Growin outdoors - Scotland

TaylorMade420

any body ever had a successful grow outdoors in scotland, think its possible?? should i even bother trying, or u think it would be a waste of my time and effort

Re: growin outdoors/ scotland

Thats a tough call up in scotland !

I would suggest an indica dominate strain due to their shorter flowering time & would would be incline to grow in a green house or poly tunnel.

Sativa suck in our climate & i'm more south of ya location...

May even go as far as a hybrid strain depending on humidity in ya region to avoid bud rot.

sensiseeds.com /en/feminized-seeds/sensi-seeds/early-skunk-feminised]Feminised Sensi Seeds - Sensi Seeds
Early Skunk Feminised Seeds
Feminized strain
XXL Yield
Cool /Cold
High plant
35% Sativa / 65% Indica

For excellent results and reliable performance, Early Skunk could qualify as the best all-round strain in the Sensi Seed Bank Outdoor collection. Now available as a feminized variety, growers no longer even need to eliminate males at the start of the flowering period. Just like the original, feminized Early Skunk seeds produce tough, fast and amazingly vibrant plants that produce lush, heavy harvests of dank, frosted bud in virtually any climate.
Feminized Early Skunk seeds bring together the bulk and vigour of Skunk #1 and the outdoor hardiness of Early Pearl in a turbo-charged, all-female cannabis hybrid that can grow happily in the garden, on the balcony or in any outdoor location with access to direct sunlight.
Until quite recently, outdoor growers with short summers were unable to grow Skunks and other powerful cannabis hybrids to their full potential. To avoid poor weather at the end of outdoor season - which could cause fungus problems in extra-dense Skunk buds —growers in cool climates were usually forced to harvest their most exotic plants before flowering reached its peak.
Early Skunk was created to address this problem, and has been providing northern growers with the perfect solution to their dilemma ever since. The influence of the Early Pearl parent allows Early Skunk to finish weeks earlier than Skunk#1 and greatly increases the strain´s resistance to mould and fungus. The release of this superb outdoor hybrid as a reliable, uniform, feminized strain is the last step in perfecting Early Skunk — she´s potent, productive, hardy, easy to grow and now carries no risk of producing male plants!
Indica features dominate the growth pattern of feminized Early Skunk, giving her a solid, resin-encrusted flower formation and massive yields. Early Skunk´s Sativa side causes extra ´run´ in her thick arms of bud, and is much more noticeable when sampled - imparting a smooth, buoyant high which blends with and lifts the warm, powerful Skunk stone, carrying it to new and interesting places.

Well give her a shot imo.

The worst that can happen is it does not work, or police get ya I guess that is the worst...

But yeah a short flowering mold resistant plant could make it feasible.

looked into poly tunnels an imo opinion its not really gonna be stealthy ill start some seedlings in doors and take em out about the end of april half way through may plant em and maybe check em fortnightly

its about 50m from a river but surrounded with trees, used to go to a lil spot not far fromit to drink when i was younger, it was a little nature trail through a farmers land but hes pulled down the 2 bridges which used to access it so onlyway to it is to wade through water but i know where all the shallow bits are as i used to fish it when i was younger, so waters accessible and area is surrounded by trees so high winds shouldnt be a problem either, ill get some pics up of area once its a bit better weather

If growing out doors... it maybe best to know what your local soil type is as in PH value, clay based, sandy etc to see whether it may require amendments for better growing conditions... :thumb:

Now from what i remember of Bonnie Scotland its that its the land of heather (small shrub) & that particular shrub happens to like acid soils... so if thats growing around lots ya may well want to lime your planting holes to improve PH of soil !

You also mention woods... if the wood happens to be dense you may find well rotted leaf matter under the first couple of inches of leaf litter... happens to be a a reasonable good compost :thumb:

Well rotted leaf matter can be applyed to to your planting hole/soil mix to which it has low base NPK value maybe some trace micro nutrients also & that it can be used as a mulch around the base of the plants !

Mulches can help retain moisture levels in the soil during the dry months in the summer... if their is such a thing in Scotland :love:

So ye thats some pro tips from a southern gardner & ye i'm a gardener by trade !

I would also like to take the time of mentioning ideal location of growing sites !

Like many sun loving plants e.g grapes/fig trees & MJ etc is that thy may need an ideal planting location to help ripen said produce/fruit etc !

To which a north facing location is considored optimal, now that really means the north face of the location is facing south & if the other way around you would get a massive shadowing effect which is not very good for ripening !

Please bear in mind that the sun comes up in the east and settles in the west so growing location is very important to obtain best conditions :thumb:

ok for growing in cold climates i reccomend digging a farly deep trench, building a super deep coldbox and packing the gap between the cold box and the mud with straw for insulation, you could run power lines from the house in the trench by stealth for humidity temp and wind movement control and when all put together it can look as innocent as this but be several feet deep, you just use stands to keep the tops of the plant near the top of the grow room untill they get bigger.

coldbox.jpeg

as to strain, you definatly want to think about something with ruderalis in it as they thrive in harsh conditions, autos are good when you have no control over light hours. look for 'high altitude' strains that may have been crossed with ruderalis, this will give you a very good plant for the climat and at the very least it would be good parent stock to use to harden off the strain for a few generations....if you really want to grow in your exact location your going to have to breed something that was born there and survives ;)

Fuzzy, are you in the Southern hemisphere? Because where I'm at, South facing slopes get the most sun.

Northen hemisphere.

But as GiG mention.

it was just tricky grammar there. i believe he meant like this.

if you have a garden with walls. you want to plant against the north wall so that you get maximum amount of light from the sun when its in the east, south and west. =)

Cheers GiG for helping to explain... tricky thing to do at times & all about the use of grammer with the correct wording :peace:

Back
Top Bottom