Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Hello growers. It' Sunday, a time for miracles.

A few days back when I floated my theory about the yellowing leaves on my GOG clones (I suspected compacted soil), @InTheShed led me here, where @Derbybud describes his root coring technique.

Though I thought it was too late to address the compaction issue, I couldn't pass on the chance at such a simple solution. So I took my old-school, dual pronged PH probe and poked 8 holes around the perimeter of each plant. I poked about 6 inches deep for each hole.

After getting watered one time after this was done I believe I'm starting to see green return to those leaves that aren't already too far gone!

I hope you can see it in this pic.

GOG clones 10-10-21.JPG

Even if you can't tell see it, trust me it's happening! :ganjamon:

Next up, the parting of the Red Sea.

Peace.

Even if you can't tell see it, trust me it's happening!
I can see it - they look quite a bit better than they did on Thursday!
I use a knitting needle for the coring thing..I used to call it "aerating" the soil
I did it regularly when I was growing in Black Magic (cheap soil), but it doesn't seem like promix needs it very often, if at all...it seems pretty "airy"

I can see it - they look quite a bit better than they did on Thursday!
I use a knitting needle for the coring thing..I used to call it "aerating" the soil
I did it regularly when I was growing in Black Magic (cheap soil), but it doesn't seem like promix needs it very often, if at all...it seems pretty "airy"
Thanks @Carcass. Trying to catch up! :Rasta:

Hello growers.

One of the GOG clones has the 420 bud - or at least close to it.
IMG_3445.JPG

GOG bud 10-12-21.JPG

Peace.

Your's does look very much the same as the advert. Funny, the WSE GOG I grew last grow had a lot purple amongst the buds.
I'd be happy to have that pheno too!

Hello growers.

I've got a quick update on the Freebie + 1 grow on day 37.

Relatively speaking, not much has changed:

The Fast Banana maintains her runt status. She appears that she'd be okay just finishing in that 1 gallon pot.

The Original Glue continues to flourish with only the Lush soil.

The Alien Rock Candy continues to push out strange looking "alien-like" leaves while getting much larger than her tent mates. The vendor's write-up of this strain states: "This is a robust, hungry plant and one which will require a longer vegetative growth period to compensate for its lack of stretch during its flowering phase." Well, there certainly is no "lack of stretch" during the veg phase.

The THC Bomb is doing well. I got her CarcassStick® training started about 3 days ago.

Finally, the clone remains in the solo cup, now requiring water every day.
Freebie + 1 Grow 10-14-21 Day37 labels.jpg

In the 4x4 tent the GOG clones continue to pack weight on, and lots of it! Both of the plants are serious leaners. However, in a classic lazy-man move I found that if you crisscross the main colas they'll lean into (and support) each other.
GOG clones 10-14-21.jpg

No time to get down to the 5x5 this day. I have a 10:30 appointment to make and the lights will be out by the time I get back. Maybe tomorrow.

That's all I got for now.

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Hello growers.

I've got a quick update on the Freebie + 1 grow on day 37.

Relatively speaking, not much has changed:

The Fast Banana maintains her runt status. She appears that she'd be okay just finishing in that 1 gallon pot.

The Original Glue continues to flourish with only the Lush soil.

The Alien Rock Candy continues to push out strange looking "alien-like" leaves while getting much larger than her tent mates. The vendor's write-up of this strain states: "This is a robust, hungry plant and one which will require a longer vegetative growth period to compensate for its lack of stretch during its flowering phase." Well, there certainly is no "lack of stretch" during the veg phase.

The THC Bomb is doing well. I got her CarcassStick® training started about 3 days ago.

Finally, the clone remains in the solo cup, now requiring water every day.
Freebie + 1 Grow 10-14-21 Day37 labels.jpg

In the 4x4 tent the GOG clones continue to pack weight on, and lots of it! Both of the plants are serious leaners. However, in a classic lazy-man move I found that if you crisscross the main colas they'll lean into (and support) each other.
GOG clones 10-14-21.jpg

No time to get down to the 5x5 this day. I have a 10:30 appointment to make and the lights will be out by the time I get back. Maybe tomorrow.

That's all I got for now.

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.
Looking good. How long are you letting the freebies veg for?

Looking good. How long are you letting the freebies veg for?
Thanks, @stinker.

There is no short answer to that question. Well, really there is: I don't know.

A lot depends on how long I can keep them in the 2x2 and whether I'll be able to up-pot at least a few of them while they're still in there. I had planned to move them into the 5x5 tent when the Fast bunch finishes. But I've declared the 5x5 off-limits for now. It seems that the spider mites have built a hostel somewhere in my basement where they lay in wait until my plants begin to flower and then come out and have a friggin' party. My efforts to eradicate them have been a miserable failure, so I'm ready to call in some pros to deal with my basement.

So when I get the GOG clones out of my 4x4 the Freebies will go in there.

I'm guessing at least another 2 weeks for the GOGs, but that's only a guess. (My guesses usually are not even close.)

I can say I'd like to have the Freebies up-potted, settled in and ready to flip around day 63 (nine weeks). But with the elimination of the 5x5 tent as a placement option that might not be possible.

We'll see! :Rasta:

Hello growers.

I hate to say it, but the disaster I saw developing with the Fast bunch in the 5x5 tent has come to fruition. Looking at my Fast Bubblegums through the loupe this morning made me nauseous. Little monster bugs were crawling all over both of them. When this happens I always feel like the plants are begging to be killed, just for relief. So that's what I did on their day 75.

No fanfare. No obit pics. The branches were cut from the plants and dunked directly into my wash solution. They were not going to be big yielders anyway, and I can't stand to watch them suffer.

BB#1
Fast Bubblegum#1 10-15-21 end Day75.jpg

BB#2
Fast Bubblegum#2 end 10-15-21 Day75.jpg

I didn't weigh them but from eyeballing them I think I might get a combined 3 ozs.

Of the two remaining Fast ones, the Critical Poison looks worse than the BBs. I'm strongly considering just throwing it in the trash.

But amazingly, the mites have steered clear of the Fast Bruce Banner. Haven't touched it! I have no idea why, but I'm going to let her keep going.

The CB clone needs to come down too. I've had my fill of takedowns today, however. I'll get to her tomorrow or may do some parts tonight and the rest tomorrow.

I'm patting myself on the back because I did not curse in the post!

I must be getting used to these mites fucking my shit up. (Oops :straightface: )

Peace.

Hello growers.

I hate to say it, but the disaster I saw developing with the Fast bunch in the 5x5 tent has come to fruition. Looking at my Fast Bubblegums through the loupe this morning made me nauseous. Little monster bugs were crawling all over both of them. When this happens I always feel like the plants are begging to be killed, just for relief. So that's what I did on their day 75.

No fanfare. No obit pics. The branches were cut from the plants and dunked directly into my wash solution. They were not going to be big yielders anyway, and I can't stand to watch them suffer.

BB#1
Fast Bubblegum#1 10-15-21 end Day75.jpg

BB#2
Fast Bubblegum#2 end 10-15-21 Day75.jpg

I didn't weigh them but from eyeballing them I think I might get a combined 3 ozs.

Of the two remaining Fast ones, the Critical Poison looks worse than the BBs. I'm strongly considering just throwing it in the trash.

But amazingly, the mites have steered clear of the Fast Bruce Banner. Haven't touched it! I have no idea why, but I'm going to let her keep going.

The CB clone needs to come down too. I've had my fill of takedowns today, however. I'll get to her tomorrow or may do some parts tonight and the rest tomorrow.

I'm patting myself on the back because I did not curse in the post!

I must be getting used to these mites fucking my shit up. (Oops :straightface: )

Peace.
You guys cut it out with the Sad Face emojis. It's only a blip on the grow spectrum. (And it won't be the last one.) :ganjamon:

It's not a permanent sad face, we're just feeling bad for you and those plants.
And I should be (and am) grateful that you care.

Thank you all.

You guys cut it out with the Sad Face emojis.
What we really need is a "Well, Shit!" emoji...
Well.jpg
poopy.png

Calling in the pros sounds like the right move...hopefully, you can find a "cool" pro, so you don't have to temporarily relocate everything while they work their magic....

What we really need is a "Well, Shit!" emoji...
Well.jpg
poopy.png

Calling in the pros sounds like the right move...hopefully, you can find a "cool" pro, so you don't have to temporarily relocate everything while they work their magic....
Great idea! Maybe 420 will doo doo it! :)

It's legal to grow here and I hadn't thought of prying eyes, but I probably should.
well-jpg.2429420
poopy-png.2429421

When I started this grow I included SNS209 with every feed (watered in not foliar). but I had these little white gnats seemingly imbedded in my soil. Even when watered with 209 those little suckers would flit around on top of the soil like someone had just refilled their swimming pool. They were going nowhere.
Hey bruh I was wondering if you ever used DE or sand on top of your soil to control the insect problems before they start???

A sloppy, unruly hot mess - for some reason I love this plant! :Rasta:
C Banana clone 10-3-21.JPG
@Grand Daddy Black I had a Arjan Haze that I grew in a converted wardrobe closet when I first started growing (DWC) that got away from me like this and she had a sister in there with her (indica hybrid) that scared me away from growing sativa dom girls til now. But @Carcass gave me hope in taming the sativa indoors. LOL :ganjamon:

Hey bruh I was wondering if you ever used DE or sand on top of your soil to control the insect problems before they start???
Never tried either, @raziel819. What are the benefits?

@Grand Daddy Black I had a Arjan Haze that I grew in a converted wardrobe closet when I first started growing (DWC) that got away from me like this and she had a sister in there with her (indica hybrid) that scared me away from growing sativa dom girls til now. But @Carcass gave me hope in taming the sativa indoors. LOL :ganjamon:
@Carcass could probably train a Redwood tree to grow in his box. :)

Back
Top Bottom