Grow in progress - New problem need help

wYltWmbl.jpg

here's a rather well used plant sickness chart. it breaks each sickness down to early/ middle /late stage sickness. it's gotta be one of N P K Mg [a mobile element, not an immobile] and then possibly if it's caused by a pH issue other immobile elements [Fe Ca Zn etc] get blocked once the main mobile elements get locked out causing even more issues.

I still don't have enough experience to [accurately] diagnose but if you understand the way the plant up takes elements, and you control what you're putting in, should be a little easier then a shot in the dark.

LEDs tend to have Ca/Mg issues and people tend to almost double the recommended amount of Ca/Mg when the plant gets larger. Not saying you should do this but note Ca is an immobile and would[should] only really affect new growth. a mobile element can create issues all throughout the plant. But as I said earlier if mobile elements are wacky immobile elements become even more non existent, due to lock out.

[mobile elements can go up and down the plant....immobile stays in new growth once it is sucked/pushed up into the plants new growth, ie. immobile]

Hope this makes sense and kinda helps. lol. :goodjob:

You said you weren't using nutes - just distilled water. What is the soil?
When I hear purple, I think 'P' deficiency. Dunno.

So what do you think of this? Just switched this one to flower. Left her in the dark for 3 days and tonight the lights came back on and she's bright yellow in the middle of the new growth

20160526_222353.jpg
20160526_222419.jpg

I think I won't leave a plant in the dark for three days. No photosynthesis is possible and it provides no benefit.

I guess I'm not in that much of a hurry. I'd rather the plant stay as healthy as possible and not introduce possible stress at that critical time.
If it works for you, I'd keep doing it, too. We all find a growing path, and if successful, we tend to keep following it.
How much does it speed up to flip? Mine usually take about 2 weeks to show flowers - sometimes a little less.

I guess I'm not in that much of a hurry. I'd rather the plant stay as healthy as possible and not introduce possible stress at that critical time.
If it works for you, I'd keep doing it, too. We all find a growing path, and if successful, we tend to keep following it.
How much does it speed up to flip? Mine usually take about 2 weeks to show flowers - sometimes a little less.

Last time I did it it was flowering in 5 days

I have experimented with a dark period of 36 hours before starting 12/12 and have found that it takes about a day and a half to two days off of the transition time to flower. I have also seen a similar advantage to having a dark period at the very end to trick the plants into thinking it is the end of the world.

Regarding your dramatic yellowing in the new growth... this is indicating a strong non-mobile nutrient deficiency. It looks like iron, but without adjusting your pH to 6.5 every time you add a fluid to your plants, it is expected that you will have a trace element deficiency.

Start adjusting your pH correctly and a lot of your trouble will go away. You can do either that or go full organic, where pH doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom