Grandpa's White Widow - 2nd Grow.NO MISTAKES!

Re: Grandpa's White Widow - 2nd Grow...NO MISTAKES !

Grandpa this is a very good place to buy lights and ballast from Propertyroom.com they have a very good prices on equipment. One of my ballast is from them.:bongrip:

Pan4

Thanxxx Pan...I;m gonna check it out right now. :thanks: Thanxxx everyone for all the input...TorturedSoul, Pitviper420, SouthernOnt, l8tnightskunk...I thank you all for your support and advice. I am going hydro within the next 3 weeks (gonna take that long to get everything together on my budget). And I'm checking out Pan's site suggestion tonight. Oh yea...if I were still in Cali, I would have no problem going to a cop auction to buy seized goods. But on the east coast...bad idea, unless you're just wanting to room with "Big Bubba" for a while.

Thanxxx again yall...have a great weekend ! :rollit:

Re: Grandpa's White Widow - 2nd Grow...NO MISTAKES!

try a 250 watt and use sog what kind of hydro you thinkin about trying?

I spoke (via email) with Daniel from Suncoast Hydroponics and he gave me 2 suggestions: The Waterfarm Single Suncoast Hydroponics

and The PowerGrower - Eco Suncoast Hydroponics. Now both of these are clearly set up to grow only one plant and from what Daniel said, only one will fit inside each grow cab. I had been thinking about going with the DWC Grower's Choice C:\Users\Computer\Documents\Grow Project\2nd Grow\secondary needs\SH Hydroponics, Inc_ DWC Grower's Choice Kit.mht which grows 4 plants and will also fit inside my cab.

Now my question is which would give me the greatest yield ? I am on a time limit as well as a budget. My soon to be ex-wife is moving back to San Diego in June and I am moving back to Redding by the end of July. And I am determined to get at least one nice harvest before I leave. :rollit:

Which do you folks think would be my best bet ? I also found a Sun System Mini HPS 150 Watt Suncoast Hydroponics that is also on the wish list...but the hydro needs must be dealt with first. Suggestions...? :roorrip:

The cab is ready...
05-02-09_018.JPG
tmpphpw4e1Cg.jpg
And the seeds are germinating (3rd day) using the wet paper towel method. Hydro is next. Here we go again...

Nice setup Grandpa.:cool:

I looked at you hydro both look good. I would get the other system thats scalable for if you want to expand.;)

Pan4

So you're saying go with the single units and not the 4 unit system ? I am gonna expand in the future...that's for sure. Daniel from Suncoast Hydroponics wrote me this : "I am thinking the Waterfarm would be your best bet, based on size, since at 9-10" wide at the top of the system, it would fit in your cabinet with the doors closed. These have a 2gal grow bucket (and a 4gal reservoir), so they should most definitely grow large enough to fill your cabinet, especially if you have two in the cabinet. The Waterfarm can grow a couple little plants, but its probably best utilized to grow one big plant." :yummy:

So what I am getting from this is that I could pretty much fill my cab with bud using this unit. But I am on a budget and the DWC costs about the same as the Waterfarm (one growing 4 plants and one growing only 1 plant)...and I want to get the biggest harvest I can prior to moving accross the country and back to Redding in late June.

From what I have read White Widow takes about 55 to 75 days to harvest. How much faster will the hydro create growth ?

And here's another problem...I think. I looked late last night at the 4 seeds in the paper towel and there was no change. I look today right after I woke up and 2 of them have sprouted tap roots right our of the shell casing !
tmpphpdV65LH.jpg

I mean out of the damn shell !
ctmpphp1Hmypu.jpg

So in the FF they went...I felt I had no choice and couldn't afford to wait.
tmpphpGmABWt.jpg

I watered the FF until I saw water running out of the bottom, I let it drain a bit, and then planted the sprouts from hell. They are in the 1st cab, lights and fans are on, and they are sitting on the heating pad.
05-03-09_004.JPG

My worry is if I can go from FF soil to hydro. I had no idea they would sprout so quickly...last time (my 1st time) it took about 10 days or so. So now they are in the starter cups. If I can't go to hydro with these, I can always get the 150W HPS light from Suncoast Hydroponics and grow these in the FF with Grow Big and later Big Bloom. It's the time factor that might get me there.

What do yall think ? I need some suggestions and advice please...I know I can count on yall to get me thru. :rollit:

Hi grandpa well it is tough to transplant from soil to hydro, but it can be done. I'm sure Pan has gone through that and he can suggest things, I personally have always been soil.

I would say to leave them in soil and start how ever many more for your hydro, but if possible start them in rockwool cubes of jiffy's.

Good luck! :popcorn:

If you do intend to switch, be as gentle as possible. Rinse under GENTLY running water, or soak the root mass in a bowl of water and gently agitate it. That allows most of the soil to simply fall away from the roots.

Of course the "lighter" that the soil is, the easier the entire process will be.

Or, if you wait too long, you can always keep your hydro setup boxed up for the move - or wait to build it if creating your own - and grow in FF with the nutrients.

ahhh an other grow. ...kewl.

No mistakes though?? Impossible?

Nice sprouts.

\ooo/

Yep..a second go round dude. And although I was caught off guard, I'm ready to roll with it. And they sprouted like a SOB didn't they ? :peace:

Hi grandpa well it is tough to transplant from soil to hydro, but it can be done. I'm sure Pan has gone through that and he can suggest things, I personally have always been soil.

I would say to leave them in soil and start how ever many more for your hydro, but if possible start them in rockwool cubes of jiffy's.

Good luck! :popcorn:

My thoughts exactly...I wasn't ready for how quickly they sprouted, so these will stay in the FF and the next step for me will be a Metal Halide light. I found some on ebay with reflector and ballast included (175W) for $100.00, and then there's one I am looking at from Suncoast Hydroponics for about $80.00. Either way that's the next step. Or should I get the FF Grow Big next and just stay with the lights I have now ? :roorrip:

If you do intend to switch, be as gentle as possible. Rinse under GENTLY running water, or soak the root mass in a bowl of water and gently agitate it. That allows most of the soil to simply fall away from the roots.

Of course the "lighter" that the soil is, the easier the entire process will be.

Or, if you wait too long, you can always keep your hydro setup boxed up for the move - or wait to build it if creating your own - and grow in FF with the nutrients.

I have thought about using one cab to grow in the FF, and then use clones off those to grow in the other cab using a hydro set up. They should both come to harvest about the same time that way I think. Thoughts anyone ?
And thanxxx for the input...:thanks:

those babys wont stretch since there is no light directly above them will they?...hope not, im on your side gramps......is there anything you can hang directly above them?...I also heard that if the roots get too warm they stretch also...I did some on a heating pad...and they stretched till they fell over...maybe something else I did......good luck brother....i'll be watching...........PEACE.....and......GREEN MOJO to ya man.

either "grower" will work. I have both the waterfarm and powergrower. either can support trees...look in my journal. but they have their own issues.

Thanxxx dude...I'm making your journal tonight's required reading. :rollit:

those babys wont stretch since there is no light directly above them will they?...hope not, im on your side gramps......is there anything you can hang directly above them?...I also heard that if the roots get too warm they stretch also...I did some on a heating pad...and they stretched till they fell over...maybe something else I did......good luck brother....i'll be watching...........PEACE.....and......GREEN MOJO to ya man.

I'm not really sure what you mean by stretch. But I hung the only thing I have over the top of the cups.
may_3_09_018.JPG

As you can see, I had to unplug one of my uprite lights in order to plug the hanging light in. Which I'm sure will drop the temp a bit.
tmpphpuOlCng.jpg

Here was the temp and humidity when I hung the overhead light...
may_3_09_021.JPG

Of course this light is just a temp solution until I can get my actual grow light. And I hope it serves some purpose and will suffice for a short while.:bong:

Thanxxx again brother...:peace:

great looking set up man.......what I mean by "stretch" is...if the light is to high off of them when they pop out of that soil....they will stretch towards the light and have veary small dia. and week stems....with that light you have over them...I would sugest you could keep it as little as 6" above them...and add a little fan to strengthen the stalks...not blowing on them, but just make them sway a tad......good luck and i'll be watching.....PEACE

:popcorn:

from one grandpa to another lol
you can do the whole thing with what you have in the closet right now and you wont be depressed either check out my photo gallery and you can see some of the buds i grew with shoplights they were some of the tightest nugs i've grown goodluck whatever you decide and they will be done before you want to move in july

Looks good Grandpa , hope you'll finish this time ...
good luck

Thanxxx...with all you good folks looking out for my old ass, I have every confidence in the world that this one is gonna do well. :rollit:

great looking set up man.......what I mean by "stretch" is...if the light is to high off of them when they pop out of that soil....they will stretch towards the light and have veary small dia. and week stems....with that light you have over them...I would sugest you could keep it as little as 6" above them...and add a little fan to strengthen the stalks...not blowing on them, but just make them sway a tad......good luck and i'll be watching.....PEACE

:popcorn:

Way cool brother. I will keep that important fact in mind. I'm loking around the house for one of those multi-plug things so I can plug the other light and fan in. Thanxxx for all the positive vibes dude. :peace:

from one grandpa to another lol
you can do the whole thing with what you have in the closet right now and you wont be depressed either check out my photo gallery and you can see some of the buds i grew with shoplights they were some of the tightest nugs i've grown goodluck whatever you decide and they will be done before you want to move in july

It looked sweet. Great grow dude...thanxxx for stopping by.:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom