Newbies First Grow

Re: Newbies 1st grow

She's still doing well and I've applied first tie to train her towards the side of the pot. I didn't get her top below horizontal, but should be able to do that in a few days.

Thanks Bigbuds
I've got plastic coated wire ties and am leaving lots of room around the stem for growth. She's only about 5 inches tall but has lots of branches, so not much stretch. She also smells like citrus, hope these are good signs?

Tightened the string last night to pull her onto her side. She's still not below horizontal but plenty of time. I plan to loop her around the outside of the pot before starting 12/12. She's still on 24/7 and I've been adding low dose nutrients for the last week with spray and adding about a pint of water every 3 days. I don't plan to top or FIM and am looking for about 6 or 8 main bud sites. I reckon that's about all my grow space will allow. Looking for quality above anything else and a couple of ounces is my goal.

20160505_163021.jpg

She's into 3rd week veg now and I expect to continue for another 3 weeks. We'll see how she goes :Namaste:

Thanks GreenFingers, I really appreciate all the great advice offered on this forum. I wouldn't have even considered LST without help from others and have changed my lighting arrangement as well :thanks:

Not much to report. Slowly getting her to grow sideways. I'll post some picks taken a few days ago before I got her on her side. Yesterday morning she was at about horizontal and looking forward to seeing any progress tonight. Hopefully there are a few stalks competing for #1

Ok, I don't know what to do now. She's very bushy and lots of leaves underneath not getting any light now. Do I continue LST or flip to 12/12?
20160510_163017.jpg

20160510_163032.jpg

Thanks for help guy's. I've taken about a dozen fan leaves from her and spread her out under some wire. She looks more like ScrOG than anything now. I reckon about 8 or 9 colas looking healthy. I'll give her some time to grow them up now. Will post picks on Friday.

She's gone ballistic since yesterday's training. Can't wait to post pics. I did nothing to her tonight other than a spray of water. She's got 11 or 12 good colas with maybe more to come.

Back
Top Bottom