Gov's PlatinumLED Adventure With DocBud's High Brix Kit

Ok, put away the rakes and torches...lol

Here are a couple pictures of my little hempy comparison grow sprout. She's doing fine. It's just a part of my anxiety in the first two weeks or so.

8bk_1.JPG
8bk_2.JPG
8bk_3.JPG

:cool:

Aw!! beautiful! Just crazy that little thing can grow into a huge 4 ft plant one day if your letting it get that tall =P

Hey xbones. Take a look at the 8bk grow link in my sig. I'm growing this one plant to compare the results of individual plants in that grow where I used the TopLED Mars II 700, to this PlatinumLED P300 :: Platinum Grow Lights. So, that means at least a 6 week veg timeframe and I'm starting that time this weekend (~10 days from germination) as this little plant has seemed to have progressed past the seedling stage. I'll toss a pic in the morning. She's responded pretty well to the lower pH and mild nutrients the last 2 days.

I will pop the rest of the seeds next weekend, or at least start the process as my High Brix soil will be ready then too. I got a few smaller saucers this afternoon to accommodate the 1 gal smart pots I'll be using once I get some sprouts.

I can feel my energy building. This will be a fun challenge for Mr. Lazy...Multiple strains, 2 different mediums, 2 feeding regimens that are the antithesis of each other,. In my mind, it all plays out pretty simply though, and this IS my hobby so I'm looking forward to it.

:cool:

You sound like a motivated lazy man gov, lol

Looking great Governmentchz.

I still watered with a dropper over the weekend and upon checking the medium I saw the vermiculite was retaining the moisture as intended. I will give it a couple days and likely start the standard feeding regimen later this week. I will also be soaking some beans around the same time for the High Brix portion of this grow. :)

Hey all. It's time for a quick update. My little 8bk is starting to feel the love and pushing out her 3rd set. I've kept the light at 18" on the 99w veg setting and will put the other beans to soak tonight!

The waiting is one of the toughest things for me (along with the first 2 weeks of their lives), but I should have this hempy 8bk and her three High Brix friends all partying together in a few days...anticipation.

8bk1_9_24_14.JPG
8bk_9_24_14.JPG

:peace::cool:

Glad I arrived just in time for the action, the little one is looking great!

I've got all my gear arriving a few pieces a time, waiting on my mars 1200w and filter to get here monday. Im very interested in seeing how the platinum leds stack up against the mars in the same setting, but not really for the reasons that most people are =p
I genuinely think that we're going to end up see the best results from mixing a few products together.
As more guys try things out, and get different tech in their sticky,hashy, little hands we'll see people who have growing using only product A, switching to product B, because they liked the results. Mean while, you'll get a mad scientist/accidental genius that decides to use product A and B together, playing upon their strengths to get something that No one using product A or B has ever been able to produce.

All that aside, I've read all your journals so far Gov and I'm pulling up a chair for this one for SURE!

Thanks guys and welcome jinn. I've got the other beans on the soak right now, and the 8bk is looking good. I'll snag a couple pics tomorrow morning of what's going on.

:welcome:

O.K., it's UPDATE time!

First, let me say this little 8bk is just rocking right along. She really digs the light and sways right to it every time I rotate the pot which I've been doing 2-3 times a day. Tomorrow will be her first real feeding and I will water/feed in the 350ppm range this time. I lowered the light 2 more inches and it's sitting at 15" for the 8bk and will be approximately 18" from the new HiBrix sprouts that should be poking their heads out any day!

Yep, all three beans cracked and I decided to stick the Rapid Rooter plugs intended for them into my ready HiBrix soil a couple days ago. lol, I guess it's my way of acclimating the seeds to their new environment straight away. I also sprinkled a very small amount of Roots! powder into the seed hole before placing the seed into it. I then sprinkled some HiBrix soil into the hole on top of the seed and placed them into the little incubator. A couple spritzes of RO water onto each plug, and a couple more sprays into the open unused spaces, replace the lid and I put it into the cabinet with the 8bk. As soon as I see a sprout, I'll put the plugs into the 1 gal smart pots.

Here are a few pics of my day's activities:

8bk, about 2 weeks from seed...
8bk_9_27_14.JPG

I had fluffed three rapid rooters in here a couple days ago. Maybe not enough time to make a difference, but I figured it couldn't hurt.
30_gal_of_HB_goodness.JPG

Here is the delivery room area
delivery_room.JPG

...and the nursery
Nursery21.JPG

Nursery11.JPG

Here is the configuration I'll have them once potted in their 1 gal smarties
Assigned_seats3.JPG

FINALLY...I am so excited to have this 8bk doing so well under my PlatinumLED P300 :: Platinum Grow Lights, and I am extremely excited to get my first HiBrix grow formally underway.

Cheers everyone...and peace. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom