Harley's Airpot Grow - White Widow - Liberty Haze & Lucy Under LED

Wednesday will be 45 days in flower and I'm wondering how much defol to do if any. You can see from the pics' the white widows are fairly bushy and they have some nice buds on em maybe 4 " long right now. I'm gonna go gaze at em for a while and see if any inspiration comes to me........:peace:
OMM and a few others get midevil on theirs at day 45 I like just the ones that are blocking light myself.

OMM and a few others get midevil on theirs at day 45 I like just the ones that are blocking light myself.

I think that was a mistake on my last run fishy, my soil is hot, and I think that removal of the foliage gives less of an area for the nutrients to be utilized, and my plants were trying to process the nutes from the soil AND the amendments. You know, another thing is the fact that I am still getting used to this light, plants seem to metabolize differently under different lights. Any how, I'm defoliating as little as possible on this run, and have removed two leaves thus far....that were blocking light......

I think that was a mistake on my last run fishy, my soil is hot, and I think that removal of the foliage gives less of an area for the nutrients to be utilized, and my plants were trying to process the nutes from the soil AND the amendments. You know, another thing is the fact that I am still getting used to this light, plants seem to metabolize differently under different lights. Any how, I'm defoliating as little as possible on this run, and have removed two leaves thus far....that were blocking light......
I agree its just not right the more I think about it. but to each their own:)

I'm thinkin some small buds and larger leaves all on the inside of the plants. The colas have some leaves that have stems shorter than 1/8" and the leaf is about 2" 2 1/2" around I'll be keepin all those for now.
IMG_072722.JPG
IMG_072321.JPG
IMG_072118.JPG
:peace::circle-of-love::thumb::thanks:

A very common misconception is that leaves somehow "take" from the plant, this is not so true. While they may take small amounts of water and nutrients, they contribute to the plant greatly. Any portion of a plant that is colored green, is performing photosynthesis to some degree, from stems to leaves. So, unless we choose to limit the very factor that makes the cannabis grow, it's best to leave the leaves, unless they are blocking light, are dead, or have no green left on them whatsoever, in any other case the plants relies on the almost solely as the solar panels that accomplish the chemical conversions for plant growth and development. If it walks and talks like a duck...it's a duck! These basic principles will never change.....phases and trends will come and go, and in the end you will still be growing a bean in a Dixie cup..........just like we all did as children.

Really? I'm using LEDs' did someone set the standards for those too???????:peace:

As a matter of fact no, we are relying on you to do that right now. In this configuration, the research is still pretty fresh........jon is setting standards too. So pay attention Harley!, I might get some of those one day and I'm gonna be askin questions!:cheer:

Really? I'm using LEDs' did someone set the standards for those too???????:peace:

Have you seen the new indian commercials?, they show a guy putting a for sale sign on his Harley! My bike would give that guy a boner harder than prison steel! the last indian I saw came from the factory with a s&s motor in it? WTF?, I don't think they'll fly, no f'n way am I going to invest enough money to buy a small house on something that may be off the market in a year, they are stylish enough....I'll keep the king. Did you know that victory has a model called the road king?...................

As a matter of fact no, we are relying on you to do that right now. In this configuration, the research is still pretty fresh........jon is setting standards too. So pay attention Harley!, I might get some of those one day and I'm gonna be askin questions!:cheer:

There is a new thread I'm Subbed Top LED Panel Buck BID and Jon are all testing Top LED lights that are very reasonably priced. If you haven't already check it out. For me I like the ones I have but I'm waiting to see how the ones' Jon testing work out. They are using Chip On Board technology that is the newest out there right now. :peace::high-five::thumb:

A very common misconception is that leaves somehow "take" from the plant, this is not so true. While they may take small amounts of water and nutrients, they contribute to the plant greatly. Any portion of a plant that is colored green, is performing photosynthesis to some degree, from stems to leaves. So, unless we choose to limit the very factor that makes the cannabis grow, it's best to leave the leaves, unless they are blocking light, are dead, or have no green left on them whatsoever, in any other case the plants relies on the almost solely as the solar panels that accomplish the chemical conversions for plant growth and development. If it walks and talks like a duck...it's a duck! These basic principles will never change.....phases and trends will come and go, and in the end you will still be growing a bean in a Dixie cup..........just like we all did as children.

Man does that bring back memories Were growing different beans now
I am leaning very much in the keep the leaves circle:peace::high-five::thumb::cheer::circle-of-love:

Man does that bring back memories Were growing different beans now
I am leaning very much in the keep the leaves circle:peace::high-five::thumb::cheer::circle-of-love:

It's actually one of the big differences in the growing philosophies of some of the greatest growers, Cervantes says don't defol, while Rosenthal says do it, I trust my hort. professor, he would NEVER do it! If I want to run faster I don't cut one of my legs off, on the other hand if I did, the other leg would get larger!

Back
Top Bottom