Harvest?

westmark

I am at day 67 on my strawberry gum fem growing in 5gal. fabric pot,
grow medium living soil in tent using Mars led lights, what is the forum option? Ready or not.

Attachments

• 20200218_142531.jpg
    20200218_142531.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 58
  • 20200218_142511.jpg
    20200218_142511.jpg
    1,005 KB · Views: 51
Do you have a loupe or 40-60x magnifying glass?
Check out my link for tric stages in my signature. You can’t really tell without seeing the stage they are in. (Clear,cloudy,amber)

I just received my microscope to use with laptop, shaky hand syndrome lol , trying to hold steady.
Some folks will trim a small piece of the bud to prevent that. Definitely not an easy task trying to be still.

You want to have mostly cloudy for full ripeness.
Did you look at my tric stage write up?
It will tell you what to look for depending on the high you’re after.

Heya guys, going to throw this out there for any interested.

I have given up on colour as an indicator of harvest time. I have yet to see any great amount of amber trichomes. I am unable to see them until they start getting really dark and by that time, I have noticed that many heads have “burst” and there are fewer of them.

I can though, tell the difference between clear and milky and now watch for trichome density (number of trichomes in my field of view) and swell. When most have swelled and turned milky, that’s when I harvest.

The “burst” heads don’t seem to affect potency, but does affect the yield when I make hash and I am a hash man first and foremost.

Heya guys, going to throw this out there for any interested.

I have given up on colour as an indicator of harvest time. I have yet to see any great amount of amber trichomes. I am unable to see them until they start getting really dark and by that time, I have noticed that many heads have “burst” and there are fewer of them.

I can though, tell the difference between clear and milky and now watch for trichome density (number of trichomes in my field of view) and swell. When most have swelled and turned milky, that’s when I harvest.

The “burst” heads don’t seem to affect potency, but does affect the yield when I make hash and I am a hash man first and foremost.
It really depends on the high you want. I don’t like a racy high so I go for mostly amber.

the wife likes a more laid back but I want the getup and go, balancing act I guess. I think I am ready on this strawberry gum fem to harvest and I have a strong stuff fem. "both are hybrids" ready in five or so days I think . I didn't do a journal on this grow.

I have the two plants in same 2x4 tent using two mars 300w led lights in living soils. Flipped on 12-12-19 with strawberry calling for 56-63 days and strong stuff 65-70days of course estimates on harvests time. looks like a decent yield

@AdaminCO, it’s not that I don’t get amber, I just can’t see it when on the plant, even at 60x.

When I run my hash, I can see the amber then :thumb:
See how these are started to turn amber? I still gave them about a week for my liking. First indicator for me is when they stop producing white pistols, I typically figure I have a week or two before harvest
69A226D2-0782-4C48-AB1C-F323870B3B54.png
028754B5-48FA-461A-9687-A05344EED5DA.jpeg

When mine have a decent amount of amber, I feed them one last time, then set them in the dark 48-72 hours before I harvest.

Beautiful looking bud hanging there, I should go back to hanging instead of rack drying :passitleft:
I was my buds, so hanging is the only option for me.

Did you not get a clip for your usb scope?

I'm the same I struggle with shaking but if you can make a frame to sit it on and try and put it next to the plant and adjust to what you need, this works great for me or you could take a small bud and try it on a deal at balancing.

Back
Top Bottom