Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Perhaps some SNS mixed and watered in? I think they have a product like that?
I looked but didn't find anything on that. That doesn't mean they don't, I just didn't see it. They do list what other products they sell that are compatible with each other, which is useful if you have many many problems. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Okay, for the anecdote! (Nobody would call what I do "science".) :Rasta:

On the day after Christmas
My true soil gave to me
A squat little Afghan Mass tree!

I took down the Afghan Mass this morning. She was on day 98 and had been a joy to grow. She, along with my Green Crack, were the 2 plants in my basement tent that were least invaded by the spider mites. I saw a few in there, but nothing like what I saw in their tentmates.

She was a chunky girl and weighed in at 398g wet. Smells like bubblegum (what else?).

P1040055.JPG

P1040057.JPG

P1040058.JPG

Peace!

Morning GDB! :ciao: Here is a link for you to with info regarding the SNS control:Get The Best Natural Pesticide from SNS - 217c Spider Mite Control

I had a bad spider mite problem in my tent this summer and Shed helped me control it by using a 9/1 iso spray every three days (9 parts h2O, 1 part isopropyl alcohol). I have used the SNS products before - not for the mites but for a systemic start in my seedlings at the end of the summer and I do believe it helped keep pests away. @Sierra Natural Science has a rep here that might be able to assist. :love:

LOL. I posted before reading the previous page....I hear spider mites and freak out! :straightface:
I hope you get the under control GDB. :meditate:
Thanks for weighing in, Boo! I have the SNS and will be using it.
I get why they make you freak out. They're nasty looking little things, like watching a bad sci-fi flick through my loupe! :lot-o-toke:

Hello growers.

I have a question. (Warning: Some may find this discussion gross.)

The invading spider mite army really concentrated the bulk of its troops on my Onyx plant. Despite my defensive moves they have flourished on her. It's to the point now where they're building webs on the tops everynight, even after being treated with spinosad the previous day. Looking at them through my loupe almost makes me puke. Lots of dead bugs but still plenty of live ones.

She is on day 97 and well into flower.

This morning I thoroughly sprayed her with SNS Spider Mite Control. I sprayed the buds, the leaves, the everything. I'll do it again in about 3 days. (For the anecdote!)

When I do finally take her down, I will give the buds a good wash using a 4-stage washing process (#1 bucket with water and hydrogen peroxide, #2 bucket with water, lemon juice and baking soda, and the last 2 buckets with plain water for the final rinses).

My question is which of you can I send the finished product to for a smoke report? :rofl:

No, seriously, my question is has anyone ever smoked a plant that met with such misfortune. All the dead bugs are really a turn-off to me. I'd feel okay using the plant for edibles due to the decarb, infusion and filtering. That is probably what I'll do unless someone weighs in with a good story about having smoked one.

P1040005.JPG

No, seriously, my question is has anyone ever smoked a plant that met with such misfortune. All the dead bugs are really a turn-off to me. I'd feel okay using the plant for edibles due to the decarb, infusion and filtering. That is probably what I'll do unless someone weighs in with a good story about having smoked one.
As long as the mites are washed off there should be no problem. Many have gone through what you have. Inspect the buds after the wash to make sure they're all gone. The taste is something to be determined. If it's not like your cannabis after a normal dry and cure then you can find something else to do with it.
If it's a turn-off then give it to your friends. ;)

Give it to me I’ll squish it . Mama would fight me for it . She does all the bud washing here said I was too aggressive with them . We had fungus gnats jump in with us it was unbelievable how much she had floating that day . She had to strain it before she did the next top . We smoked with no problem but we use a grinder so if they were still there we never knew it .

I'd say almost every plant I've grown gets dried and smoked with some bugs on them, and the DDAs are loaded with dead aphids even after washing. Then I trim wet which makes it easier to get off most of the leaves with bugs on them.

By the time they're dried and cured all bugs are dead, and if you shake off the branches before you jar them the dead ones will fall off.

And no one seems to care about smoking the few remaining dead bugs. :)

As long as the mites are washed off there should be no problem. Many have gone through what you have. Inspect the buds after the wash to make sure they're all gone. The taste is something to be determined. If it's not like your cannabis after a normal dry and cure then you can find something else to do with it.
If it's a turn-off then give it to your friends. ;)
Give it to my friends? I hope your friends are reading this! :rofl:

I'd say almost every plant I've grown gets dried and smoked with some bugs on them, and the DDAs are loaded with dead aphids even after washing. Then I trim wet which makes it easier to get off most of the leaves with bugs on them.

By the time they're dried and cured all bugs are dead, and if you shake off the branches before you jar them the dead ones will fall off.

And no one seems to care about smoking the few remaining dead bugs. :)
This is a great answer!

I suspected that this could not be the first time I've had bugs on my plants. I believe I've been overlooking them in the past. I noticed this time because there were so many that they couldn't be missed when looking through the loupe.

Since I've already smoked plants with dead bugs I've probably developed dead bug immunity.

Since I've already smoked plants with dead bugs I've probably developed dead bug immunity.

Hey, they were eating nothing but pot before they died, so how bad can they be? ;)

Back
Top Bottom