Group Flip - May 10 2017 - Different Grows - All Welcome!

The entire journal is dedicated to the group flip, not all of us are on the same time line but snarly and Vesp had the great idea to document many different flips with different lights, nutes, soils etc. To help out anyone with any questions they may have or just for anybody with a great thirst for knowledge like we have!
Great idea ! Thanks guys.

Sorry those gifs didn't work out how I planned lol
Look at these babies instead lol- I'm 35 days ahead of y'all
420-magazine-mobile1870811915.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1322281024.jpg
420-magazine-mobile534609659.jpg
420-magazine-mobile204059189.jpg
420-magazine-mobile981020057.jpg

Hit a small lock out earlier in the week - the dam pots I used didn't have enough drainage I think - so I drilled a bunch a damn holes in the sides today lol

PH going in is 7 ish , coming out im getting 6.5 - sometimes I think I need a new meter ....
But yah there were a few holes in the bottom I put some in the sides - and flushed again today ...
Anyway this thread ain't about me !! Lol

PH going in is 7 ish , coming out im getting 6.5 - sometimes I think I need a new meter ....
But yah there were a few holes in the bottom I put some in the sides - and flushed again today ...
this thread is about all of us! That's the whole point! I was having the same issue early on and my girl was getting root bound on top of it, so I'll give you the same advice kingjoe gave me, lower the ph going in to about 6.5 ph. I did that and haven't had any problems since, shes actually been growing like a weed (no pun intended).

Right on - I may try that next watering ...
Specifically a Cal lock out or maybe just deficiency
It happened right when I got control of the humidity it seemed

Right on - I may try that next watering ...
Specifically a Cal lock out or maybe just deficiency
It happened right when I got control of the humidity it seemed
You know what they say, when it rains it pours lol but it's definitely something that can be figured out and fixed! Happy growing man and keep us updated!

Also i should have asked do you calibrate your ph pen? Even the most expensive need to be calibrated.

Also i should have asked do you calibrate your ph pen? Even the most expensive need to be calibrated.

Hey Leo - I got mine second hand so I think I'm gonna try and find one today - buuut
I think it's those pots because- the two that ARENT in that style pot are showing absolutely no signs of any issues
All being fed same water & nutes

Okay... onto greener news~

I know I haven't seen the girls in what seems like ages, but growth is quite noticeable~

420-magazine-mobile69805619.jpg

Claudette grew 3" & is now 23"
420-magazine-mobile1760376627.jpg
420-magazine-mobile335437065.jpg

Matilda is the stretch queen as she grew 4" to be level with C at 24"
420-magazine-mobile43642559.jpg

Glodean grew 2" & is now 17" tall
420-magazine-mobile1241347060.jpg

My mutant Jean Gray stands at 16" (grew 4")
420-magazine-mobile1867992905.jpg

And baby Jubilee is 14" (2" taller)
420-magazine-mobile2023613006.jpg

The flippin' 36 hours of darkness will stay in my repertoire~

I know I haven't seen the girls in what seems like ages, but growth is quite noticeable~

The flippin' 36 hours of darkness will stay in my repertoire~
Wow those are looking great, yours started stretching immediately! During veg i wondered why people would want such tight node spacing, because i just couldn't understand how light would reach the insides of such a bushy plant, but now that i see the stretch i understand it. I'm definitely gonna try that 36 hours of dark on my next grow!

The flippin' 36 hours of darkness will stay in my repertoire~ ...

They look great vespertine ... maybe I will try that my next grow .

Lol i heard it in a kind of thugged out southern accent...think gucci man .

Yeap, pretty much. I am a Big fan of "Hustle and FLow" Movie, Dude said Mayne 221times, lol.

Thanks for the welcome,

Going to flip in 10 days. Going to start bloom cycle this next res change.(sat)then flip on the 20th.

These are the 2,
One is a 4inch rockwool cube, with KindSoil and OceanForest, water only with recharge, in 100 oz container. It was a test run for a perpetual grow study, with the kindsoil, height and to understand this light setup a bit more. The roots on it are insane. I put it in a clear container to see what the roots look like with the Recharge, supposed to be magical. lol. But from what I seen thus far, WOW. Ill get a pic of them. She is a seed from some good bag seed, that was then femed to get seeds from, so have about 20, .. Looks like Skywalker, but not sure. Im sure it will tap out the kindsoil before it finishes, so I might have to figure something out when get to that point. Popped seed on April 1st, so in veg for 41 days. Was slow start because I didnt prenute the rockwool cube so it didnt get nutes till it really hit the kindsoil. Im not doing any manipulation to these. No training, minor pruning. Want to maybe figure out genetics by not touching and letting develop naturally.

DWC is FoxFarm Trio, and will add the others when needed. ( open sesame, beastie bloomz, chaching) but wont be using kangaroots or brew because Im using Recharge. maybe im wrong on that, idk..lol Will flip on the 20th of May. She is 15 days from seed, and by the looks of it, its going to be a monster. Ive never seen that much growth in 15 days from poppin its shell, dwc rocks, lol.. Not sure the strain, but it could be Blue Dream, Deathstar, Jack or Berry White. I seen a video of 12/12 from seed in DWC and it was a beast. So im thinking might be a good time to start flower sooner then later in a 2x2.

The lights, are Mars 300w modded with 120degree lenses. Have 2 of them. Par at 18 inches is 1450ish, so have these 39 inches from light. From my calculations and by using my hacked Lux meter, Im getting 620 Par at 39 inches, with 450 average over this height. Probably wrong, but seems close enough to get a general idea of the power of this light setup. Thinking of adding 2 50W 5000k Cobs on each side, and adding a diffuser to spread the light better, like a greenhouse effect. Its all experimental. Main mission is to grow vegetables in another tent with same setup down the road. So watts is important, and If I can get 1800 watts eq off 260, Ill be happy with that. Again, just learning this setup. Oh, also adding 760nm for flower initiation like growmouse suggests.

OK, sorry for ramblin, but just wanted to give everyone an idea whats going on before hand,..

dwc2.png

squiggy5-10-5.png

Thanks guys & gal (good to have another female on board megsy~)... I was worried that with the lights off for so long that the humidity would get super high but I think the stretch helped with condensation~ there were no droplets like a regular overnight and the rh max was 67% (38% min) during the extended dark period. I was also worried the temperature would dip way low, but minimum temp was 63.7° & maxed out at 73.2°. I've been very blessed to have a fairly self regulating grow space~

Back
Top Bottom