Grow #2

Ok give it a day then flowering nutrients with no nitrogen.
okay, since they've dried up already and need watering daily ill probably flush them this watering tonight then let them sit over night and feed them tomorrow evening then, just to ensure I did a good solid flush. And okay i have some bloom food thats a (2-8-6) for cannabis (which is wnat i have been using, the dr bee green trees) and also a (0-10-10) generic bulb bloom food at the garden store. Ill switch to the (0-10-10) for my next feeding I think instead if I should avoid N right now.

Time to pluck all leaves with severe bug damage get rid of some of those eggs they are laying.
Yes i agree, I've been sprayign with an organic pestacide daily for 4 days now they have significantly been reduced thankfully. (Planning on doing a bud wash this year too) getting ready to flush them now. And gonna switch to the no nitrogen bulb bloom food (instead of the "low" nitrogen) tomorrow.

Again thank you very much for you reply and input. Jusy having someone to bounce thoughts off of has made me feel significantly better. Thank you :)

So here in central California, we are getting sever heat wave notices. Upwards of 110 to 113° this week. (Ouch, im ready for October already lol)

So I decided that I didn't want to chance them in early flower to get heat stress. Soooo. . . .I made them there own little sun shade awning thing.

Long story short a bunch of 1inch PVC pipe and my sun shade screen from last year was just the right size to make a nice little shader for the plants. I attached it to the pallets so that way the frame is secure too. I was shooting for just a little bit of extra shade, not tryna block out all dorect sunlight just enough to give a slight buffer from the heat.

I flushed the ever living heck put of my troublesome blue dream ( I found a squirel this morning digging in the pot of said blue dream, had to break out the airsoft gun and the hose as a deterant lol) and am getting ready to give them a heafty feeding tonight when the temp gets closer to 85°F outside (or around 830pm to 9pm) and will get to test my EC/TDS meter.

I'm shooting for an EC around 1 after the runoff (still figuring out ppm cause i have 2 conversion factors of .5 and .7 and they give different answers so i decided to just go off EC and do the math myself lol, tends to be more consistent. (Using a hanna gro line HI98318 TDS/EC meter from growbiz)

Here's som pictures of my kinda handy work. Hope you enjoy.

20200815_104506.jpg
20200815_104500.jpg

Thanks for reading and happy growing!
-Zach

Alrighty!!! Good evening everybody!!

So today has been a productive day for my plants. I got their sunshade built and I got them fed and watered up real good!!

So my first mistake. I completely miscalculated the surface area of each pot and under fed SIGNIFICANTLY!!! I originally calculated just under 2 square feed surface area per plant when it was closer to 4! Which means I fed 1/5 of a cup when it ended up taking closer to 3/4 to 1 cup.

I also got to test out my new TDS/EC meter. I started with my deficient blue dream. I added just under half a cup of nuets then watered em in and took a reading of the first signs of run off. I was getting an EC of about 0.8 so I then added another 2/10ths of a cup and measured and only got .3 HOWEVER!!! I added the same amount of nuets to each plant and all of their readings came back as 1.5 to 1.2 which is what im lookong for in my run off as im want the before runoff to be close to 1.7 to 1.8 but its hard to measure it in dry neuts so im doing a bit of guesstimating. When I water again tomorrow evening ill recheck the EC and if its still low even after adding a bit more after its first feeding today ill add more till I see the min of 1.2 im looking for in my run off.

20200815_165409.jpg
20200815_104506.jpg

Hope this information has helped somebody out there, I must say this EC/TDS meter makes a big difference!!! It takes out a lot of the guess work when it comes to feeding the plants. Totally worth the 65$ if you don't have one and youre having trouble telling weather or not your plants have enough food id recommending picking one up. (Will admit there was a slight learning curve when it came to understanding what everything meant in relation to each other and all the different coefficient factors and things, but once you understand it a little bit, its a very useful tool)

Thansk for reading, and happy growing.

-Zach

Update:

I watered the plants again today and measured their runoff. Despite all the fertalizer I gave them yesterday day the EC of my run off for the blue dreams were about 0.60, the dogwalker og (not flowering as heavy) 1.2 and the blue cookies was around a 0.8 they must of been needing that fertalizer.

Must say that the blue dream is looking darker which is a good sign. Im going to continue to monitor the EC with every watering and once they reach below .5 to .6 weather the week is up or not im going to fertalize again. My goal for the runoff right now is about 1.2 at the peak and lowest of .5 ish, idk if those numbers are idea but thats what im going for for now based off my research and will adjust accordingly depending on plant symptoms.

-Zach

Grow update!

So I watered my babies and took my readings again today. The blue dreams were a lot lower than I expected. Run off EC of about .4 so tomorrow im gonna add some more fertalizer and water it in again.

I must say the plantnis looking much better, its darkening back up, and looks like the discoloration has stopped spreading and is now back on it flowering grind.

I must say though the discoloration of the leaves that were effected by what I presume was a mix of potassium and magnesium does look kind of cool now that I'm not as worried about the life of the plant. Its so ubrupt and almost looks like a highlighter. Quite the cool learning experience I must say.

Here's some pictures of the plants after the fact and some close up of the forming buds and the cool leaf discoloration effect.

20200818_194201.jpg
20200818_194154.jpg
20200818_194134.jpg
20200818_194126.jpg
20200818_194122.jpg
20200818_194119.jpg
20200818_194116.jpg
20200818_194111.jpg

I havent picked off all the damaged leaves yet because they're still in decent condition and am not trying to stress them out to much in flower. I do pick off and few here and there on the daily though.

And as for watwring. I use my hose at about ph of 8 roughly maybe 7.9ish, but I basically run the hose at low pressure till it starts to drip out the bottom. Once it does I stop and move on to the next plant, the plants are getting water daily.

I've been unable to spray my pestacides this week due to temperatures not dropping below 80° F even at night. However at 4 am tomorrow morjing it will be 78° and I think that's the closest ima get so im going to wake up early and spray them then for good measures.

-Zach

So I had to re fertalize the plants again Thursday, they made it almost the whole week without needing another extra boost.

However the blue dreams are really starting to pack on those buds! :D with the plants needing water pretty much daily and with them being the size the thicccness they're at, the fertilization recommendations on the bucket are greatly "exagerated" on my end. Meaning that they say to give about 0.4 of a cup to each plant once a week, my reality (to keep an EC close to 1.8) is a full cup about every 4 days lol.

On a brighter note, my trouble child (aka my far left blue dream) is coming back strong with the bud production and the leaves are looking better and better each day.

The dogwalker OG is the slowest of the bunch when it comes to flowering. It doesn't look deficient in anything really but just quite hasn't flipped to that same kind if heavy bud production phase of the other 3. But im assuming its just the strain style :)

I've gotten to the point where I'm trying to keep the EC around estimated 1.8 - 2.0 in with runoff around 1.7 -1.5 (can't measure the in cause im using dry amendments, so i only measure runoff) but to keep it there it turns into having to add a little bit every couple days instead of just one big feeding once a week. So im gonna get them up to 1.5 run off and then try to add small amounts daily or every other day to keep it there for compensation for the runoff washing out some of the nutes.

But here's some pictures of the buds forming, and those gorgeous tricomes forming already. Still about a month of flowering to go!!

(Little white specs are ash from near by fires in California)

20200822_174545.jpg
20200822_174350.jpg
20200822_174309.jpg
20200822_174232.jpg
20200822_174219.jpg
20200822_174103.jpg
20200822_174129.jpg

Thanks for reading, and happy growing!

-Zach

Back
Top Bottom