Goldbud's Ebb and Flow White Russian - 2011

Back again. I corrected the color in the photo to show what the plants look like under natural light.

IMG_19865.JPG

By George, I think you've got it!

They look great. The fan leaves look perfect. There's no dicoloration or heat/light burn. At some point you might want to trim some of the larger fan leaves to get more light to the flowering sites below.

What light cycle are you on at this point?

Keep up the good work!

Hey GoldBud welcome to 420, love the setup everything looks clean, very organised and simple, i take it this isnt your first run on this setup?

Its so good having sponsors like Blue Planet, he offers once in a life time deal "free nutrients" for a journal, not only does this mean you get free nutrients but it means 420 gets a new member to share there experience and knowledge.

+ Reps for luck and already a excellent start!

The plants are now 33-34 days old, and they had a busy week.

At 28-29 days, I topped the plants. At 30-31 days, I pruned the limbs on the bottom two nodes. At 31-32 days, I emptied my reservoir to refill with fresh juice. I refilled the reservoir with 35 gallons of RO water, and mixed up the tank with 10 mL each of BPN Grow, Micro, and Bloom. After correcting the pH to 5.5, the nutrient strength was 850 ppm. I only kept them at this strength for nine flood cycles, and turned them over to flower last night.

I topped off the res, and added 10 mL each of Grow, Micro, and Bloom to bring the solution back to 850 ppm. Then, I added 5 mL per gallon of Bloom, to bring the nutrient strength to 10, 10, 15 ml/gallon each of Grow, Micro, and Bloom. I also added .5 mL/L of BPN's Liquid Blue Bloom Booster 2-4-10. This worked out to about 65 mL. After correcting the pH to 5.7, the nutrient strength was 968 ppm.

The pics below are from last night, after I turned on the second (flowering) circuit on the LED lamps. There is a lot more red light, so I apologize for the color. I'll try to rig up some white light for the next round of pics so everybody can get a better feel for the color, but right now they are a dark, lush green.

Now the real fun begins...
IMG_19805.JPG

IMG_19824.JPG

IMG_19847.JPG

How do u like that ebb & gro ? do u have to fill the res completely full of water? I Live in an apt, but i own the building, and im concerned about having so much water in the res, is the res stable? have u ever had any problems with flooding with the EBB & GRO ?

wow looking awesome. great growth and super healthy. thats what i love to see. i will def be watching u grow this one out. stop by and check out my current grow also, it is gonna be a nice one. :goodjob:

How do u like that ebb & gro ? do u have to fill the res completely full of water? I Live in an apt, but i own the building, and im concerned about having so much water in the res, is the res stable? have u ever had any problems with flooding with the EBB & GRO ?

The larger the reservoir is, the easier it is to maintain proper pH, nutrient balance etc. Like anything involving circulating liquid, care and maintenance are key. Testing it outside before you do your installation is also a good idea.

Thanks for the love everyone.

Dean, I switched to 12:12 two days ago. Good call on the res volume, too. I'll be boosting the volume of my res as the plants get larger.

420farmer, I vegged for 32-33 days from seed. That's counting from the time they germinated.

GodSpeed, thanks for the welcome. This is my second grow with the Ebb 'n Grow, but my first with Blue Planet Nutrients and the Advanced LED. Thanks for the good karma.

CoolJay, I like the system. It's pretty simple (not a lot to go wrong) and allows me to get the most of my grow space by not having a res in my grow tent. I have had no problems with leaks. The solution is pumped up and out of the res through tubes running through the lid. The res has no holes in it. It's not necessary to fill the res entirely. It is a 55 gallon drum, so that's a lot of juice. Currently, I have mine filled to 35 gallons, and I will increase the amount I fill it as the plants grow. I will probably up it to 40 gal. this upcoming weekend.

dj, thanks and I'll check it out.

Hi Goldbud your young ladies look fabulous. Can't wait to see your forest grow. I did a couple of cycles of Ebb 'n Glow and loved it...somehow convinced myself to try soil(less) and haven't had near the results. It's time to go back.

I'm anxious to see your results with the LED's, and the Blue Planet Nutes. I had never heard of them, I'll have to check them out.

I'll be watching.

Time for the weekly update...

The plants are 7 days into flowering and doing great.

At 3 days into flowering, I did some selective topping on some of the taller plants to level out the canopy.

At 6 days, I emptied my res and flushed with water for 4 floods. After that, I emptied the res and refilled to 40 gallons. I mixed up the nutes with 12 mL Grow, 8 mL Micro, and 15 mL Bloom each per gallon. I also added 5 mL/gallon of Liquid Blue Bloom Booster. After correcting the pH to 5.6, the nutrient strength was 990 ppm.

Tonight, I did a pretty substantial pruning job. I removed a bunch of the lower growth in an effort to reduce the amount of popcorn nugs I have later and increasing airflow. I also trimmed some of the fan leaves that block the tops of the neighboring stems.

Here are some before and after shots:

Before...
IMG_19953.JPG

IMG_19966.JPG

And After...
IMG_20013.JPG

IMG_19996.JPG

looking real good brother, cant wait to see them flowering. always a good feeling. i just started mine in flowering less than a week ago, tune in. im subbed for sure =):goodjob:

Saw your journal linked in the Member of the Month contest, and had to check it out. Damn glad I did, this is a very nice looking grow. Clean, organized, and very well run. Clearly not your first time down this road, I'd guess. Subscribed, can't wait to see how this goes!

Thanks for all the support guys.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Glad to have you, dj and fncg. The more the merrier.

Dean47- I will work on getting some more pics up in the next day or so. Right now, they are just starting to put out alternate leafgrowth (as opposed to opposite). So it is just starting to shows signs of flowering.

Back
Top Bottom