Growing A Legend: An Auto Tribute To Jack Herer

Well I think he probably went back to his old ways......he just struck me that way.
You can tell that in a person quite often.

Just bought a quarter of weed and holy shit, I got a half a joint smoked and it got me wasted with a major heavy-duty body stone. My muscles are super relaxed and the only pain I feel is a mild ache in my feet. I'd love to know what kind it is.

Sounds like good night meds.....I tend to like Sativas in the day. Durban Poison is one of my favs.....literally no come down.
I think it'll keep me calm now. This is damn good stuff!

Morning Blew and everyone. Guy and Other Guy are on their way; I would imagine they're somewhere in the far side (their near side) of Quebec by now. I got a thread started to keep everyone up on things. You can find it here Fly and Guy Take a Weekend to Blow Off a Bit of Steam - Vacation Time in April in The Maritimes .

There's not much to it yet but I'm gonna shoot Guy a text to make sure he gets pictures along the way to post. I got the batteries in my camera charged now so I'm ready there. I don't have much to take pictures of yet but that will come in time.

Here's my competition JHa - in the background haw haw haw! The one in front is the JHa I planted three weeks before

This is my G-13 that's growing way beyond my expectations. Definitely switch to 12/12 to get it determined. I have two G=13s and three ATFs on the go plus a couple more photos, so I could even put them to bud and seed; other than the one JHa, there's not much there in the line of autos that are really of any consequence. The stalk on this thing is like a pencil, and the branches are tied down now (and in doing so I broke one off so I shoved it in a pot). I got it topped and the tip of it is a little ragged

Here's a bagseed plant which is doing right nice too. It loves the light from those LEDs, I topped this one yesterday.

And here are some baby ATFs and bagseeds that are doing good. I started them with the light a little too far away, so the lower stalk is a little stringy. Some of these have been topped as well

So that's not a comprehensive overview but it's the ones that caught my interest today. We're quickly losing the snow and soon after that I'm hoping it will warm up soon. Middle of May last year I had a White Widow outdoors and it survived a frost already. I should try putting one in the porch to acclimate it just to see how it makes out.

No, they look droopy because of something I did. When the branches were just starting out I pulled the fan leaves together with wire to give the new branches some light. You just see where the leaflets grew and got crumpled a bit. It's in an airpot so I'm not expecting it to get rootbound. It's the best one in the growroom, actually.

No, they look droopy because of something I did. When the branches were just starting out I pulled the fan leaves together with wire to give the new branches some light. You just see where the leaflets grew and got crumpled a bit. It's in an airpot so I'm not expecting it to get rootbound. It's the best one in the growroom, actually.
Are the airpots your old soil? There's definitely an old-soil-droop going on with those plants that isn't with the new ones.

oh ok ... i didnt see the airpot... sry hehe
I didn't think it out; it's going to be hard to get it out if there when I bring it outside. I think I'm going to get a good haul off it though, if it's a female. If it's a male, I'll try for some hybrid vigor.

Are the airpots your old soil? There's definitely an old-soil-droop going on with those plants that isn't with the new ones.
Nope, brand new soil, and Miracle Gro until it goes outside or wherever haha.

Well the time has come to prop this little thing up to the light. Mine isn't trying to flower as much as the rest of y'alls, plus it's getting crowded by the other plants. So I went to flip a bucket upside down and set it on top... Well shit, the bucket is too wide for my run-off tray. Back to the drawing board I guess... Someone mentioned a cinder block. Seems like it would probably be about the same height as putting it on a 5 gal bucket.

Any other ideas? I'm not really sure what I have around.

Kind of got me thinking about what makes auto flowers decide when it's time to flower over our photo-period plants. It must be similar to the whole "growing degree days" of fruit species? Basically it's like, once the plant has had enough days of good growing temperature, that's when it decides it can flower. Maybe you could prolong the vegetative phase by keeping temperatures low.

Well the time has come to prop this little thing up to the light. Mine isn't trying to flower as much as the rest of y'alls, plus it's getting crowded by the other plants. So I went to flip a bucket upside down and set it on top... Well shit, the bucket is too wide for my run-off tray. Back to the drawing board I guess... Someone mentioned a cinder block. Seems like it would probably be about the same height as putting it on a 5 gal bucket.

Any other ideas? I'm not really sure what I have around.

Kind of got me thinking about what makes auto flowers decide when it's time to flower over our photo-period plants. It must be similar to the whole "growing degree days" of fruit species? Basically it's like, once the plant has had enough days of good growing temperature, that's when it decides it can flower. Maybe you could prolong the vegetative phase by keeping temperatures low.
autos only start flowering by age no other factor can change that, keeping them cooler will just slow growth resulting in a smaller plant when it shifts to flower, it is all genetics ... every strain ( read: mix of genes) has a different trigger age

Back
Top Bottom