GiGaBaNE's 4th - HydroGanics 600w HiD + Flouro

pay back for your exspensive seeds :)

goGnats works just don't let it get real cold in storage. Mine didn' weather over the winter in the shed. Check it out and research it abit. I used it as a dench acouple times and gnats got gone. Oh one or two around but the problem ceased. I had them buggers in my soil. 'Black Glod'. Gl and Keepm Green

just a bit of an update cult.
yesterday i did 9 mill 35% to 35 litres. a tiny bit weaker than your dose, so i hope it still kills the larvae but the plants have perked up over night, even the seedlings dont seem phased by it. AND i forgot to add the superthrive so thats going in tommorow.

lol i know its a bit ghetto but i cut open an airbed for now and using it as a water table drain away. saves me hours on watering time. think im going to enjoy working water table grows with drip feeding.

have you much experience using buffers to stabilise rez ph?

just a bit of an update cult.
yesterday i did 9 mill 35% to 35 litres. a tiny bit weaker than your dose, so i hope it still kills the larvae but the plants have perked up over night, even the seedlings dont seem phased by it. AND i forgot to add the superthrive so thats going in tommorow.

lol i know its a bit ghetto but i cut open an airbed for now and using it as a water table drain away. saves me hours on watering time. think im going to enjoy working water table grows with drip feeding.

have you much experience using buffers to stabilise rez ph?

I'm after those little bastards this morning gig, If those sns products only control em for a week, I could buy weed cheaper than using it.
I'm just sayin, unless the products I bought were improperly stored, or old, I won't be using it again. I get pissed when I go through all the motions, spend my money, only to have those little bastards come back like this....SHIT

I checked out the guarantee on sns products, the only thing they guarantee is that what they say is in the bottle, is in the bottle. I asked for free samples before and never got shit. They say they don't guarantee that product will do anything, I guess I spoke too soon before when I said it worked, but it did....for A WEEK!

i have had no contact with sns and can say nothing for or against, but they are a sponsor so words need to be weighed very carefully.

I guess I spoke too soon before when I said it worked, but it did....for A WEEK!
if it kills them, then it works. the product does the job....its now up to you to find out why the reinfestation.

so many issues to consider like if there is a single dry lump in your soil then there is an island of protection for a few larvae. 2 larvae could become 20000 in as little as 6 weeks. your seriously going to have to examine everywhere in their flying range connected to your grow room for any location there is a body of water and a place they may get to snack and lay eggs and you have to hit them again and again and again.

i have loads of plants so if i miss even 1 day between waterings of some then that might mean new mating flies happening on the same day as i treat which can then probaly lay eggs in the treated soil the day after that...armageddon of a mobile and stealthy species that breeds like zerg requires a secure quarantine and multiple global strikes, real carpet bomb stuff to make sure you leave not one pair alive.

the instructions on the label may not necicarily work if the have places they can retreat to. overkill is just enough ;)

i have had no contact with sns and can say nothing for or against, but they are a sponsor so words need to be weighed very carefully.

if it kills them, then it works. the product does the job....its now up to you to find out why the reinfestation.

so many issues to consider like if there is a single dry lump in your soil then there is an island of protection for a few larvae. 2 larvae could become 20000 in as little as 6 weeks. your seriously going to have to examine everywhere in their flying range connected to your grow room for any location there is a body of water and a place they may get to snack and lay eggs and you have to hit them again and again and again.

i have loads of plants so if i miss even 1 day between waterings of some then that might mean new mating flies happening on the same day as i treat which can then probaly lay eggs in the treated soil the day after that...armageddon of a mobile and stealthy species that breeds like zerg requires a secure quarantine and multiple global strikes, real carpet bomb stuff to make sure you leave not one pair alive.

the instructions on the label may not necicarily work if the have places they can retreat to. overkill is just enough ;)

I always speak the truth and let the chips fall where they may, I have mixed chems for commercial horticultural crops, many times, with many thousands of dollars depending on the success of the products. I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt that I got some old product, or some that has been exposed to excessive heat.....but I won't buy any more, especially after I didn't get my free sample that THEY offered to me. Peace bro. My friendly hydro grow store lost my business too, for sellin it to me. I AM the one who has to be pleased with the product!

I always speak the truth and let the chips fall where they may, I have mixed chems for commercial horticultural crops, many times, with many thousands of dollars depending on the success of the products. I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt that I got some old product, or some that has been exposed to excessive heat.....but I won't buy any more, especially after I didn't get my free sample that THEY offered to me. Peace bro. My friendly hydro grow store lost my business too, for sellin it to me. I AM the one who has to be pleased with the product!

I have used SNS on two separate grows with great success. Honestly I only had to control a few flare ups with sticky tape. Any flare ups were user error on my part. I received the first bottle as a sample then purchased more for all my garden needs. Maybe the batch was bad as you sugested . Not sure as I am not an expert. I think those little shits will survive a Nuclear Explosion!

I have used SNS on two separate grows with great success. Honestly I only had to control a few flare ups with sticky tape. Any flare ups were user error on my part. I received the first bottle as a sample then purchased more for all my garden needs. Maybe the batch was bad as you sugested . Not sure as I am not an expert. I think those little shits will survive a Nuclear Explosion!

It is awfully hot here, and I know that heat can damage chemicals. I had them ( g nats ) that one time real bad, used the dead nematodes, requested a sample from sns.........it never came. Plants got so sick I whacked em. I have alot more savvy now, and I know that if those little shits show up, I gotta do something quick, or I'm gonna lose my crop. i'm not big on nursing young plants back to health..........I can replace em quick...Thanks for your thoughts!

no worries my friend, my little prattle wasnt meant to be directed against your post in anyways, it bore it no reference at all, it was just my utterly neutral advice regarding sponsors and gnats.

the two pertinances are that reports are common of people never quite annihilating the problem and last time i had a strong opinion on a sponsor it was with some others and there was an almost all out war that lead to product boycotts and sponsorship revokations and all sorts....so just me personally, im keeping my views on sponsors well locked up untill i can make a worthy all round judgement calls.

lol buck, save some time, dont pray for me....me and him are not on talking terms ;)

:cheesygrinsmiley: sometimes it seems far away but it is so close you can touch it, just give your kids a hug and you can actually feel it.

BID... how does your garden grow? Hope you are back in the saddle.

gig have you tried using neem oil? there are commercial preparations but what i do is add a tsp to a quart of warm water a a drop or tw regular dish soap,shake vigorusly and spray all around the grow room,the top of the soil the plants the floor you have to shake ever min or so, it smells like rotten onions and nasty BO but they hate it and it messes with their minds ,effectively making them retarded, they will forget to eat,breed etc and it works on all sorts of critters,, i used it for spider mites and fungus gnats it worked pretty well and a bottle off fleabay was like 5 bux it lasts a long time, look it up online, i have been using the sns stuff and i think its working good too , not seen any gnats, and some clones i got a while back were infectd w/mites and that was dealt with promptly i use the systemic sns drench and have not seen any other critters, so thats my 2 cents

:cheesygrinsmiley: sometimes it seems far away but it is so close you can touch it, just give your kids a hug and you can actually feel it.

never happening.
a miracle is just an event that we attatch personal significance to.

winning the lottery for example, is both a miracle and a statistical garuntee...someone has to win.

i adore the miracle of my kids, that magical formation of a unique personality that is impressed upon my mind and animalistic behaviour for life....but that still doesnt give it any more import that evolution and the need to procreate. if we as a species wasnt set to this average level of love for our offspring our numbers would be much fewer. it can all be explained away with organic chemistry.
and an appreciation that the mind is unique and one of a kind is an appreciation of our species itself, not that something out there had to make it happen...the truth is better than the fiction, its just harder to bear the finality of it.

no one is coming to save our species, we are on our own.

gig have you tried using neem oil? there are commercial preparations but what i do is add a tsp to a quart of warm water a a drop or tw regular dish soap,shake vigorusly and spray all around the grow room,the top of the soil the plants the floor you have to shake ever min or so, it smells like rotten onions and nasty BO but they hate it and it messes with their minds ,effectively making them retarded, they will forget to eat,breed etc and it works on all sorts of critters,, i used it for spider mites and fungus gnats it worked pretty well and a bottle off fleabay was like 5 bux it lasts a long time, look it up online, i have been using the sns stuff and i think its working good too , not seen any gnats, and some clones i got a while back were infectd w/mites and that was dealt with promptly i use the systemic sns drench and have not seen any other critters, so thats my 2 cents

yes friend i have thought about it, but for all the unsociable reasons you have stated it isnt suitable for my grow lifestyle.

my grow is an open room that i live and work IN and have pets and kids wandering by and sometimes berathing the air.

its on my list to try tho when i start growing away from the home ;)

right now im sticking with h202 and testing it to destruction with my way of life, i think it will fit.

never happening.
a miracle is just an event that we attatch personal significance to.

winning the lottery for example, is both a miracle and a statistical garuntee...someone has to win.

i adore the miracle of my kids, that magical formation of a unique personality that is impressed upon my mind and animalistic behaviour for life....but that still doesnt give it any more import that evolution and the need to procreate. if we as a species wasnt set to this average level of love for our offspring our numbers would be much fewer. it can all be explained away with organic chemistry.
and an appreciation that the mind is unique and one of a kind is an appreciation of our species itself, not that something out there had to make it happen...the truth is better than the fiction, its just harder to bear the finality of it.

no one is coming to save our species, we are on our own.

I totally respect your position... still gonna "waste" 'em on ya :cheesygrinsmiley:

PS I guess I am having an old fart moment and thought I was posting in BIDs journal. Sorry GiG

Back
Top Bottom