Haight Solid State vs. H.G.LED

Re: Hosted Competition - Haight Solid State vs. Hydro Grow LED

Thank you SS - using cal-mag suppliment in the flush is a brilliant idea. Liquid seaweed, hmmm, we shall see!

And BTW, I didn't imagine the cabinet grow to be a side-by-side test with the LED tents - just an interesting sideshow. Any comparisons would be invalid even though I think most of us would be tempted to draw at least a few hypothetical conclusions :) I do hope you'll give us a peek in the cabinet from time to time.

:thanks:

cool bro i will be checkin it
BUT there are a few variables that can drastically effect the whole test, 1 is seed starting i have never had seeds sprout exactly the same time ( i think the mother comment above would be more accurate finding twin cuttings i would think more exact , and an over all grow of the good and bad would paint a much clearer picture of the effectiveness of the fixtures used

I agree that ideally it would be better to have clones from the same mother, but that option just wasn't available to me. I'm glad that we will be able to compare 4 plants, which should provide a general sense of how each light performs.

thanks bro!

I know they are 2 gal square pots but could you provide dimensions. Thanks

They are 7.6 x 7.6 x 9.7 inches and 1.7 gallons to be exact.

thanks kevin!

Great start SS, best of luck. 10 out of 10 that just wonderful bro. I also like ur cab that's pretty sweet as well. I cant wait to watch this grow and see the results for myself. Dude I love 420. So much good information out there. I got to give ya 5 stars ;)
:nicethread:

thanks for the kind words brother!

I love this community too ;).

I'd use that for a couple of moms?? :popcorn::cheer::roorrip:

The thought has crossed my mind :smokin:

Very interesting grow SS. Great looking setup, well equipped grows. I like it. sitting in.

reps and ratings earned, you give good detailed info.
guess I've got to spread the love first.

thank you Mmmmick;), I've learned a lot from reading your posts. Glad you're gonna follow and looking forward to your observations and comments!

Thank you SS - using cal-mag suppliment in the flush is a brilliant idea. Liquid seaweed, hmmm, we shall see!

And BTW, I didn't imagine the cabinet grow to be a side-by-side test with the LED tents - just an interesting sideshow. Any comparisons would be invalid even though I think most of us would be tempted to draw at least a few hypothetical conclusions :) I do hope you'll give us a peek in the cabinet from time to time.

:thanks:

yeah, the liquid seaweed, it's just that when I see something on the nute list of enough nice grows, it makes me curious ;).

not sure what's gonna be disclosed as far as the cab grow as it's not just my call, but I would hope there would be some options.

3 DAYS VEG

IMG_3583_Medium.JPG

IMG_3586_Medium.JPG

IMG_3583_Medium.JPG

IMG_3585_Medium.JPG

IMG_3576_Medium.JPG

things seem to be going OK, but I have developed an irresistable urge to burn patchouli incense and hang Hendrix posters

I get the same effect when straing at mine.

Keep up the great work. Your efforts are a aervice to us all.:thanks:

I will be following closely!

but I have developed an irresistable urge to burn patchouli incense and hang Hendrix posters

Black light days, Huh? :rofl:

I see colors, but what kind? LEDs............:grinjoint:

I get the same effect when straing at mine.

Keep up the great work. Your efforts are a aervice to us all.:thanks:

I will be following closely!

thank you, I appreciate your support and encouragement!

Black light days, Huh? :rofl:

I see colors, but what kind? LEDs............:grinjoint:

maybe a curtain of beads ;)

I do like working around these lights except when it comes to taking pics.

I contacted Haight Solid State in regards to their recommendation for distance from young seedlings and they recommend 12".

In accordance, I have dropped the HSS light down from 16" to 12". The HGL light continues at 12".

The seedlings do not appear to be stretching or getting burned at these distances.

An observation on the HydroGrowLED light:

the cooling fans provide a significant amount of circulation in my tent. Nothing that would strenghthen your plant's stems because they blow upwards, but they do add significant general circulation.

After having lived with these lights for a couple weeks or so, I can say that neither of them are a problem for me as far as noise is concerned, and I'm a picky mofo about noise.

The HSS tent is running about 3 degrees hotter than the HGL tent, which I think is probably due to the 180w versus 126w.

Nice adjustment setting sun ;)

Great work so far man, right down to the professionally printed tags; exemplifying your attention to detail.

+10 Reps

Hey brother grower....looking great so far...can't wait to see how it turns out...will be watching..... :goodjob: set ups look great!

thank you Tunes! I've been hoping to see you ;).

Nice adjustment setting sun ;)

Great work so far man, right down to the professionally printed tags; exemplifying your attention to detail.

+10 Reps

thank you brother!

You've made seedlings look good!! :yummy:
I am definately going to a curry joint today to eat.

LOL!

wish I could go with, I love Indian cuisine.

yep, your poem is now hanging in Bollywood, lol.

Cammie (HGL Rep) asked that we set their light to 6" :surf:

Can do, but I think that may reduce the focus down to where the outside pots might not get enough light.

I think that planting the seeds a bit off-center in the pots would have helped keep the seedlings closer together, but I didn't want to introduce that variable in this grow.

I'll lower it to 6" tonight and post a pic.

thanks for relaying the request Soniq!

OK, per HGL's request, I just lowered their light to 6".

The coverage is still fine at that height, with all of the seedlings getting plenty of light.

I might be able to take some more pics tonight after Mrs. Sun has retired for the evening ;).

I'm surprised 6" doesn't fry them... or at least stunt them. Can't wait to see how the veg progresses! :popcorn:

I'm surprised 6" doesn't fry them... or at least stunt them. Can't wait to see how the veg progresses! :popcorn:

I know.

It goes against all my instincts to place a light that is claimed to be powerful enough to produce nice buds, so close to little baby seedlings.

But, this isn't about my instincts or how I use to do things.

On the other hand, ima go check the babies ;).

Wowz. Incredible detail. Terriffic job. omg :goodjob: setting sun! seriously bro, i just caught up from the last couple days, and ur phenomenal. no question goes unanswered!

you're rockin as grow miestro!:adore:

Back
Top Bottom