Harley's Airpot Grow - White Widow - Liberty Haze & Lucy Under LED

They will drink less after a medium to heavy defol I backed off or flushed the other thing is defol when they are a day away from watering I think it causes less stress When I defold a day after watering every leaf I took had sap coming out of it.:peace::high-five::circle-of-love:

I keep hearing people refer to this "sap", I wanna get my hands on it....or figure out how to get a plant to produce lots of it and then how to harvest it. If the cannabis is producing it...I want it.........I want to eat it, taste it, experiment on myself with it....this plant produces nothing that isn't very useful and this "sap" is most likely an important part of this plants chemistry!

and it tastes great on flap jacks:)

yep, thats it bassmans journal, for those that doubt defol works just have a quick flick through his journal, he strips his girls bare for all to see and his results are always amaing and huge buds, so his method works for the strains he uses it on, plus he has perfected the defol method over many many grows so he knows what works and what dont,

in my first journal i followed his guidance to the letter and i ended up with a huge bud on a 2ltr plant, so clearly their is something in it, i know defol often does not work but done once or twice in veg then once or twice in flower seems to work, removing leaves every few days just stresses a plant over a longer period, so a big defol once or twice per growth stage seems to work, their is some recovery time but the new growth is shocking, this is why i sit on the fence, ive used both methods, i still defol to some extent but only to let light into nodes that are in the shade, but have a read of bassmans journal then you can see how well it actually works,

if i thought it was better for all strains then id go with the defol method, but ive only followed bassmans guide with 2 plants and both times it performed very well an produced fat buds, so does it improve yield, well its hard to say without a side by side test with clones, plus if anyone was going to do the side by side test then read bassmans journal as he tells you exactly what days you should defol, if i remember right its twice in veg then twice in flower, but ill check and find out,

its well worth a read, when i first joined this site i listened to many growers that said the leaves are the plants facories and like solar panels without them they can take in all they need, but then i came across bassman and found his method seemed to work very well.

plus one of the theories behind it is this, naturally outdoors these plants would be under attack from insects and animals eating their leaves, so heavily removing leaves forces the plant to try and preserve itself, it does this by growing like crazy after defol and produces much more branch and leaf growth to replace what was lost, then in flower its stressed again, the plant bounces back so it survives and tries to ensure it reaches seed production, so a weak plant will always be just that and wont make it into seed production, so these plants must have a way of protecting themselves or replacing what they lost to ensure it survives the growing season and produces off spring,

so for that reason i sit on the fence, i dont argue either way, plants do very well without defol and plants do very well with defol if dont correctly,

so bassman has got the defol method down to an art, he really knows his plants and how they respond, plus he strips them bare and they bounce back 10 days later and are bushier and bigger than they would of been without defol method,

i get that sap your on about, when i remove fan leaves to let light in to the lower nodes the place i pinch the leaves off starts dripping this clear sap, i have got one plant that dripped lots of it and it was dripping all over the lower branches, i never noticed it before this plant started dribbling everywhere, then when i checked the other plants you can see a sort of bubble of clear sap coming out the end that was cut off, but this one plant produces that much that it just dripped everywhere, i only noticed it as it dripped on my hand and i looked up to see where it was coming from, couldnt find water leaking anywhere, started running around the place thinking i was getting flooded again but found nothing, then went back to the plant and the leaves where wet and had water droplets on them.
it was only then that i touched the plant and felt water and noticed it was coming out of the stems that i removed leaves from,

so my plants cry when i remove leaves, but they love me for it a few days later, at least i hope they do, not nice having your hands chopped off,

Just got done watering and took a few pics while I had them out of the room............
IMG_073722.JPG
IMG_074023.JPG
IMG_074322.JPG
IMG_074121.JPG
IMG_074220.JPG
IMG_073924.JPG
IMG_073820.JPG
IMG_074423.JPG

I would 've taken some pics' of the White Widow but the batteries went dead. I did some defol on Lucy and the White Widows It is probaly the last I'll defol Ill do before I harvest as soon as I get some more battries I'll post pics of the White Widows :peace::high-five::cheer::circle-of-love::thumb:

Love your plants Harley. Hoping mine look half as good in a few months.

With regards to deflol, I would consider, in future, trimming of the bottom 1/4-1/3 of growth in your pics. Hard to tell exactly from pics, but looking like those bottom 1/3-1/4 are stringing out. If they not there that would be extra resources plants could put in top buds. But you are obviously doing awesome so far, so take whatever I have to say with grain of salt.

defol works well i use it from time to time, i have to use it on monster cropped plants else all the lower growth would not get any light at all, not to mention all the inner growth,

i do trim the bottom branches how ever, basically anything thats small and only going to produce tiny amounts such as the lowers branches on the plant i pull these off and any small bud sites with no branches to them, its pretty much the same as the lollypop method but without going over the top just to produce one bud, so anything lower down the plant i pinch off and that allows the plant to focus all its energy on the buds getting the light and this will increase bud size,
the main issue is making sure everything is getting light, plus you can always harvest the top of the plant first and let the rest fatten up or another few days,

if you was doing a reveg then you would need to leave some of the lower growth on but for a plant that was killed at harvest id remove anything that was not going to produce much, i do find this works well.

so harleys plant id of removed the bottom 6 inches of growth or all them small shoots at the bottom, but you need to do this early in flower and i sometimes do this in veg as you get some idea of what nots going to grow, growers who grow scrogs also use similar method as their plants are naked below the screen,

very nice plant harley, nice and frosty my friend, you have done well, the plant will really start to fatten up in the last 2 weeks, should be a nice harvest,

Good Two-toke-tuesday Harley!:) You sure have a lot of frosty colas there.:yummy::welldone: Love that you posed your #1 hobby on a stool with your #2 hobby as the background- cool pic! :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

No idea on the individual colas, but can I take the first guess on how much you will get from a whole plant?
I'm going to bet 3.5 oz each(based on how they look today).:thumb::green_heart::):peace:

Back
Top Bottom