GiGaBaNE's 4th - HydroGanics 600w HiD + Flouro

yes my friend thats exactly what it was meant to do. trouble is that mix is far too heavy one the old perlite so instead i just end up with a crater exposing roots if i pour too fast.

i have found a weakness in air pots that is inherant in my gigapots and any 2L that uses air holes to act like a air pot also. the usual rules that apply to gnats entering through the top of the soil goes out of the window...gnats LOVE it =(
they get 24 hour 360degree multi story access to any part of the soil they choose to infect with their babies =(

anyway back to my point.

if i were to use 2Ls again i would still just cut the very top off the bottle, only start all my air holes on at the bottom 2/3rds of the bottle. use something like tights (pantyhose?) to screen the air holes and use something heavy like a bit of gravel on top of the soil. this combination should prevent soil swillage and fungus gnats without risking overwatering and stagnation =)

yes my friend thats exactly what it was meant to do. trouble is that mix is far too heavy one the old perlite so instead i just end up with a crater exposing roots if i pour too fast.

i have found a weakness in air pots that is inherant in my gigapots and any 2L that uses air holes to act like a air pot also. the usual rules that apply to gnats entering through the top of the soil goes out of the window...gnats LOVE it =(
they get 24 hour 360degree multi story access to any part of the soil they choose to infect with their babies =(

anyway back to my point.

if i were to use 2Ls again i would still just cut the very top off the bottle, only start all my air holes on at the bottom 2/3rds of the bottle. use something like tights (pantyhose?) to screen the air holes and use something heavy like a bit of gravel on top of the soil. this combination should prevent soil swillage and fungus gnats without risking overwatering and stagnation =)

Hey gig, dude told me at the nursey that fungus g nats would'nt entes my soil if I crushed up clay pots and covered my soil with them, he even gave me a clay pot to use.....bless his heart, but I went with the sns and worry free. Anyhow, maybe a future experiment.

Gig I was wondering what you generally yield from a plant in the smaller pots? Sometimes the journals blend a bit but I remember you giving a reason for the smaller pot more plants deal. I have 6 regs this grow 2 are female. They are in 2 gallon pots. How bad does this alter a potential yield? I would imagine that the plants grow tall and thin.

anyway back to my point.

I know what you mean about the 24 hour, 360 degree access.
Like an open parkade.
Great idea you've got to use "nylons" to barrier.
I was actually thinking along the same lines with my Hercules pots for my next round.
But using cloth tape, or hockey tape, over the big holes.
Then the medium will still breathe, while keeping them bastards the Fu** outta my parkade!

sounds good. are your roots meant to grow out of those pots? we should check a few of these macguyver upgrades to see which ones can prevent pest penetration, but roots are able to force their way through without strangling themselves.

i want to start looking into electronic countermeasures. there has got to be some pulse or radiowave or something that annoys the hell out of fungus gnats. hell i would even settle for a bottle of hormone spray that makes them run a mile, lol.

These fungus g nats are a trip, I hope you guys don't get em in there with your protective measures in place, and then have to remove it all to treat em. This is where I am with fungus g nats. I got those little fuckers two grows ago, I went to my friendly grow store and ask for some nematodes, I used em before and they worked. Miss mcgrowstore said she only had one pack, they were a little old and shed givem ta me at half price, cuz some of em might be dead, whatever. I applied em, they stank like crap ( the clue that shoulda told me they were dead ) but I used em anyway. When dealing with fungus g nats, you need to act fast, those little shits almost killed my plants in a matter 0f 72 hours! Now, I hit their asses hard, they go away completely, but eventually come back, and I kill their asses again, I see that this is going to be an extended war.....( or is it only a conflict? ). Short of a thermonuclear response, I have settled in for the long battle.

im going total war!

there is risk to my plants, but im going to flush my pots every 48 hours with h202 and superthrive enriched water with quarter strength nutes just to help avoid shocks.

im going for 9ml @35% for 35 litres, which is a slightly lower dose than cultivator reccomended but then im using it far more often.

all non weed crops are getting purged from the house, any organic waste will leave the house straight away rather than sit in the bin for a day or two. its a battle of attrition and im going after their food supplies. cand hang around for very long if i give them nowhere they can grab a snack. keeping my soil wet like that is a risk but the extra o2 should help counter that and because the soil is moist the little buggers wont be inactive they will be growing and moving and will get boiled in h2o2 about 7 times in the next 2 weeks...ill be fkin impressed if they find some way to survive that!

im going total war!

there is risk to my plants, but im going to flush my pots every 48 hours with h202 and superthrive enriched water with quarter strength nutes just to help avoid shocks.

im going for 9ml @35% for 35 litres, which is a slightly lower dose than cultivator reccomended but then im using it far more often.

all non weed crops are getting purged from the house, any organic waste will leave the house straight away rather than sit in the bin for a day or two. its a battle of attrition and im going after their food supplies. cand hang around for very long if i give them nowhere they can grab a snack. keeping my soil wet like that is a risk but the extra o2 should help counter that and because the soil is moist the little buggers wont be inactive they will be growing and moving and will get boiled in h2o2 about 7 times in the next 2 weeks...ill be fkin impressed if they find some way to survive that!

That will kill em gig, If any slip out, i'll blaze em when they come through the door..LOL!

I feel your pain. Damn Gnats!! So far I am lucky inside the tent. My garage plants had them but now all are outside. I moved in 2 plants that I know had them. I ran some SNS304 (204) through the roots for a bit. Hope it works this time. Sounds as if you two have down what to do!

I feel your pain. Damn Gnats!! So far I am lucky inside the tent. My garage plants had them but now all are outside. I moved in 2 plants that I know had them. I ran some SNS304 (204) through the roots for a bit. Hope it works this time. Sounds as if you two have down what to do!

That sns product will put a real kink in their hoses, Fn casualties everywhere. First I hit em with the 204, then I came back with 209, 204=drench, 209 systemic preventative. Just a lost g nat soul I see flyin around now and again, but they never go away completely....yet...good hunting!

haha wonder if one will hermie if all thats left is adam and steve :rofl:

Haha gig, you're feeling better, I appreciate the british sense of humor, kinda twisted, sometimes a little dry, most people here don't get it!
My father spent a great deal of time in a combat theatre, living with british and aussie soldiers doing the same, he told me they were both game, and could get a fight going pretty often, nothin serious you know, just some good fisticuffs and occaisional broken bones. If anybody ever had any positive relationship with my dad they were good people. My dad almost killed my uncle with his bare hands because my uncle called the barmaid a whore. My dad took no shit from anyone ever.

sounds like a top bloke!
reminds me of one of my favorite fction heros 'druss the legend'. in many ways a share a similar black and white outlook on certain things like that, like how a lady should be treated..and how an enemy e.t.c

and yes i am feeling a lot better. virus is still in me, i can feel some of its effects still active, but my body has won the middle ground and is pushing for final victory...you watch some sinister sneak attack from a different bug :rofl:

:cheer::bravo:

Back
Top Bottom