again because next grow will be sterile (no outdoor contact).

There are some other household ways like baking soda, vinegar (down / up) for ph I think. Sure molasses cant hurt. I want to pick some up for my flowering, should be starting to use it soon I guess ?

speaking of vinegar..... just watched this one clip of these japanese people washing their face with vinegar and all.... dude these white worms started comin out their pores..... i couldnt finish eating......

Im gona go get those sticky pads as soon as i get some cash flow for this to-do list.....
im gona go ahead and give vinegar a try...... lime juice will work as same as lemon juice correct? just saw my mom squeezin some limes......

i think it was MountainHigh that posted something crazy about the works of molasses.... like bacteria colonies pooping out some stuff and those stuff are eaten by some other things and some other things LOL..... nuts.

dude ima make a vid now..... inspired hahaha

Hmmmmmmm thats hella interesting lol..... if my problem gets worse, im gona have to try this. my mom got panty hose i think! or some stockin or something... she has to..... perlite? sure! i got the MG one!... bummer....... i flush the perlite though before i use it.... since it says "enriched with plant food"

thanks for the tip 52! im beginning to think it was the molasses i was adding to the watering..... bugs like sweet shit right?

:peacetwo:

You're welcome funnystyle

I bet it's the soil, I've been using molasses and have no problems with bugs. When the gnats were bad they seemed to hang around 1 plant only and that was the plant with unknown soil I got from a friend (prolly MG) I will use only ffof or happy frog from here on out.

i hear ya loud and clear man im gona use FF after this.... well if you had problems with possible MG soil then it might be it then.... cos i had them all in MG with the same perlite before their first transplant into their 3liters.....

yea i cant be cheap with soil i dont think so..... although i wana try kelloggs other organic line besides the one im already using.... i think the one for tomatoes would be better..... but i will def try to get my hands on FF first.....

cant wait to start flowering..... hate waiting.... lol...... i wana see some girls already!!!

quick UPDATE:

haha 52! i think my girls are getn big! muahaha :yahoo:

so yesterday mid-day, i watered the girls(again... hopefully theyre all ladies.....) with 1 tsp of Growbig to 1 gal. my kitchen tap is 7.5-7.6 i have been keepin track on my ph these days since i dont want my ladies having a hard time..... i want my soil ph to be around 6.5 so ive been lowering ph of this damn tap.... the 1 tsp of growbig was actually pretty acidic and brought my 7.6 down to a 6.8 which i then watered 1 liter each to 5 plants..... the day before yesterday i had watered them with plain tap and then runoff was like 7.8-7.9....... so i started puttn myself on check. Today, i watered them with like 1/2 tsp of molasses, and 1/2 tsp of growbig..... i dont have ph adjusting alternatives.... so i figured i use those two.... then i remebered.... i had lime juice my mom squeezed up so i added 1/2 tsp of that all this to 1 gal of kitchen tap. this brought my ph down to 6.7... perfect..... but im so stupid i forgot to check runoff.... lol.....

ill shutup now.... ok so here they are IH0-4 at 23rd day into veg

ok so i moved some branches and fan leaves around to let the budspots come up and get some light

heres a picture of the bunch.
71769_1438785818675_1503914826_30902752_953490_n.jpg

that growbig makes em look so damn green..... YUM

heres IH0
11074.jpg

IH1
2784.jpg

IH2
3657.jpg

IH3
4479.jpg

IH4

5375.jpg

heres a picture of the bunch under their wing-a-light cfl fixture hahaha!
71769_1438785858676_1503914826_30902753_425439_n.jpg

i think theyre asking me to transplant them already..... im going to supercrop IH4 and LST the rest.... all have been topped besides IH4.

cheers! :peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom