GiGaBaNE's 4th - HydroGanics 600w HiD + Flouro

thanks. that gognats does look interesting. i like the fact it can be used as an area spray too. its a repellent or a killer? the bottle and description seemed to avoid answering, lol.
It's a nonpoisonous control. It's made from cedar oil and sodium lauryl sulfate. I noticed what seems like shards that look alittle like fiberglass that coat the top of the water. It could be the way the oil reacts to colder water too. But I use up 2 to 3 mills per gallon and drench my soil twice and that seems to take care of 95% of them. GL and Keepem Green

I think thats one long ass comute to work there Fish Cake. I guess you'll just have to live on site till the weekends JK Keepem Green

It's a nonpoisonous control. It's made from cedar oil and sodium lauryl sulfate. I noticed what seems like shards that look alittle like fiberglass that coat the top of the water. It could be the way the oil reacts to colder water too. But I use up 2 to 3 mills per gallon and drench my soil twice and that seems to take care of 95% of them. GL and Keepem Green
it sounds fantastic apart from one small detail.

where do you stand on the health issues of sodium lauryl sulfate. i have no idea if any is absorbed into the plant but if it is..there could be health concerns ;)

hi guys. i will get round to that materials write up i promised.

i just wanted to show you guys that im almost ready to take it up a notch.

finally!!! ive done a lot of talking up of BPN products and ive finally put my money where my mouth is and had some shipped to me.
my next grow will be dedicated to these products and im hoping that i get some amazing results and that it will convince other british growers that its worth the transport costs...if enough of us start to purchase them WE can change the market and get UK hydro stores buying it by the pallet load and distributing it. the costs come down a little and some of the money stays in the uk market as well as helping BPN establish as a world player.

also i got a great deal on h202. a dozen bottles of 9% (200ml) for under £12...local co op chemists =D

GEDC001417.JPG

Do i need anything else? :rofl:

what was the cost including shipping of the bpn line? if u dont mind me asking mate? im really concerned about customs. ive had to get my MOTM prizes sent to a different address under a false ID but i cant do that if im paying through paypal or bank card.

I know u are trying to diy ur system but think a 24 pot iws flood and drain system would be good for the size of ur room. ran under 4 600w hps or 2 1000w on light rails. u could use some money from this grow to invest in parts. i actually have a 24 pot system u could use?

u could start ur seeds in jiffy pellets or rockwool 1" cubes then transplant into perlite or claypebbles. u could use perlite in airpots if u pack it tight. My only gripe with perlite is that the pots are so light i tend to knock them over often and itts messy.

ok i basically got bpns 3 part elite system...but. i didnt get the micorizzah stuff and all of my bottles are a quart (1 litre)
so i have the 3 part, vita blue,liquid seaweed and two types of bloom booster and the lot was just shy of £100 including delivery.
i know that you could get at least a 10% discount on the products themselves using a 420 discount code or something, i didnt bother, i didnt want a discount...the mans gotta eat. its a real shame. his products are cheap as chips, its just the fukn transport.

at some point tho im gonna work out how much to have a full pallet worth shipped by the most economy method possible.

Ive had great success at germinating in solo cups of pure perlite so i should be fine from that perspective. lol my pots stick to my waterproofing material because of the heat of the light so that will add some traction...and finally if i do install a drip style system. it may be entirely possible for me to set the grow so i plant the seed and then do not need to touch the plants at all till harvest..if im lucky, lol.

and yes i totally agree with you on upgrading my gimpy diy to pro gear. im only playing at diy because im brassic. apart from a little percy and some pocket change...almost the entire crop will be reinvested back into the grow gear...my last grow of just 10 plants is what paid for my light and the 43 plants im currently running. im trying to grow exponentially. its just these gnats hit me for 6. i should have had some bud already by now =/

my one saving grace is that ive fallen in love with this bella afrodita and my next grow is going to be around 72 of them under 2 cool tube lights on these tables. if i can pull that off in 10 weeks, then im definatly on my way to being established..thankfully i have no bottleneck on output capability. not for just this one house anyway ;)

Looking great over here GiGa. Keep up the good work. You will love the BPN!

hey boys and girls =)

i know i should really do a propper update, but to be honest things have been hectic, going away for the week at stupid oclock in the morning tommorow. building water tables and all the problems and volume of plants, lol im probably as lost as you lot.

so for now im just going to post all the pictures i have managed to accumilate and let them tell a story for themselves.

a lot of it is just about me removing all the dead crap from the plant and the soil tops.

but check out the bella in the middle of the table...only 30 odd days old and flowering already =D
photos are in time order (i hope)

today i watered them with 3 bottles of 200ml 9% h2o2 to 35 litrs of water and PH to 6.1 hopefully that should really abuse the gnat larvae and not hurt the plants too badly. tommorow morning before i set off i will be feeding them a BPN feed at half strength to replenish the rather used up and flushed away soil, lol. that hopefully I will see massive changes when i get back.

GEDC001418.JPG
GEDC001615.JPG
GEDC001714.JPG
GEDC001813.JPG
GEDC001913.JPG
GEDC00209.JPG
GEDC002215.JPG
GEDC002310.JPG
GEDC00256.JPG
GEDC00267.JPG
GEDC002710.JPG
GEDC002813.JPG
GEDC00297.JPG
GEDC00308.JPG
GEDC00324.JPG
GEDC00335.JPG
GEDC00344.JPG
GEDC00366.JPG
GEDC00388.JPG
GEDC00417.JPG
GEDC00425.JPG
GEDC00433.JPG
GEDC00442.JPG
GEDC00454.JPG

the last pictures taken today are after i watered with the h2o2. will photo them again in a few hours to see any affects at my current strength of h202....but the theory of 4 parts water to 1 part 3% is looking more and more like a reality and less like it will kill all my plants in a single day ;)

edit that 1-4 ratio equates to 11.5 of my bottles to 35 litres. and im on 3 today...lets see what things look like after i get back from my trip.

haha sorry for the wait...i do try to keep you entertained tho with my lousy DIY skills :rofl:

thanks for the compliments. its very hard work seeing all the little malfunctions on my plants and NOT doing anything about it. not a lot i can do to fix deficiencies when i dont know if it even has any and its all gnats. still i must be just about getting it right, they are all standing tall and they reach for the sky when the sun comes out ;)

Looks like you have a good plan in place. Have a safe trip GiGa. :)

Sorry to hear ya still got them little buggers. Sodium lauryl sulfate, now from what I've researched it's pretty harmless, hell it's even in toothpaste. The label even says it's a alternative to poison. But there are alot of things we use on plants that could be harmful if they didn't dissipate by harvests. Such as some sprays. I mean we have to do what we must to harvest. As long as it's not going to kill ya. I love to stay as natural as posibale, but I'm not below having to break out the big guns if needed to fix the problem.
I do see a picture perfect pic you have of what looks like nitrogen deficiency. The one yellowing from bottom up. To me it reeks of it. But then I'm dealing with alot of problems myself due to temp's. Temps alter uptake levels in your plants and can trigger a deficiency. Hope you get rid of them buggers. Afew gnats won't hurt anything except being a nuisance. And them buggers love them open holes to pop in and out of. Rep's at ya ++ GL and hope you get the bugs dialed out of your grows soon. Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom