Grooster's 1st Grow (top-drip, bato-bucket hydro) AK47 Clones

What incredible proof that something bigger than us had a hand in this.

Those aliens are the coolest! :bong: :peace:

Umm, yea aliens and junk LOL! Something bigger than us? Twelfth Planet like? eheh good stuff

Yeah man, they must have some high end stuff to work with :Rasta:

Anyhow, your plants are looking nice and bushy there Grooster, how long you planning to veg them for?

+Rep for beutiful plants if i can

Thanks Stakkur! I think I will veg for one more week for a total of 5 under my care. The clones probably had at least a week to root before I got them so I estimate 6 weeks total. Its getting close to switch time!! Exciting.

It sure looks like to me your getting close to flowering time...
Are you gonna start changing the lighting at 6 weeks?

You know yer plants Joe! Yep one more week just for a little extra bush. I am getting plenty of tops coming through which I hope will become nice colas.

nice progression bro!

Hey thanks Butcher! Appreciate the comment!

there u go my man... nice work... i still love the veg pics.... sorry i havent been around latley some stuff has happened and set me back just a lil.... but good work my dude

Hey there Rocafella. Yea man I read about your bad news bro. Waay lame what your homie did to you. I know you'll be back in the mix in no time. Thanks for stopping by brother.

Thanks for all your comments!

L8ER

Awesome progress. I hesitate to make any comments cause you're doing so well. But...

In answer to your "what to add to help bloom" question - Three that I know work well with your setup are Sweet, Gravity, or Molasses. All at about the same 1-2 tbs /g I think. They all go in somewhere between 3-4 weeks before the end. Gravity warns you to cut back on nutes when you first try it and I would follow their advice.

And as far as the wilting and the watering setup. I think your plants look healthy. But if you want to try something, I would try increasing your watering times to like 20min or half hour every hour and a half when the lights are on and once at night. I had the exact same symptoms when I first started clay. Don't worry about flooding the roots too much with clay - it WILL dry and provide enough O2. I know you have some layers under it but I would think they would drain as well. And when you increase the amt you cut back on ppm - which I can't quite tell but it looks like you have a tiiiiny bit of tip burn, so cutting back on the level of nutes might be a good thing. Or might just be a problem for the flush

Your plants are so nice and bushy. Take caution in messing with stuff - cause you're clearly doing things right. But I would increase the amt of water. And if you have not used something like Clearex to flush them every once in a while - I would check into that. Seems to make my plants love me when they're a little droopy.

Congrats on great stuff so far.

Hey All Just ended week 4! Gonna Veg one more week for optimum bush! Then switch over to 12/12. I can't believe its already getting to be that time. Very cool.

Did a 3 gallon water-only add-back to my rez. pH has been steady at 5-8 to 6 (dropper tester always the same yellow color). Temps are from 60 to 68. Humidity has been 20% - 40%. (not great)

I took these pictures differently. I pulled the girls off the stand and shot them from different angles. I put a ruler in for reference in a few. The shots aren't great...my camera skillz are the suck, but they get the message across I think.

This lady I am calling Plant A because she was placed in Position A on Day 1.

Good shot of the stem...you can see it is bent like a MF...
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_28_Plant_A_001.jpg

These are different angles of the plant (front, right, left, back) with a ruler for reference...Plant A is about 8" tall...
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_28_Plant_A_002.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_28_Plant_A_003.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_28_Plant_A_004.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_28_Plant_A_005.jpg

This is a good shot showing the stem bent over and the side branches...
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_28_Plant_A_006.jpg

And here are some shots of Plant B...

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_28_Plant_B_001.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_28_Plant_B_002.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_28_Plant_B_003.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_28_Plant_B_004.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_28_Plant_B_005.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_28_Plant_B_006.jpg

And finally Plant C...

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_28_Plant_C_001.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_28_Plant_C_002.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_28_Plant_C_003.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_28_Plant_C_004.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_28_Plant_C_005.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_28_Plant_C_006.jpg

Well there's the ladies on Day 28. I think they are doing good. I could go into flower, but I want one more week to level up some of the side branches. Then its 12/12 W00T! Thanks to all for watching.

L8ER

I think you do just fine on your photography, plants are looking fabulous man. Bet you are pretty happy. :goodjob:

+rep

BTW I see your plants live in your computer graveyard. ;)

Your plants are looking great mate :goodjob:

Your photography looks just fine, only thing that could be fixed is that if you are taking pics with the grow ligth to the side i'd try and block it with a cardboard sheet or something so you get a more even ligthing when you take the picture.

Your plants are what, 20cm high now ? You are in for a treat once you start flower :slide:

Trying to catch up after a break from 420 for the holidays. Your plants look amazing. Love the time line it really show how fast those plants are growing, Very nice and health, great job and hope you had a great New years..

Another week of veg will do you right! They look like they are at that stage where they start to shoot up quickly. One more week will mean much bigger buds too. Nice work Grooster.

Awesome progress. I hesitate to make any comments cause you're doing so well. But...

In answer to your "what to add to help bloom" question - Three that I know work well with your setup are Sweet, Gravity, or Molasses. All at about the same 1-2 tbs /g I think. They all go in somewhere between 3-4 weeks before the end. Gravity warns you to cut back on nutes when you first try it and I would follow their advice.

And as far as the wilting and the watering setup. I think your plants look healthy. But if you want to try something, I would try increasing your watering times to like 20min or half hour every hour and a half when the lights are on and once at night. I had the exact same symptoms when I first started clay. Don't worry about flooding the roots too much with clay - it WILL dry and provide enough O2. I know you have some layers under it but I would think they would drain as well. And when you increase the amt you cut back on ppm - which I can't quite tell but it looks like you have a tiiiiny bit of tip burn, so cutting back on the level of nutes might be a good thing. Or might just be a problem for the flush

Your plants are so nice and bushy. Take caution in messing with stuff - cause you're clearly doing things right. But I would increase the amt of water. And if you have not used something like Clearex to flush them every once in a while - I would check into that. Seems to make my plants love me when they're a little droopy.

Congrats on great stuff so far.

Hey Thanks for the kind words Whiskey! I might check out Gravity although I think it might be a discontinued product...But definitely gonna add something to plump up the buds. GH Sweeteners seem cool, I'll see whats available locally, still have plenty of time for that though.

As for the watering...are you familiar with bato-buckets (dutch pots). They are a little different than your usual pots in that they always leave a little solution (or water) in the bottom of the bucket to act as a mini-reservoir. So in my buckets I have a layer of river rock (for drainage) and then a 50/50 mix of coco-coir and perlite. Then a thin layer of clay balls on the top. I guess this setup is almost acting like a DWC in that the roots can dip down into the rez and get a drink anytime while some roots will remain in the coco medium which will flood and drain. With all that said, every cycle floods the coco and recycles the mini-rez with fresh nute solution.

So with all that in mind I am not sure upping the cycle will help. I was thinking mebbe I needed to do fewer floods per day. Right now I am doing three per day. 8am 2pm 8pm. Was thinking of cutting out one in the middle but not sure it would matter since there is a mini-reservoir in each pot. I guess if its not broken don't try to fix it. I think my best course of action is to watch and wait. If it worsens then I will take action. Otherwise, I think all is still well.

Thanks again for the well thought out post I appreciate you taking the time to share a bit of your experience. Stay green brother!

L8ER

I think you do just fine on your photography, plants are looking fabulous man. Bet you are pretty happy. :goodjob:

+rep

BTW I see your plants live in your computer graveyard. ;)

Haha yea my PC Graveyard!! True that.. Thanks for reps and kind words!

Your plants are looking great mate :goodjob:

Your photography looks just fine, only thing that could be fixed is that if you are taking pics with the grow ligth to the side i'd try and block it with a cardboard sheet or something so you get a more even ligthing when you take the picture.

Your plants are what, 20cm high now ? You are in for a treat once you start flower :slide:

Hey Stakkur!! Yea about 20cm (dang metric system). Should be some bushy beasties by bloom stretch. Double in size mebbe? Good tip on the photography I'll put some cardboard up next time.

Trying to catch up after a break from 420 for the holidays. Your plants look amazing. Love the time line it really show how fast those plants are growing, Very nice and health, great job and hope you had a great New years..

Sonzor, I know what you mean I have a grip of threads to catch up on ehheh. Oh well, I sure don't mind reading up on grows and such while a wee bit medicated. Had a great New Years hope you did as well and thanks for stopping by.

Another week of veg will do you right! They look like they are at that stage where they start to shoot up quickly. One more week will mean much bigger buds too. Nice work Grooster.

Thanks OBX, I think the extra week will be worth it in the end. Let the girls get strong like the ox!

Thanks all for checking out the grow and for your sagely advice and encouragement.

L8ER

I can't wait to see those frosty AK nuggets......hurry would ya! :ganjamon:

This has to be the fun I have ever had that goes this slow.

I chopped 3 of my girls tonight, I watered them with a cup of water 5 days ago and they still weight about the same, they weren't dying anymore but weren't growing either. I figure they have totally stopped growing so I harvested them..way early, but you know early bud is bud and any bud is better than none. :ganjamon: it is totally zippy the pinhead I am sure.

I just know I will forgive myself someday...:peace:

Very awesome. Keep it up.

Thanks WP! Not nearly as high-tech as your set-up but its getting it done hehe.

I can't wait to see those frosty AK nuggets......hurry would ya! :ganjamon:

This has to be the fun I have ever had that goes this slow.

Frosty NUGS!!! Yes, I pray to the Ganja Gods...Give me Frosty NUGS! PLEEB!

I know what you mean its slow going but you have a lot of fun along the way. I guess it helps to post about it, gives you a little more 'immersion' if you will.

I chopped 3 of my girls tonight, I watered them with a cup of water 5 days ago and they still weight about the same, they weren't dying anymore but weren't growing either. I figure they have totally stopped growing so I harvested them..way early, but you know early bud is bud and any bud is better than none. :ganjamon: it is totally zippy the pinhead I am sure.

I just know I will forgive myself someday...:peace:

Yeps, bud is bud. But, good bud is better bud! I would have done the same thing brother. I am hoping to have patience when I see yummy nugs forming. Note to self: DON'T TOUCH!

Here are a few pics I took after the lights went out. These are at Day 30...

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_30_001.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_30_002.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_30_003.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_30_004.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_30_005.jpg

Awesome job so far man, those clones really exploded into beautiful bushes. I like your setup, very simple, yet extremely effective.

Thanks TheCrimsonK! I will be checking out your current grow. See whats going on over there!

Looking great Grooster! :cheer: +rep and 5 stars for you, me bucko!

:peace:

LabRat you are far too kind...but thanks!

WOW bro those are filling out nicely..:goodjob: my friend!!

Thanks MI-grower !!

Ladies are filling out nicely Grooster. Well done with the training :smokin:
Getting excited to see some bud action on yer plants! 5 stars from me too! :Rasta:

Thanks Kailpot!!

nice lil SOG. Going +reps if i can

Thanks Butcher!!

I really like how those are looking, doing great on your first grow!

:goodjob:wish I could rep you again.

Thanks MountainHigh!!

You guys are all so supportive. I really appreciate the kind words and helpful suggestions I get. I will keep the updates coming. Things should be getting a wee bit more interesting in the coming weeks. Bud production will begin on Tuesday. I have the tent on order.48X48X78 and it should arrive on Monday.

I will take pics of the girls in their flower tent as soon as I get it all together. Its gonna change my atmospheric variables quite a bit I imagine. I have already been researching my carbon scrubber (thanks Munki) for odor control. I will have to see what the temp and humids do in the new enclosure. I expect them to rise but hopefully not too much.

Again, thanks to all for your comments and support!! Stay Green!

L8ER

Back
Top Bottom