GiGaBaNE's 4th - HydroGanics 600w HiD + Flouro

this is me right now doin carpentry in a 27celcius room. hot dry and cramped, lol.
That'll kill off any remnants of that flu you had :rofl:

Excellent work Gig. + Reps if I can

thanks =)

yeah table is almost done now...its not perfect by any means... technically the 4' sheet is the only purchased bit of wood, everything else is scraps, so got loads of little size variations and gaps and slight misalignes....but it will function at 100% even if it wont win any awards.

im almost done now. i just have to silicone all the gaps and my 'drain lines', wait for that to dry and then paint it =D
if im really lucky with drying times, my plants may be on the table before lights off tonight.

im taking plenty of pictures and i will cover the flaws with my materials in detail so the next guy to DIY knows what NOT to use or do, lol.

ok guys managed to get my table finished last night before me and the plants passed out, lol.

here is the pictures i collected on the way. i will add a few more pictures later of the materials i used and a break down of which ones are good and which are not suitable, along with a brief talk about the right ways to join them (which i did not have the option to use for myself at this time)

GEDC001016.JPG
GEDC001116.JPG
GEDC000111.JPG
GEDC000213.JPG
GEDC000314.JPG
GEDC000516.JPG
GEDC000614.JPG
GEDC000715.JPG
GEDC000818.JPG

my silicon 'tracks' did not survive the painting proccess =( within a few mins of the brush hitting the tar paint it went really stiff and just scratched the silicon off...i will think of a better method for my next version of the table.

lmao you can see my bigfoot impression. i stood on the table to raise my light and as you can see the tar isnt quite dry, but stuff it. its dry enough so on the plants went :rofl:

sorry guys, just for my own memory ;)

2 tables at 36 plants each = 72 plants
half a litre a day per plant = 36 litres
36 litres per day for 7 days = minimum rez 252 litres
2 week turn around = just over 500 litres!

am i right in thinking that will weigh half a metric ton?

Yep, near as damn it; 1l of plain water = 1kg. It will weigh slightly more because you'll have added nutes but it will pretty much be 500kg.

Nice table mate, good bit of DIY. If the silicon runs have gone with the painting you could always re-add them on top of the tar paint

yeah ill probaly re do the silicon but after i have swapped to rockwool. air pots would cut it. not even sure this rubber is up to the task vs airpot sharpness. i may dip the bottoms of the airpots in the tar to give them a rubber foot, lol

flood and drain has been reccomended as a more efficient manner of watering and requires a smaller rez....but im wondering if i can hybrid the 2 systems. using a drip infrastructure i may be able to 'flood' my rockwool cubes and then turn the water off untill the rockwool is in danger of drying out a bit, then turn the water back on, ad infinitum.

if i could wet the wool with say just 200ml of water and then leave it all day...there is almost no waste in a drain to waste system, lol

ill have a think on it. ill be honest my main reason for choosing rockwool is lazy factor.
with no pot or reusable medium to think about come harvest day its chop the stem and bin the block (incineration).

bear in mind despite everyones best advice to the contrary, still a seed guy. so i think rockwool is a little bit more practical for me than for a cloner?

i wont deny that my entire design is leading towards spending as little effort on the grow as possible. i just want to drop a seed into something, water it with as little effort as possible and then harvest with minimal work. the lazier i can make my grow, the more i can grow without helpers. especially as my helpers would cost me around £100 a day.

I'll do it for 75:)

ass gas or grass I aint workin for free:) but it would be supplemental income and I could do with a job that isnt a job:)

Back
Top Bottom