Grooster's 1st Grow (top-drip, bato-bucket hydro) AK47 Clones

hey man, stopping in to say hi. tossed ya some reps for the beautiful plants and the fast growth. them's some nice stems for only 30 days. keep up the good work my man.

Hey Grooster, nice system. What are you running through the roots?
Continuous feed is awesome btw bato buckets look great. thought about a bato but hesitated, although its probably easy to rig up drain line to it. plus the pots come out to be 9 dollar each.

Your on it grooster:cheer: Well done brother keep it up:goodjob:

Many thanks Fastfor20!!

Indeed - Keep it Up!

Right on, thanks WP!

hey man, stopping in to say hi. tossed ya some reps for the beautiful plants and the fast growth. them's some nice stems for only 30 days. keep up the good work my man.

Heyhey Newsisnoise what up my man. Thanks for stoppin in and thanks for the reps!! I am really happy with the plants growth, the stems are pretty fat at the base hehe. I hope thats good support for mondo buds!

damn i wish i had my ak"s still!!!!

Me2 Roca! Gotta get you back in the game brother.

Hey Grooster, nice system. What are you running through the roots?
Continuous feed is awesome btw bato buckets look great. thought about a bato but hesitated, although its probably easy to rig up drain line to it. plus the pots come out to be 9 dollar each.

Heyhey 420Train! Good to see ya! I am running General Hydroponics 3 part Flora series...Grow, Bloom and Hard Water Micro. The girls are in 50/50 coco/perlite with a layer of clay balls on top. No other nutes atm. I think I will add a blooming agent such as sweet, gravity, etc. when they are in flower.

I am digging the bato-buckets although they are a bit expensive for a plastic pot, but they do offer a measure of security if you have a pump failure. The pots are sitting on a PVC stand with holes drilled into it so they drain right through the stand back into the res. I got the plans on the inter-web. Seems to be working well but I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks for checking out my grow!

Very nice, you have some very bushy plants on your hands, lot of buds in your future for sure, Great job...

haha. Stacey Keach may have said "the bigger the bust, the bigger the boost". but i say, "the bigger the branch, the bigger the bud" lol.

stay up man.

haha. Stacey Keach may have said "the bigger the bust, the bigger the boost". but i say, "the bigger the branch, the bigger the bud" lol.

stay up man.

LOL..Me and my girl just watched that a couple nights ago...seen a million times and still watched it twice in a row..LMFAO EVERYTIME!!:ganjamon:

Very nice, you have some very bushy plants on your hands, lot of buds in your future for sure, Great job...

Thanks Sonzor, I hope you are right. I have plenty of time to screw things up. Here's hoping that don't happen!

stay up man.

LOL..Me and my girl just watched that a couple nights ago...seen a million times and still watched it twice in a row..LMFAO EVERYTIME!!:ganjamon:

LOL - Here's my contribution...
"You wanna get high man?"
"Does Howdie Doodie got wooden balls man?"

Ok my tent should be here tomorrow! I am stoked! Gonna put it up and take pics. Its arrival coincides perfectly with my need to transition to flower period. Girls will have vegged 35 days under my care and they are ready get it on, as it were. I decided on a 4'x4'x7.5' mylar Grow Box tent. It should fit my rig and plants perfectly with plenty of room for equipment.

I plan to let the girls finish day 35 which will be 2am my time. Then I will put them into the tent for a dark period after which 12/12 with 400w HPS will begin. I was thinking of having 30hrs of dark which would set their new day at 8am-8pm-8am.

I will be constructing a carbon filter for odor-control and will have to wait and see how the enclosure affects temps and humids before addressing those issues. Would have been nice to have the tent at the beginning to have all my variables already dialed-in but live and learn I guess.

I am curious about transitioning my nute mix...I have been running my current solution for two weeks with full strength veg. Should I run that another week before switching to bloom ferts or switch right off the bat? I realize this is an important stage for the girls and I want to make sure that its done 'properly'. Any comments on that will be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

L8ER

High Grooster.

Sounds like the fun's about to start. :bong:

For switching to 12/12 and nutes a lot of guys would change out to fresh nutes and that might be best but not what I do. I would just add a good dose of Bloom and Micro before you give them a dark cycle then when the lights come on they're primed with flowering nutes. Let them run on that for a week to 10 days then change out to a full compliment of budding nutes. By then they're really into the stretch and budding up. They still need nitrogen too as they will gobble up the nutes during the stretch. I use 1part Grow, 2 Bloom, 1 Mic for this period then 0 Grow, 2 Bloom, 1 Mic for budding. Plus bloom boosters etc.

Stretch is 40% of the total flowering time so 24 days for a 60 day flower cycle. As the stretch slows so will the demand for nutes and you will see that if you check the ppm daily. After that daily top up of nutes to the ppm you want could keep you going to the flush if you do that. I just allow the plants to eat the nutes down to 300 or so near the end and start harvesting a bit at a time over a few weeks.

Looking forward to seeing your new set-up and your flourishing girls in their new home.

:peace:

High Grooster.

Sounds like the fun's about to start. :bong:

For switching to 12/12 and nutes a lot of guys would change out to fresh nutes and that might be best but not what I do. I would just add a good dose of Bloom and Micro before you give them a dark cycle then when the lights come on they're primed with flowering nutes. Let them run on that for a week to 10 days then change out to a full compliment of budding nutes. By then they're really into the stretch and budding up. They still need nitrogen too as they will gobble up the nutes during the stretch. I use 1part Grow, 2 Bloom, 1 Mic for this period then 0 Grow, 2 Bloom, 1 Mic for budding. Plus bloom boosters etc.

Stretch is 40% of the total flowering time so 24 days for a 60 day flower cycle. As the stretch slows so will the demand for nutes and you will see that if you check the ppm daily. After that daily top up of nutes to the ppm you want could keep you going to the flush if you do that. I just allow the plants to eat the nutes down to 300 or so near the end and start harvesting a bit at a time over a few weeks.

Looking forward to seeing your new set-up and your flourishing girls in their new home.

:peace:
Thanks for the well thought out post LabRat. I like your ideas here and I have been thinking about it a lot.

Right now my mix is 3/2/1 (grow/micro/bloom) as per the label. The label then says to go 2/2/2 (grow/micro/bloom) for transition to bloom and then 1/2/3 (grow/micro/bloom) for full bloom/ripen.

I have been running the tub for 2 weeks. I don't have a ppm meter yet. So, I think I will go ahead and just change out the tub and go 2/2/2 (grow/micro/bloom) for two weeks, then 1/2/3 (grow/micro/bloom) till final flush. Basically gonna follow the label and keep it simple for now. Still, I thank you for the suggestions. I am just fearful that I might imbalance the mix or cause lock-out or something like that. Also with my hard-water I worry about buildup of that from add-backs.

Of course I am still open to any and all suggestions. Comments are always welcome as well. Good or bad!

Here are some dumb pics of my new tent...

My_New_Tent_004.jpg

My_New_Tent_002.jpg

My_New_Tent_003.jpg

I can't wait to see how the new tent looks. Drum Roll please.....

Here's Johnny! (erm the tent that is)...

is that a gyosupps tent?

Supposedly its a 'Grow Bud Box' 48x48x78. Thats what it was listed as, don't see any TMs or logos on it though. Made sure to get a mylar rather than pvc one.

Wow Grooster, looks like you're about to have a nice grow goin. I commend you for going hydro on your first grow. Also AK47 is one of my all time favorite strains. Good luck with the new tent and everything. ;)

Hey man thanks for checkin out the grow brother! Thanks for the kind words. Thats cool that your familiar with the AK-47 strain. Anything you can tell me about it from your experience would be appreciated. As soon as I get a few minutes I will be sure to check out yer grow. Take it easy.

Ok here a few pics of the new and hopefully improved setup...

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_35_001.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_35_002.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_35_003.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_35_004.jpg

I still need some work done here such as my exhaust and carbon filter. Intake will be passive I think. Temps shouldn't be too bad. After the girls' 30 hour nap they will get the 12/12 under 400w of HPS. I changed out the res and went with 2/2/2 micro/bloom/grow in a 5 gallon res. I plan to run this for two weeks then go full strength bloom nutes.

All comments and questions are welcome. Thanks to all for checking out my n00b grow.

L8ER

hows the quality of the materials? price is like $10 cheaper than what I paid for my not very reflective Homebox. I bought a mylar lined one that looks like it was manufactured by the same people as yours, but its smaller, and its much thinner and lower quality than the Homebox, but much much more reflective.

Back
Top Bottom