Gudyul's Mars Hydro Cup #3 - Bubba Kush - Journal - Jan 2017

gudyul

Greetings all and happy new year 2017. My Bubba Kush clones from Barnie's are taking root as are the Critical Kush. I will start 2 of each under Mars 2-1200 light. THis light has been running for three years. I replaced one driver and a dozen diodes. Easy peezy.

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Bubba Kush and Critical Kush from Barny Farm
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Rooting clones
If in Veg... For how long? Veg for aprox 6 weeks
If in Flower stage... For how long? Aprox 6-8 weeks
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? Peat n coco
If soil... what is in your mix? calcium , sea minerals, soft rock phosphates, perlite, pumis, ground up cannabis leaf
If soil... What size pot? one gallon up potted to three gallon up potted to 7 gallon
Size of light? Mars 2-1200
Is it aircooled? fans and exhuast
Temp of Room/ 85/70
RH of Room/ 60/40
PH of media or res? 6.0 sulphuric acid

first take clones from mothers Dec 20. 2016

IMG_0004_1_1.JPG

Clone dome at 76F for one-two weeks till rooted

IMG_0006_1_6.JPG

Roots starting Jan 1 2017

IMG_0019_1_3.JPG

Any Pests ? Nada
How often are you watering? daily till run-off
Type and strength of ferts used? fish n pro bloom, cal mag, tea, silica

Bubba Kush, on right , rooted first. Critical Kush are just poking out. Prolly let em grow out for a few days then remove the humidity dome. THen let em grow for a week under the t-5 befor putting under the Mars 2 1200. I have such good success cloning under T-5. Not so good under LED. Sara! I love Mars Hydro lighting for the price and results. Please do not disqualify me for using t-5 for clones.

I used ph 6 res water PPM 5.5 half strength nutes. Plan to switch to organic ferts when planted in peat/coco mix next week. Then it is Mars lighting all the way

I like to see some vertical growth before transplanting to pots and Mars hydro LED (love those Mars lights). I'll pick the healthy looking clones and trash the rest. Legally allowed 12 rooted plants over 8 inches tall. 6 mature. Prolly have to trash the moms as well, oh well! Life goes on. With a legal limit on plant numbers I have to be able to cull with no remorse. I prefer to keep within the legal number. Too many years of paranoia and police coercion has taken its toll.

Culled a few moms, they will go into the super soil bin to cook. I was mixing the ancient forest with the chopped leaves and recycled coco/pete et al, added some alfalpha n humic acid n dry sugar beet to the mix...I was dredging n mixing it all up with my fingers and suddenly I felt something. It was my brand new iphone thta had fallen from my packet into the mix. Dang it could have decomposed. So Icontinued to mix it up and what's this? My keys ! WTF! Gotta be more carefull!
IMG_0026_1_3.JPG
IMG_0027_1_3.JPG

THis Critical K clone is rooting out nicely. I may have to switch things up a little as T-5 was ruled out for the contest. I will be taking clones from Tangerine Dream and Critical Cure from Barny Farm and attempt to get them to root under the 1200 , hope they don't cook as temps get up to 85 F in there. I'm not culling the Bubba and the CK journal just yet. Taking clones now will put me behind the Eight ball but by about 3 weeks and no guarantee that they will grow under 1200 intensity.I will try. Maybe the contest will go through April 15th?

IMG_0028_1_1.JPG

Looking very good :) Consider yourself subbed. I'm growing in the Mars cup 3 too

Your cloner looks interesting. Is it just an air-stone?

Looking very good :) Consider yourself subbed. I'm growing in the Mars cup 3 too

Your cloner looks interesting. Is it just an air-stone?

Welcome Deville, It is nice to be subbed. I will bounce over to your journal as well. Should be interesting bouncing around and trying to be polite and competitive as well. Spamming over at the Mars thread may be an issue LOL.

THe cloner is simple , clone dome tray with hole cut for the 1x1 inch rockwool cubes and add air stones

I have been considering to buy a cloner. One of those fancy that will mist your roots. But honestly - your setup seems to work just as well and well - It would save me 150 USD to do it like that.

Do you let the rockwool touch the water or just the clones themselves? I have a few airstones laying around and an airpump I don't use. So I should do something like that.

Regarding the Mars-Hydro cup. I'm not really aiming to win any categories. Only in for the fun :) I kinda want to finish as soon as possible. So I won't do any training. I'm out of buds so the sooner I finish the better. I won't win gram per watt contest - that is for sure. Then I would have to scrog the hell out of them and grow a month extra. Next time!

Welcome Deville, It is nice to be subbed. I will bounce over to your journal as well. Should be interesting bouncing around and trying to be polite and competitive as well. Spamming over at the Mars thread may be an issue LOL.

THe cloner is simple , clone dome tray with hole cut for the 1x1 inch rockwool cubes and add air stones

Back
Top Bottom