Gov's PlatinumLED Adventure With DocBud's High Brix Kit

Thanks guys, and welcome Away. Once this thing gets kickin' it should be fun. I'll even grab a picture or two tonight to show the slow progression from seed, but she's still growing. ;)

The suspense!!

Curious what distance you're running the panel? Assuming veg only spectrum?

Interesting you should ask as I haven't mentioned that yet. I've never run just a veg spectrum and in my first hempy grow I had planned on using the T5 panel for veg, but never did.

I'm running it on veg setting only and have it set to 18" right now. I didn't want to go much lower as in a couple weeks I'll have a few more in there and will need a larger footprint for them, but I'm still thinking I should lower it a bit more. The 8bk is healthy and looks strong and I'm still amazed temps in there are stable at 79f.

I've also started transitioning to some actual food for her too, so we should see a bit more next few days.

:peace:

Interesting you should ask as I haven't mentioned that yet. I've never run just a veg spectrum and in my first hempy grow I had planned on using the T5 panel for veg, but never did.

I'm running it on veg setting only and have it set to 18" right now. I didn't want to go much lower as in a couple weeks I'll have a few more in there and will need a larger footprint for them, but I'm still thinking I should lower it a bit more. The 8bk is healthy and looks strong and I'm still amazed temps in there are stable at 79f.

I've also started transitioning to some actual food for her too, so we should see a bit more next few days.

:peace:

You're not gonna feed that little seedling are you? I sure hope not....

Not really Doc. My RO water checks in at 3 ppm and it's been a solid 10 days. In the past at about 10-14 days I've started some mild food at about 40-50 ppm, but I'll nix that if you think it a bad idea. My primary concern was the elevated pH. My water comes in at ~8.8 pH and I didn't want to go too long before pH balancing the water.

Not really Doc. My RO water checks in at 3 ppm and it's been a solid 10 days. In the past at about 10-14 days I've started some mild food at about 40-50 ppm, but I'll nix that if you think it a bad idea. My primary concern was the elevated pH. My water comes in at ~8.8 pH and I didn't want to go too long before pH balancing the water.

Great Googly Moogly! You're going down the pH rathole! Noooooooo! Only the rake can save you if you go that way. (read first set of instructions on "In the Lab." if you want to learn about the rake.

PPM's? Screw THAT!!!!

1. The soil is 6.4 Nothing is going to change that. I don't give a rip about the pH of your water. It's 3ppm....ph is meaningless. MEANINGLESS!!!

2. We don't feed our plants, we feed the soil. That little seedling hasn't even sent roots to the edges of the pot yet. There's lot's of soil in that pot....loaded with food.

3. We don't measure "feed" by PPM. We use 1/2-1 oz of drench per 30 sq ft of area. IE, one 8x4 tray with six large plants would get an ounce of whatever drench evenly distributed. It's for the soil...not the plant.

Please go back and read the directions. I want you to be successful but you're scaring me with the pH/PPM talk. High Brix (and all organic soil grows) do not need to be pH'd. There is no need to check pH. It's a really, really bad idea to adjust/balance the water.

Don't do it! (Get the rake, get the pliers....)

:winkyface:

LMAO...There is no way I would even consider doing any of that wicked pH stuff with your kit Doc. My kit soil is still cooking (<2wks left) and I intend to use that for the other three I plan on popping then. Until then, I had the space available and wanted to run a comparison between this P300 and the results I got in my hempy with the Mars II late last year. She's currently on a perlite island in her little plug of reformed peat (rapid rooter), so I wanted to keep her from committing suicide.

We're good. Tell the boys to relax and put the rakes away :peace:

:smokin: I have my moments, but one of the things that REALLY appealed to me with the kit (aside from the premium quality cannabis it produces) was the fact I didn't need 3/4 of my grow gear.

Remember, I'm lazy.

LMAO...There is no way I would even consider doing any of that wicked pH stuff with your kit Doc. My kit soil is still cooking (<2wks left) and I intend to use that for the other three I plan on popping then. Until then, I had the space available and wanted to run a comparison between this P300 and the results I got in my hempy with the Mars II late last year. She's currently on a perlite island in her little plug of reformed peat (rapid rooter), so I wanted to keep her from committing suicide.

We're good. Tell the boys to relax and put the rakes away :peace:

:ganjamon::high-five::cheer::thanks::goodjob::green_heart:

Good to hear!

Ok, put away the rakes and torches...lol

Here are a couple pictures of my little hempy comparison grow sprout. She's doing fine. It's just a part of my anxiety in the first two weeks or so.

8bk_1.JPG
8bk_2.JPG
8bk_3.JPG

:cool:

Hey Governmentchz, as I said in Curso's journal I have a P300 arriving tomorrow, I scanned through your journal but could not find it, sorry if I Missed, what is size of that cabinet you got p300 in, looks about 2'X3'?

Edit: forgot to add, you will like Vanilla Kush I grown a clone a few times and nice fat buds.

You're close. It's actual footprint is 2.5'x 3.5' and handles 2 "typical" sized plants pretty easily.

Bud-Buddy-Grow-Box.jpg

Looking forward to the vanilla kush High Brix style. All of the VK grows I've seen have been hydro or soilless and people have been happy. Accordingly, it's my intention to see how good it can be at its best...or in that direction anyway.

peace :cool:

Back
Top Bottom