Grooster's 1st Grow (top-drip, bato-bucket hydro) AK47 Clones

Yah, I don't know about "advanced" - I'd say "needed something to do and got a little crazy" :rofl:
I caught up on your grow and I really dig what you are doing over there. Very cool design and implementation. And, compared to what I am running, 'advanced' might just be the right word hehe. Just ball-busting. But seriously keep it up I wanna see how they turn out.

Ok, so I was supposed to post an update with pictures but to be honest I have been getting couch-locked like a MF!

Let me just say I made a HUGE NOOB Mistake! I rotated my pots to position the plants under the light better and accidentally left one of the drip tubes out of the pot!! OH NO! When I checked in the morning...water...everywhere. Only about 7 or so gallons but still...Lucky I had all my electrics up on boxes. Further lucky I am in a basement with cement floors LOL.

Just sopped it all up with towels and its all dry now. Mixed up a fresh batch of nutes (which I needed anyway) and put it all back together. Double checked my friggin DRIP-TUBES!

Oh well, at least I haven't keeled a plant yet!!

Ladies are doing good, they are continuing to bush out nicely. They have good color although one leaf has slight discoloration. I know my gals have somewhat harsh conditions such as low temps and low humids. I will post pics soon to show some nice bush.

Note to self: Check friggin drip tubes DUMMY!

L8ER Peeps

It's nice when you can learn a lesson without paying too dearly for it eh.

You did learn your lesson didn't you? lol

I've got cement floors too and a sump pump in the floor so both tubs could burst and it would be dry in there in a few hours. Less work for me again! :cheer:

C'ya l8r :peace:

Just caugth up with your grow for the 5th time or so i think, i've read your journal several times and admired your plants while high but always forgot to subscribe, fixing that while sober now :grinjoint:

I'd say 2oz should be easy for you to obtain with those babies.

Ouch, sucks about the water all over the floor. But could have been a lot worse, Glad it was just a few towels that had to be used and not any worse damage. Looking forward to seeing those plants... Great job..

WOW bro you got a real nice grow started. +reps for the wonderful lst job and Grrrrreat start... Keep up the good work my friend!

It's nice when you can learn a lesson without paying too dearly for it eh.

You did learn your lesson didn't you? lol

I've got cement floors too and a sump pump in the floor so both tubs could burst and it would be dry in there in a few hours. Less work for me again! :cheer:

C'ya l8r :peace:

You got that right LabRat. Didn't have to pay dearly this time. Whew! Dodged a bullet.

Just caugth up with your grow for the 5th time or so i think, i've read your journal several times and admired your plants while high but always forgot to subscribe, fixing that while sober now :grinjoint:

I'd say 2oz should be easy for you to obtain with those babies.

Hell yea thanks Stakkur. I know exactly what you mean. I've had to re-read several journals for that very same reason but I enjoy it so much that I don't mind too much. Thanks for stopping in and posting. I am hoping 2oz each that would be AWEsOMe!

Ouch, sucks about the water all over the floor. But could have been a lot worse, Glad it was just a few towels that had to be used and not any worse damage. Looking forward to seeing those plants... Great job..

Hey Sonzor glad to see yer still with me! Yea, I got damn lucky. What if I had a 40g rez or something. WOULD HAVE SUCKED! I gotta lot of stuff down here I don't want getting wet.

Gonna post an pic update right after this. Not a lot to see since I am still vegging but nice bush pics.

Nicely saved Grooster, good mistake to make while you can....bet you'll not do again!

Heyhey Kailpot! True that brother. Never do that again! I hope my buddy Cannibal reads this and laughs his arse off, he's got the same system.

WOW bro you got a real nice grow started. +reps for the wonderful lst job and Grrrrreat start... Keep up the good work my friend!

What up MI-G? Thanks soooo much for checking in and the reps! I know my little setup is weak compared to your stuff but hey gotta start somewhere. You guys are cool not to rip on the newbs!!

Pic update next...

L8ER guys!

All Right its Day 23!

The girls are doing well. Filling out nicely. I am happy to say I have found them easy to train in that they are flexible and I have had no issues with stems snapping. (so far that is)

I do know my humids and temps are low and that may be hurting the grow a little bit. I am still waiting to get my hands on a tent. Must have one for flower which should be in less than two weeks. Then I can control humids, temps and light much more efficiently.

pH is stable around 6ish using dropper tester. Plants look healthy so here are the pics...

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_22_001.jpg

I love this 'canopy' shot...
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_22_002.jpg

This one kinda shows where I need to train still to fill in the last holes....
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_22_003.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_22_004.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_22_005.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_22_006.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_22_007.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_22_008.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_22_009.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_22_010.jpg

I do notice some leaf tips are 'hooking' downwards. Not all but several on each plant. I have read that is often over-watering. Might it be the temps/humids? I think the water schedule is pretty good. I flood for 15min 3 times per day 6 hours between 1-2 and 2-3 and no water at night.

Anyways I think they are doing well, but of course I want to optimize growth as much as possible. Thanks all for checking out my grow! Keep the comments/suggestions coming they have helped out a bunch! Stay Green my friends.

L8ER

Hey whats up all?? Getting kinda quiet around here. I know, I know boring veg!! I thought I would put up a progress photo series just to show how the growth has been in 22 days. I will post another update at 28 days....

Here they are at Day 1:
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_1_006.JPG

Day 9:
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_9_005.JPG

Day 10 with LST started:
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_10_006.jpg

Day 12:
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_12_005.jpg

Day 15:
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_15_004.jpg

Day 22:
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_22_004.jpg

Quite a transformation in only 22 days! I love having the photos to track growth with like this.

I think on my next update I will try to post some individual shots of the girls. Get a better perspective instead of always just under the lights.

L8ER Peeps!

What incredible proof that something bigger than us had a hand in this.

Those aliens are the coolest! :bong: :peace:

What incredible proof that something bigger than us had a hand in this.

Those aliens are the coolest! :bong: :peace:

Yeah man, they must have some high end stuff to work with :Rasta:

Anyhow, your plants are looking nice and bushy there Grooster, how long you planning to veg them for?

+Rep for beutiful plants if i can

Back
Top Bottom