Harvesting seeds

I let the buds dry completely as it makes breaking up the buds much easier.. (I personally throw away the bud when harvesting seeds). The more powdery the better for me.

I break the buds up with my fingers, over a large 4 foot floor mirror sideways on a sable, where the mirror side away is raised about 2" and slopes towards me. The lip on the mirror catches the seeds as I break up the buds and they roll down. Its not perfect but helps speed up the process.

I don't smoke the bud though, so this is a very destructive method if you are trying to get good smoke also out of the harvest as you are left with a conglomerate of mini seeds, sticks and stems, leaves and bud all pulverized together. You can howerver sift some nice kief out before tossing it which I do :)

I let the buds dry completely as it makes breaking up the buds much easier.. (I personally throw away the bud when harvesting seeds). The more powdery the better for me.

I break the buds up with my fingers, over a large 4 foot floor mirror sideways on a sable, where the mirror side away is raised about 2" and slopes towards me. The lip on the mirror catches the seeds as I break up the buds and they roll down. Its not perfect but helps speed up the process.

I don't smoke the bud though, so this is a very destructive method if you are trying to get good smoke also out of the harvest as you are left with a conglomerate of mini seeds, sticks and stems, leaves and bud all pulverized together. You can howerver sift some nice kief out before tossing it which I do :)
I only had. A couple branches worth. I let the branches get close to death looking and cut them down. Must have worked, cause a few must have fallen off and already sprouted in the pot they were in! Sweet! Thanks for the tips.

Whether they fall out or just dry with the buds let them continue to dry and set for a couple weeks. Then you can preserve them either of the ways Big Sur told you.

I've got my first little batch of seeds, and I was wondering how people harvest them. Do I pick them out right away, ot let the plant dry, and pick them out? Im assuming dry would be easier, but I only have a few.
Letting the plant dry a bit can make it easier to remove the seeds. You can gently harvest them after the plant has dried a bit, but make sure they're fully mature first.

Back
Top Bottom