Growone Indica - Juicysoil - Northernlights Back - Crossed With Afghani Ancester

A few new pics..

we are entering week 4 of flowering.
thx everybody for takin a peek:peace:
20111026_014.jpg
20111026_013.jpg
20111026_012.jpg
20111026_001.jpg

You could seriously take the nutrients up, just keep increasing gradually or to what you think or feel is enough.
Keep an eye on the largerst fanleaves. They can reach their full potential, which is pretty big or long for most strains. Watch the leaf stems, growing thicker and more greenish. And best of all, smell the plants/flower. The flower smell should overtake the vegetative smell, more an more.
Also keep an eye on resin production, which goes hand in hand with flower smell.

For good resin and flower production, leaf, stems, leaf-stems they'll need a lot.
In this period of flowering can hardly overfeed them. This the period when they'll buffer everything for the latter part of flowering, not for you, for them, the more energy they can store the more surviving chance they'll have.
After and during you're 5th week they'll start stressing about the fact they can't reproduce themselves despite them growing huges flowers, they'll put that buffered energy in growing even more buds.
The resin part is mostly produced to protect against environment, so giving them enough wind helps with resin production.
After the 5th week, you should at least lower nutrients, i give only water for about 2,5 weeks or more.

Thx alot for the great info bro :high-five:
Ive been holding back on nutrients, i was afraid to overfeed em.. Since its my first grow with this strain and first indoors with soil.. i got my ph n ec meters, ive kept it reasonble low on nutes in fear of burns.. But i feel you, sounds kind of logic the way you explain it!
Ill give it a little more nutes, thanks for the advice my man.

I´ve just sprayed the entire grow, with the rosemary oil mixture, (1drop of dishwash soap, 3ml rosemaryoil and water in a 32 oz spraybottle) ShakeNbake ;)

Cant wait too see the affects later today..
I laid wondering this morning, when the mix consist of oil, there must be a thin layer of oil on the leaves, probarly not a good idea to set them directly under the hot lights str8 away, as the oil could get very hot before being absorbed by the plant.. Gee, i dont hope ive burned the hell out of em. there where a hour to lights out after the spraydown. Why didnt i think of this before? #¤!!"#!!
Well, i´ll send a prayer too my grow, hope for the best and hit the bong:roorrip::peace:

Just start raising slowly, and be sure it are flowering nutrients you're adding. Adding a bit more phosphorous can help also in this stage, for flowering and resin production.

Compare higher and lower fan leaves of one plant, pull them side by side, and look at differences, like color darkness, intervenial colors, vein thickness, leaf thickness, and light spots on lower leaves (often close to veins, intervenial chlorosis).
You can get the lower leaves almost as healthy as the upper leaves.

During flowering the plant will put most of its energy into budding. I experienced, when in the first 3 weeks of flowering adding very little nutrients, started a bit too late, the plants were going into or were already into storage mode. Metabolism of the plants was changing due too little nutrients, it was saving her energy for later.
What happens and often without comparing week to week photo's, the plant will turn lighter all over, it happens slowly, that's why it's good to compare week to week.
You can get the leaves as dark as their full potential.
So it's saving energy all over the plant, it will besides that, transport most of the N to upper leaves, which makes you think they have enough, but they are transporting highly mobile N, mostly for other nutrients, very often fro mobile P from the lower leaves.

What happened in my situation, when i finally noticed, i start adding more, one/two days later, the plants even transported more nutrients from lower leaves upwards, it was going out of storage mode because it found nutrients in soil again.
After that, i started raising severely, think about 10 to 20 times the amount i was adding, starting with about 5 times, within week or more.
An average indication how much nutrients these plants cost me, about at least a gallon for 5 plants under 600W HPS (Depends on what you are using, some are a bit more concentrated in the NPK main elements than others).

You'll start noticing in 4th or 5th week, the weeks you cant give them enough, the buts arent that big yet, but they are already getting very heavy. that's the resin building up inside the buds. Resin is for protection, healthiness and energy buffer as far as i can think about it.
Compare the large leaves of one plant at different nodes, going on e node lower will often tell you enough.

They thin is the plants look great over there, but they would look even greater within a couple of weeks with heavy buds, and when having no lack of nutrients the plant can finish quite on time. :)

Leaf on the right from same plant, just one node lower, about 8 to 10 cm, quite long internode for the strain (underfeeding probably causing it).

You´re right on my man, i can see thats exactly what is happening. In fact i did notice when the first plant startet turning pale, but didnt act on it, it was is a slighty smaller container than the others, which makes perfect sense, with youre theory in mind.

I´ve up´d the strength of the nutes, following the recommended strength from manufactor now. I´m using Cellmax products. I am using the flowering nutes, and super enzymes. As of last feeding i startet adding extra P-K and flowerstimulater, the stimulater is mostly sugars i guess..
Turnes out, these Nothern girls can take quite a bit more nutes than expectet. ive had some bad experiences following the manufactor recommendations before.. But then again that was hydro, diy dwc, and no experince, just a bad combo i figured, and turned too soil..

Its nice to learn, and im am truly thankfull for your inputs bro ;) -keep em coming..:high-five:

Im not sure i was fast enough to remedy the underfeeding, but with your help it did come a bid faster, :thanks:
Now we´ll just have to wait and see:peace:

OK nice man, glad to help a bit.
But i think i recommended a bit too much, most likely used less here, and that's still bit too much. Think about 2 or to maximum 3 liters on 600W and about 1 liter or a bit more or less on 400W in total.

Looks very nice already. Beware of the extra K in the diet, normally don't give that much extra on top of flowering nutrients, usually from 4th to 5th week should be ok with K. Extra P is good starting from flowering on, it literally makes everything bigger, and usually stickier, but beware it should not be too sticky unnaturally.

If you've given them enough you can stop 3 weeks before harvest. But that's up too you, can advise at least lowering them, about 2 weeks from harvest they will definetely consume less from substrate. Around harvest time consumption is very low. (usually, genetics exceptions)
:ganjamon:

Here are some pic´s of the harvest, i did get rid of a lot of mites before cutting em down..
But there has been some damage though..
I´ve tossed all my new cuttings along with there mothers. Back 2 scratch, will be getting some new seeds soon.
Im plotting on a new setup, it will be fun ;) -Calls for a new journal!
All in all, im okay happy with the results of this first grow of mine!

THANK YOU ALL 420 FELLOW GROWERS/STONERS, WHO HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING ;):adore:

I should be up and running with something new in a couple of months!
C U OUT THERE, Peace out -Juicy!

20111130_002.jpg

20111130_005.jpg

20111128_027.jpg

20111130_020.jpg

20111130_015.jpg

20111130_022.jpg

20111130_011.jpg

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I am reporting this to be moved to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom