Grnwzrds 2nd Closet Northern Lights Grow, 315W CMH In Coco

What do you reckon about these LED floodlights feral?

Wanted something a bit more than the fluro but that doesnt use
that much more power.Never thought i'd go led but they where sittin
in the garage collecting dust. Cant seem to find any info on the colour
of the light.

Gonna give em a few days and check for root growth. Theyre running in my old cabinet.

If these lights do what i want i might get some more and build a shade.

just for veg.
:passitleft:

Maybe ive just been smoking too much. Or not enough.

Not too sure mate but they would probably work as long as its in the general spectrum, id have a look at any of the stickers or brand and see if you can find any specs, should do the job though, will find out in a few days if they start to look a bit funny ;) Was going to say earlier the cabinet would probably hold a lot more warmth than the tents, tents are good reflective wise but not thermal :thumb:
Id defo have a look into the lights a bit further, could be onto a cheap setup if they work, could even be an idea to test the lumens on one of them phone apps just to get a general idea :)

I'll try and have a good search. If they work good i dont think the hydro shops will
be happy. See how go.haha

Yeh the tent gets cold. I didnt appreciate how the cupboards stay warm. Ive thrown
a blanket over the tent for now,might help a bit.

If these lights work i'm onto a winner. fingers crossed.
If not,they can go back under the fluro for a bit. worth a shot

Hey, man. Hope you are well.
Nice harvest! Done well. big shame about your current girls; looks like maybe over-watering?? The colder weather won't help with that also.. I know you know your stuff; I'm just thinking that coco always seems to stay moist just that little bit longer than you think.. Maybe that's what keeping those roots cold.
That truly sux, but Ditchweeds 'Sad Panda' comment made me piss myself.
That from Southpark, Ditch; or you just say that all the time..?? Reminds me of Southpark...

The Sexual Harrassment Panda???
Something like that....

Hahaha that rings a bell. sexual harrassment panda.lol
Never got into southpark. Watched some of the eraly stuff when it first
came out.

Ok so the girls still look sick and havnt been watered for ages,and the little girls now look sick under the led's.

I'm a bees dick away from scrapping the big ones and putting the little girls in there
or putting the 315 back in the cupboard.

At the moment nothings going well. The stuff i harvested refuses to dry too.

I'll get some pics later this afternoon. Hopefully i can rescue everything.

The big sick girls might be kept and stripped. Strip the bud shit off and have a crack
at revegging them. Better than them going in the bin.

I'll get some updates later.

Thanks guys ;)

Must be damn cold where you are cause it is bloody cold here. My cupboard is the best spot to be. I shut it up about an hour before lights off to let it store up some heat. I think the fluros in the grow tents keep a bit of temp up in there too. Good luck what ever you decide. Don't think they are going to do too good now to flower honestly so I'd more on and maybe reveg or take clones. You got others ready to go??

Timmy Timmy... Timmy. Wasn't big on the PC principal season, tho it's a good reflection on how stupid society has become... love the show. Waiting for the new season.
Oh, and bad kitty, that's my pot pie... hahaha. When it's on heat and smashes up the kitchen. Love it all.

Yeah, I'm not into it as much as the other cartoons (Simpsons did it! Simpsons did it! Simpsons did it!!), but that that sad panda comment rand a bell straight away..
Because "..Sexual harassment makes me a sad Panda..!"

Yeah, Wiz.. As if watching the buds shrink isn't bad enough... When they won't dry in the cold, that sux. Then, BANG! You come home next day and it's all TOO dry.. Gotta rush around jarring up, chucking in handfuls of lettuce or banana peel to re-moisten, and pray it doesn't go mouldy.. I forgot about an open jar the other day of one of my recent harvests.. Thought I jarred up too soon, so wanted to give it a good hour. 24 hours later, had a head-slap moment... The Jar!!! Still open!!!!
Bone dry. Had to use Kale, cos we had nothing else handy. Got it back up to 77%RH... Hopefully didn't ruin it...!

PS had some Starbust gummi the other week.... WOW! Strong flavours!!! Almost couldn't eat the citrus ones... So I closed my eyes and shoveled in more!!

Thanks guys and sorry for late reply. Havnt had internet for a while here.

Aussie, yeh it's cold man, and it aint gonna get warmer for a while. Weve had a bit of
a break in weather (drop in humidity) rather, which has helped dry the product.
The wood cupboards have a tremendous impact one the growing environment.
Such a big impact i nearly lost a crop over it.haha.silly. You'd think the tent wouldnt
be that bad. anyway...

I got 6 baby's in 100mm pots under the fluro again to go in after this lot.

The baby's where under led for 2 days as a gamble and showed weird
yellow growth,so i didnt waste time and put them back under the fluro.
This week they should have some root growth and their 1st topping.

I'll take cuttings off them in a couple of weeks.

The sick girls might have come round too. I gave them a flush of ph water
and stripped some yellow sick looking leaves and left them for a day or two.
Then started light watering with 1/2 strengh nutes.

I'll get some pictures this arvo of everything. Definitley.

Santb, yeh the temp and humidity give me the shits. Ive had to use a pretty rough method
of drying. I cut the buds off the branches after a week of hanging and put them in brown
paper bags. Then after a bunch of stuffing around putting the bags in different places
and slightly warming them/airing them etc etc. the buds went into jars and now they'll
finish drying as theyre curing.

The jars are getting burped and checked constantly. Like you say it's easy to go too far.

My main concern was loosing the taste and flavour of the stuff. I know when shit's been forced
dried and i cant stand it.

Found some photos of the cuttings the other day when i was potting them.

WP_20170530_15_31_11_Pro.jpg

WP_20170530_15_31_16_Pro.jpg

And the jars i have to keep an eye on.

WP_20170603_10_22_04_Pro.jpg

WP_20170603_10_22_15_Pro.jpg

I'll get some pics of eveything this afternoon.

Thanks for looking ;)

Thanks guys and sorry for late reply. Havnt had internet for a while here.

Aussie, yeh it's cold man, and it aint gonna get warmer for a while. Weve had a bit of
a break in weather (drop in humidity) rather, which has helped dry the product.
The wood cupboards have a tremendous impact one the growing environment.
Such a big impact i nearly lost a crop over it.haha.silly. You'd think the tent wouldnt
be that bad. anyway...

I got 6 baby's in 100mm pots under the fluro again to go in after this lot.

The baby's where under led for 2 days as a gamble and showed weird
yellow growth,so i didnt waste time and put them back under the fluro.
This week they should have some root growth and their 1st topping.

I'll take cuttings off them in a couple of weeks.

The sick girls might have come round too. I gave them a flush of ph water
and stripped some yellow sick looking leaves and left them for a day or two.
Then started light watering with 1/2 strengh nutes.

I'll get some pictures this arvo of everything. Definitley.

Santb, yeh the temp and humidity give me the shits. Ive had to use a pretty rough method
of drying. I cut the buds off the branches after a week of hanging and put them in brown
paper bags. Then after a bunch of stuffing around putting the bags in different places
and slightly warming them/airing them etc etc. the buds went into jars and now they'll
finish drying as theyre curing.

The jars are getting burped and checked constantly. Like you say it's easy to go too far.

My main concern was loosing the taste and flavour of the stuff. I know when shit's been forced
dried and i cant stand it.

Found some photos of the cuttings the other day when i was potting them.

WP_20170530_15_31_11_Pro.jpg

WP_20170530_15_31_16_Pro.jpg

And the jars i have to keep an eye on.

WP_20170603_10_22_04_Pro.jpg

WP_20170603_10_22_15_Pro.jpg

I'll get some pics of eveything this afternoon.

Thanks for looking ;)

The roots on those clones are awesome.

Photos of the babys They just got topped.
WP_20170606_15_06_08_Pro.jpg

And photos of the sick girls.
WP_20170606_15_36_59_Pro.jpg

WP_20170606_15_37_07_Pro.jpg

WP_20170606_15_37_13_Pro.jpg

WP_20170606_15_37_19_Pro.jpg

WP_20170606_15_37_23_Pro.jpg

Had to take a bunch of leaves off the sick girls. Theyre showing roots out the bottom of
the pots which is good but i'm not expecting much from them. A couple of ounces would
be great.

Cheers.

My internet is being very difficult. been trying all arvo to get these pics up.

theyre up there bro, post above yours ;)

This internet's hopeless.

I cant see pics in anyone's journals,and it took about 20 goes to get the pics up.
I cant get into my emails or do anything.

Might need to speak to my mate who "fixed it" yesterday and hooked another modem up.
Very frustrating.

Looks like the sick girls may have turned around and be starting to put on a show,
which is welcomed. The babies are just chugging along. Went from the old triphosphur
NEC tubes to some sylvania ubes. Look a lot more purple. Just thought "why not"
for 30 bucks, the old ones where about 5 years old anyway.

WP_20170609_15_12_29_Pro.jpg

WP_20170609_15_12_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20170609_15_12_42_Pro.jpg

WP_20170609_15_12_42_Pro.jpg

WP_20170609_15_12_51_Pro.jpg

WP_20170609_15_39_14_Pro.jpg

WP_20170609_15_39_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20170609_15_46_10_Pro.jpg

WP_20170609_15_58_50_Pro.jpg

Going to give the older ones a few weeks to do their thing. Might have to juggle
some things around soon and maybe get the bigger cupboard going again for
a bit.

I'm trying to get around to journals. but my internet is touch and go.

Thanks for looking ;)

Back
Top Bottom