Grnwzrds 2nd Closet Northern Lights Grow, 315W CMH In Coco

Thanks heaps guys for the kind words. i'll get some update shots this arvo.
Hopefully them colas do fill out,fingers crossed for the ladies to start pumping up.

Just thought i'd share something else with you guys you might find amusing.

It's no secret to anyone following my thread that power usage is a main concern
of mine. I say mine but it's the person i share with.

Aaaaanyway we got the last power bill and i got a bit of a talking to about it.
The person i live with boils the kettle day long,as we all know they chew the juice.
BIGTIME. The said person is ignorant to this fact.

So.

Spent some time doing research and if anyone knows a show in Britian called Eastenders,
basically a lot of older people watch it. People who like a cup of tea.

(this excerpt is directly from the BBC website)

" The engineers at the National Grid control centre brace themselves each time Eastenders ends and 1.75 million kettles get switched on. "

I worked it out, the kettle is 2000 watts give or take,so it's like running 2x1000w
lights for 3 mins, up to ten/twenty times a day.

I dont think my 315w light is the problem. Im getting some light reading material ready
for when the power nazi comes home. hahaha

(my figures are probably out but they do use a shit tonne of power) lol.

Seeing as we cant use heating either i might suggest a sensible logical approach
of using the stove and a stove top kettle like i said years ago.

I might be updating the journal tonight with a bruised forehead though
from where ive been banging it against a wall.

Thanks for listening.

hahaha

Away from the silly power situation,i decided for a change of scenery.
The cupboards have been fun but very limiting.

So the big girls got a new house and the babies have been put in,
after taking some cuttings yesterday. Not sure what they'll do,but
we'll see.

Excuse the silly pots that the babies are in i had to fit four plants and a greenhouse
into a tiny box for a few days so they where potted down.

WP_20170510_14_38_12_Pro.jpg

WP_20170510_16_01_11_Pro.jpg

WP_20170510_16_09_27_Pro.jpg

the tent is a 1x1x2, and its a lot more room than i thought.
A lot of the upward space probably wont be used but i'm real
happy with it.

Hope everyones having a good day.

Cheers.

Hell yeah man, looks awesome :)

Have had my problems explaining power usage lol, dad was a bit worried at first thinking we couldn't afford it, got my foot in the door using a LED, bill came in and really wasn't much more than usual ;) unplugged my sisters chest freezer she had sitting out the back verandah she left here months earlier with nothing in it and the bill dropped by half :rofl: Gave me the idea that I could add more to my rooms and bring the bill back up to about where it was when the freezer was plugged in without anyone really noticing anything (ie the power company, if all the wives tales are true about the cops monitoring high power usage lol). At first my dad was getting shitty that the bill was so high till he realised he never has to pay a bill again :rofl: rather than saving $100 on a bill he now doesn't have to pay any bills, everything pays for itself and we both benefit :)

Power usage...
At £.15 per kilowatt hour, a 315w light costs about .05p an hour to run. At 20 hrs on, 4/off, that's about £1/day, or £30/month. Less at 12/12. There's absolutely no way that amount of power use is noticeable. To lower power usage if you must, simply switch out all household bulbs to 9w LED conversions @ £2 or so each (less from Amazon in 6 packs.) You can safely run a couple 1000w lights at 12/12 without concerning yourself with the light bill-it's more the smell leaking or the nosy widow down the block noticing "funny red light" coming from a light leak & running her mouth to her biddy friends.
In the U.K. the "suspicious high power use" that leads to raids on indoor gardens is over flats that use many, many kilowatts per hour, or the electricity is being stolen. Or the residents report that there's Asian gangs acting wonky in a particular council estate. .

Thanks ditch, the difference is amazing in size, twice as
deep as my cupboard and just nicer to work in so far,even though ive only had it a few hours. haha

:laughtwo:

Feral,glad someone knows where i'm coming from. i'd love another cupboard to
do it the way i want,but i'm makin do. :) fluro and the 315. not easy without
a proper veg area.

Anyway

Must say guys, big thumbs up for the tent. I thought they where shit (for no reason really)
So stuck to my cupboards.And i still like the cupboards but i just love this thing.
Set it up in 10mins (no gear) then hook your gear up to the various outlets in the tent and away you go.

Simple and easy.Made me wanna go camping again actually.

i walked into the room at night. Pitch black. Very impressed.

The little side view windows are fucking awsome too.

Great bit of kit. :thumb:

I hear you there mate, I'm actually still using less now than when the freezer was plugged in and that's running 2x 315w, 1x 600w, 1x400w and the various air pumps I'm running ;) Tbh over here in AU I don't think they are going to notice on such a small thing, I mean if your whole house was filled with 500 plants I could understand them paying a bit of attention :rofl: I'm not worried about that at all, just one of the things I copped from my dad when I first started out indoors, he thought they were going to barge the door down lol, then again when there were 6 people living in the house and I wasn't growing, my computer was the blame for high power consumption :rofl: they couldn't even understand it only ran on 400w supply, to chew all that power it would have worked out to be running about 5000w through my PC, what a beast :rofl:

Just saw your post skunk. I dont fucking care about the light man. ;) haha

I use to run 6x600w hps setups at a mates place.

The person i live with is a power nazi and likes theyre bills to be near nothing.
I'm guessing theyre trying to break some sort of record.

As soon as i move im running a shit load more than a 315w light and a couple of fluro's.hahaha

Welcome aboad the grow skunk and thanks for the reply :thumb:

Hey man hope your doing well... Plants look great!!
Sux about your back... That pic with the screws in the plastic spine... Wow. I guess these days it's no big deal, unless it's you they're doing it to... Doesn't look fun.
The tent rocks. I want one, but have nowhere to put it. I can cover my cab with a drop sheet and pile stuff on top and in front and in the corner where it is, it just looks like more of my junk. No way I could explain away a tent... Believe me, I've tried to think of ANY way I could have one here. Not even got any walls or anything to put it behind...,
I am waiting to build a shed, do what I want..false walls and all that.. But need $$. As usual..
Good luck with the stand-up.. A sad day recently when Gene Wilder died. Young Frankenstein still one of my favourites... God, even as a kid, I WANTED Madeline Kahn..!! He and Richard Pryor were so funny. And Stir Crazy....

Re power: don't know about you guys but I get a 36% discount if I pay on time. And it makes a Huge difference. And all the lights in the house are LED. 3 bedroom house and around $185 per 3 month bill. After the discounts from the last bill are applied. Once I add my second 400w hps I'd say it will still be under $250. Which is good imo. Bit higher in winter with heating.

Hey sant, thanks bro. yeh the back is what it is, just gotta preserve whats left.
Not keen on the surgery's.

No idea how you'd disguise something like this., if im still in this house come
inspection time i might have to start dismantling shit. The room is a storage
room with crap aroiund the place but the tent sticks out like dogs balls.

Was thinking of getting some spray tan signs to put on it and having it not
running when they rock up.Say the missus does spray tans and it's a portable booth.
Maybe go as far as buying some cheap spray tan stuff. Ive probably got
and airbrush kit lying around somewhere.hahaha

I thought about a shed, but then you got outside temps and more chance of bugs and shit.
and theft.

Aussie,sounds like you got it sorted pretty good. There not bad bills.

Blackthumbs, 120 to read it. Shit! i want that job. lol.

I should have some nice updates this arvo, the girls all look happy.

The tent is just awesome,lovelovelove it.

Cheers.

;)

Random update shots.
WP_20170514_17_54_45_Pro.jpg

WP_20170514_17_54_37_Pro.jpg

WP_20170514_17_54_31_Pro.jpg

WP_20170514_17_54_22_Pro.jpg

WP_20170514_17_52_56_Pro.jpg

Girls seem happy. not long now. 2 weeks im guessing. Looking forward to having
some decent smoke again. ;)

Thanks for looking.

Back