GreenThumb J's White Widow Clone Run RTF/DWC

Too late my lovely bean hoarder! The only things you can get are Dr. Who seeds and the one to help you sleep! I'm putting my foot down since I'm the only one working now. Once there is a return you can go back to buying lights and MAYBE (MAYBE!!!) another small tent. But all in due time! No need to rush things!

Darling, you know i love you...

I think we are going to pass on the Dr. Who seeds. They are stupidly overpriced for non-feminized seeds, and if we paid that much just to have them all turn out male, i'm not going to be a happy GreenThumb.. Its $116 for only 6 regular seeds.. $190something for a 10pack.. thats a lot of money!

Okay everyone, Greenthumb is back with a little picture update.

be PREPARED to bend your head to the side to see my pics, as i was taking these following photos on my iphone, and forgot how to get them to stay upright in the file that they are saved in

This White Widow is 30 days into flower and is seriousy some of the stickiest looking bud i have ever seen. The trichomes are stacking on top of each other and the buds are just white!

so here's some lovely sideways photos!!

IMG_013733.JPG
IMG_016836.JPG
IMG_016631.JPG
IMG_016232.JPG
IMG_014230.JPG
IMG_015143.JPG
IMG_016529.JPG

Again, i apologize for the sideways, Iphone camera pictures. They turn out better than my digi camera!!

Absolutely gorgeous. We need a picture with a size reference.

The buds are not really all that big like i mentioned to you in my email, but they are dense. Like rock solid right now! I have a feeling tho, the buds will start to fill in and connect to each other in the next 40 days and i will have some big ass colas!.

But, just for you Cap, i will take a couple pictures to show size

for cell phone pictures, CROP at full picture or a detail.
When saved, the orientation is fixed, even though it looks the same.

Works for all android and should work for any other phone that has the problem of looking normal but properties show rotated 90 degrees.

Thanks Rado.

So for my iphone i take the picture
select Edit picture
select crop picture
dont actually crop but just save the "changes"

picture should then be saved as upright?

I tested this on a picture i already took. lets see if it worked

GREAT NEWS

My Uniseals finally showed up today, so now i can finally commence the building of the RDWC and get it all dry fit. I'm contemplating taking the smallest WW clone i have in an AirPot and transplanting it into the 10" net pot with the other WW clone i have in veg and start running this system.

Theres just one problem tho.

I dont have the space for it at the moment!! Once the big WW lady is done flowering in the tent, i will have a 4x8 space to put the RDWC into.

There lies another problem with this RDWC at the moment. I only have 2 600w lights in the tent. 1 600w sits over top the 4x4 flood table. This is adequate to pull in around 1LB for all 4 plants in the tray. I will be happy with that.

The other 600w will sit in between the two RDWC containers.

This is NOT enough for one plant per container.. not for the harvest i want to pull in. My plan is to have a 600w light over each RDWC in the tent, with another 600w sitting over the flood table, or a Capn-style chonger in an Air Pot.

Realistically i would like to have 4x 600w Cooltubes in the tent, with the AC directly inside the Big Tent. but an 8x8 space is too small for that. Plus the electrical load on the breakers would need to be dispersed, which would mean another extension cord coming from my 20a socket in the kitchen to power the other 2 lights.

>>>But, just for you Cap, i will take a couple pictures to show size

It's good to get an idea of really how big they are now, so then near harvest, you can see how much they have swelled up. Then on the next run, if you're using different light or different nutrients or grow style, then you have something to compare.

Either way, they are looking stellar. A good yielder is a great find, and this not only is going to yield well, it's looking frosty as hell. Should be a knock out punch high.

>>>4x 600w Cooltubes in the tent

Gonna look like clark grizwalds house at chirstmas. Can't wait to see that! Even three would be awesome. I love the cool tubes, especially in tents where height is a challenge. You can get colas up closer to the light.

>>>Gonna look like clark grizwalds house at chirstmas

I love the Christmas Vacation reference!! my family is huge fans and we do themed X-mas's every year.. last year was Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation themed!

>>> It's good to get an idea of really how big they are now

Ive been slacking on the pictures.

But i've just walked back to the laptop from looking at the buds with a lighter next to them.. and the buds are small. they aren't worth showing size comparison.

I'm starting to second this plant as a good yield. Its just a ridiculously frosty plant right now.. but its only 31 days into flower, and i'm taking this at least 65+ days..

So the buds could start to connect up with the lower ones and become nice large colas. So far these are like golf ball sized pieces of black matter.. denser than all hell!! thats the only thing i think that will bring this plant a decent yield is ther density of the buds.

>>> Even three would be awesome.

I think i'm only going to run 3 in the tent. 2 lights will be for the RDWC, and the other light will be for the Capn-style plants that Lady GT will have in the tent. a 4th CoolTube i think would be just ridiculous, and i would need to have the AC directly in the tent rather than blowing cold air in its direction in order to keep the temps down.

With the AC in the Tent, the temps wouldn't rise above 20c, but then the grow box suffers not having an AC blowing cold air towards the air intake for it.

Have to pick and choose.. I wouldn't mind selling the grow box to be honest.. I could put a 4x8 tent in its place, and then bank some "robs" afterwards with the left over funds!!

So this evening after transplanting Lady GT's OG kush plants into 2gal pots, then transplanting my Girl Scout Cookies, into 2gal pots, then transplanting a GHSco Great White Shark and a GHSco GWS x GWS into 2gal containers, i realised that i do not have enough space for 7 more 2gal pots plus four or five 4"square pots too. I dont even think that if i had a 2x4 flood table in there that i would be able to fit all these plants in!

So i'm making the decision that some of these plants have to share a home with the BC Sweet Tooth under the LED until i can figure out what i am going to do with my veg area, and how i can make it bigger to accommodate vegging larger plants before harvest.

My goal is to be able to have a space i can veg two huge plants for 2+ months for the RDWC, a clone for my Capn-Style set up i will have in the big tent, 2 clones for the grow box and a clone for the 4x4 tent.

Looking great man. Why dont you put the flood tray into the 4X4 tent your using for the Twilight LED Grow? Then you can have plenty of room in the big tent to get the RDWC under 2 lights

Thats not a bad idea actually, the problem is, the flood table has 4 flowering clones in it, and the 4x4 tent still has a plant thats going to veg for at least 4 more weeks before going into flower. Then once it goes into flower, its going to be put on a Capn-style RTF system.

I also think that the 4x4 tent is only big enough for one plant, MAYBE 2 with a big enough light.

I am thinking that we are going to need a 4'x8' veg space. In order to do this, i am going to have to shut the grow box down after this next run.

Big Changes coming this week here at GreenThumb's loft.

The PVC stand for the floodtable is not good enough.. i need something more stable. So i'm off to Home Deport tomorrow to get some 2x4's cut for me so i can make a wooden stand

I also am going to pick up a couple 5gal buckets for my RDWC plan (its a pretty good idea i think!)

Also, my drip system for the flood table i made needs some fixing in the way of PVC cement on some of the holes i drilled in the rings.

I drilled holes into the rings near the "T" that connects the drip rings to the feed line, so the water just pours out those holes, and dont go around and water out the other holes. So that will be fixed tomorrow too

OK thats all for updating.. I will have a full picture update tomorrow afternoon, and a new video of the grow tomorrow night.

Oh yea and an update on the grow box!

Hey :420:

GreenThumb is back with yet another update.

So last update i mentioned how my PVC flood table was a flimsy mess. I had to have it Zip Tied to one of the tent poles to keep from leaning over too much because of the weight of the water.

Well that problem has been fixed. The only issue i have now is my PVC drip rings for the clones which dont water very well.

I'm thinking i drilled the holes too big. If anyone knows, water takes the path of least resistance, right? Well GreenThumb here was a dummy and forgot about that and drilled holes pretty much right where the water flows into the PVC ring, thus the water only emits from a few holes on one side of the ring, and doesn't make it all the way around to properly soak the rockwool.

So my solution is to make new drip rings with the old PVC pieces from the PVC stand. i just need to get a few new elbows for the rings, or use the existing ones that i have, which are going to be a huge PITA.. and i cant capitalize PITA any more

PITA!!!!

So i'm thinking i will just pay the $6 to get a bunch of elbows and some "T"s for my new rings, with smaller drilled holes.

Anyways. I have some pictures this time!! So lets get to em!

First lets start of with the new upgrade the flood table got!

Out with the Old:
GEDC01773.JPG
GEDC03395.JPG

In With the NEW!!
GEDC03404.JPG
GEDC03414.JPG

Drilled a couple screws so i can rest my thermometer for the reservoir:
GEDC03422.JPG

The current drip ring set up. I currently have it taken apart:
GEDC03335.JPG
GEDC03321.JPG
GEDC03313.JPG

Just a small update for tonight. I will post an update on the grow box tomorrow, when the lights are back on.

The stretch is over in there and its a Jungle!! I've had to supercrop many growing tops to prevent them from hitting the glass light housing.

Again, will post a full picture update on that, as well as i will be doing another video tomorrow around 8pm-ish.

Theres lots going on in GreenThumb's Loft, i'm just trying to keep up!!

Hey :420:

Theres lots going on in GreenThumb's Loft, i'm just trying to keep up!!

jugs.jpg

Dude.... there IS A LOT going on in the loft. Even more than you're telling us. Bow chikka bow wow. Oh yeah! You are a lucky man.

You didn't actually think I was going to let this picture slip by me, did you? :rofl:

Seriously though, that is some nice lookin Capn Style growing on right there. That tray is really going to produce a great yield. Yeah drip holes are definitely too big. Also remember for 4 drip rings you'll need about 800GPH.

Keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to seeing how these flower out. I would be irrigating once a day for 15 minutes duration at this point, and around 700ppm?

Oh my!!! Someone might be in trouble! Hahahaha ... But there are always exciting things happening at our place! :rofl:

The best feeling in the world is coming home after working all day and taking your bra off (not like 95% of you would know that) and then it usually gets tossed somewhere! Between my pjs (see last update on my journal) and now this things are getting exciting around here! :high-five::rofl:

Also.. You should be jealous! He is a lucky man!

>>> You didn't actually think I was going to let this picture slip by me, did you?

YOU KNOW....... i was actually thinking that as i posted it and was reading over the post "I wouldn't be surprised if The Capn only mentions the bra and doesn't say anything else" no joke. that was my thoughts last night.

Thanks for the laugh!!

>>> I would be irrigating once a day for 15 minutes duration at this point, and around 700ppm?

Am irrigating one time a day for 4 days straight, then i let the rockwool dry up a little for 2-3 days, then back to 4 straight days of watering. I find the couple days you let the roots use up that moisture in the rockwool, the plants really bush out. Some roots find air, and are air pruned and the plant sends out more roots and gets bushier.

Just what i'm finding anyways, plus the guys at GHSco use this technique as well claiming the plant grows faster by constantly sending out new roots. But they let the plant dry up 4 to 5 days before watering.

PPM for the WW DWC is 700ish, next res change this weekend will bump up to 850, will also mark week 5 of flower tomorrow.

PPM for the clones in the transition stage are 625. 3 clones are about 3ish weeks under 12/12 and the 4th clone is a week into 12/12.

All 4 clones will receive the same nutrient recipe for another week, then will be fed the "mid-bloom" recipe for 2-4 weeks before having PPM's bumped up in the "Late Flower" recipe.

>>> Also remember for 4 drip rings you'll need about 800GPH.

NEVER.... i refuse to accept that!!! I'm going to make my 317GPH pump that i bought for $22 at a saltwater aquarium store work for the 4 rings.. I bought 2 of them, and the one is overkill for my Sweet Tooth.

I paid like $110 for my Mag Drive 700GPH pump... i AM NOT buying another one just for the drip rings.

Lady GT wouldn't be impressed the slightest if i came home with another $100 water pump!!

My holes in the drip rings were way too big, thus the water took the least path of resistance and didn't fully go all the way around the rings. I will know better when i drill my holes for the new ones.. Still have to get damn PVC fittings tho cause all the other ones have holes drilled in them.

IF with the new holes the pump still isn't working adequately, i will go and get a larger pump.

But if the smaller holes are good enough to allow me to use this pump.. i'm sticking with this one!

>>> You might be able to salvage the old water rings with drip irrigation emitters in the (too large) holes.

drip emitters are more expensive at the local hardware stores than PVC elbows and plugs, but thank you for the suggestion!

I'm going to go with small holes on the drip ring so hopefully my small 317 water pump will hold up.

>>> I would suggest a chicken block on inside of legs under the 2*4 band if not you only have screws holding that wieght.
P.s. Im a carpenter.

Thanks Dusty. That table is more than sturdy tho. I've sat in it am i'm about 180lbs. I always put 3 in the leg to make sure my legs are attached properly. I've seen 2x4's hold up way more weight than this with great success.. Check out Med-Mans Medical Film tables.. he uses a 5x10 OSB/plywood built trough with a lid on top.. all held up by 2x4 or 2x6 leg supports. No Chicken blocks on his tables.. never seen one collapse on him and he runs usually 3 lights attached to the tables and 12-15 plants inside the lid. To see 2x4's or 2x6's holding that amount of weight up..... i'm feeling pretty confident with my table stand

I'm headed to best buy to see if they can install my USB microscope that i bought off Scamazon, otherwise i have to send it back!!
Then i might as well pick up some PVC fittings for the new drip rings while i'm out too!

>>>the guys at GHSco use this technique as well claiming the plant grows faster by constantly sending out new roots. But they let the plant dry up 4 to 5 days before watering.

Yeah I was just talking to sling about this last night. There's no way they go 4-5 days. I think they mis-spoke there. Maybe if you are in dirt. If you have the correct pot size, you shouldn't be able to go more than 36-48 hours without totally drying up.

>>PPM for the WW DWC is 700ish, next res change this weekend will bump up to 850, will also mark week 5 of flower tomorrow.

>>PPM for the clones in the transition stage are 625. 3 clones are about 3ish weeks under 12/12 and the 4th clone is a week into 12/12.

>>All 4 clones will receive the same nutrient recipe for another week, then will be fed the "mid-bloom" recipe for 2-4 weeks before having PPM's bumped up in the "Late Flower" recipe.

Sounds great man!

>>>>I paid like $110 for my Mag Drive 700GPH pump... i AM NOT buying another one just for the drip rings.

I know man they are crazy expensive. Anyway, let me know how this ends up.

>>>IF with the new holes the pump still isn't working adequately, i will go and get a larger pump.

Yeah maybe if you just start with about 6, 1/16" holes per ring?

>>> There's no way they go 4-5 days. I think they mis-spoke there.

Maybe it was Arjan's accent. they said it right in their White Widow grow video. They had one plant in soil and one plant in rockwool growcubes. Maybe they said a few days, but it sounded like they said 4 or 5 days. Maybe they were referring to the soil plant.

>>> I know man they are crazy expensive.

the place i got my two 317GPH pumps had a sale on mag drive pumps. a 700GPH pump was like $70!!!!

>>> Yeah maybe if you just start with about 6, 1/16" holes per ring?

Yea i realized that i drilled way too many holes, that were also too big, which i dont think provided enough pressure in the PVC for all the rings to get an adequate amount of water.

so back to square one!

On a good note, $55 later at Best Buy, my USB microscope works on my laptop!!

So now i can take some awesome trichome shots of the Widow lady!!

Hey everyone, just a little preview of the White widow under the USB microscope i bought.

for like $30, i cant really complain, although i would love some better clarity, but it will take some time getting used to the focus in comparison to distance from the item viewed..

its only one as for some reason i cant save multiple pictures when theres multiple ones open.. it just saves the last one taken over and over

trich_12.jpg

There she be! this is from a side bud too!

Back
Top Bottom