Green-o-Matic PC Grow 2010

Hi everybody!! I approached this wonderful world few days ago, when i germinated a seed. I would like to setup a pc growbox like your, Jakal, but I have a few questions:

1) How did you attach CFLs to the case?
2) How was the harvest?

Thank you very much in advance and sorry for my bad english!!

Hi everybody!! I approached this wonderful world few days ago, when i germinated a seed. I would like to setup a pc growbox like your, Jakal, but I have a few questions:

1) How did you attach CFLs to the case?
2) How was the harvest?

Thank you very much in advance and sorry for my bad english!!

ah the lights. that all depends on the case.
I used a power strip and bought some adapters. they plug right into a socket, and you screw the bulb into the adapter.

in my case there was a metal piece running along the top of the case. about 3 inches below the top of the case against the back. so the power strip rests on that, held in place mostly by zip ties and some duct tape.

I have seen that people used hot glue, which i tried but the glue didnt hold long. but i used glue and glue gun from the dollar store. you might have better luck.

the harvest wasnt all that great, i still have some bugs to work out.
heat seems to be an issue, so i need a better way to keep the case cool.
I have 2 120mm fans in the case, one for intake and one exhaust.
but they aren't getting enough power so they dont spin as fast as i need them to.

so, to anyone wanting to start a pc grow case there are a few things i have learned are ESSENTIAL!

1.) get a thermometer!
Each time i opened the case i tried to judge the temp inside with my hand.
it felt fine, but later on in the grow i started having BIG problems which hurt my yield a lot. I am sure it was due to the temps being to high. so get a thermometer!

2.) make sure to keep ALL electrical wires inside the case off the bottom of the case! very important!! These plants will need to be watered. and you WILL have some ammount spill on the bottom of the case at some point. you dont need to set your house on fire. I don't kow how much you know about electronics, but if you have to do some wiring inside the case and you dont know what you're doing, ask a friend who does... please dont just assume you can figure it out. i have had friends who almost burned there house down fooling around with electronics they knew nothing about.

3.) ventilation.
make sure you have good ventilation. not just for the case itself. you want good ventilation going thru the plants. in a pc case this can be difficult. you dont need much, just make sure air is moving thru the foliage well enough.

4.)SECURE THE LIGHTS!
when i first started my grow in the pc case i had the lights fall on my plants a lot, causing some nasty burn. so make sure they are secure so they wont fall on the plants.

I can't think of anything else at the moment.
but if you have any other questions or concerns let me know.

4.)SECURE THE LIGHTS!
when i first started my grow in the pc case i had the lights fall on my plants a lot, causing some nasty burn. so make sure they are secure so they wont fall on the plants.

I can't think of anything else at the moment.
but if you have any other questions or concerns let me know.

Thank you very much for your reply!! Indeed the main issue is securing the lights, and you hit... I don't know anything about electrical wiring, but I found a couple of tutorial. It's nice to experiment and put my hands on something new... back to work!! :)

Congrats on the harvest even if it wasn't as much as you'd like. That's pretty common for a first timer. I'm still of the opinion that pc grows are really more for learning and for fun. It's hard to keep yourself in bud with a single pc case. If you can find a way to make it happen, a closet would produce some really worthwhile buds. I know the way I smoke I'd put down a pc harvest in a week at most. :cool:

Can't wait to see what you come up with for the next one. Let us know how she smokes.

That's a real bummer about the problems you had. I really want to say that temperature might have been your biggest issue. Without a thermometer it is really hard to judge temps, I had a strain that did fine without a thermometer and I judged the temps to be around mid 80, ended up being in the high 90s when I tested with a thermometer. Now I have a strain that will keel over if I go over 90 for too long.

I hope you get something nice on your second grow!

:cool:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom