GSC1 - Day 27 - 8":

Photo 1 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 2 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 3 - GSC1 SaugaView™.jpeg

GSC2 - Day 22 - 4":

Photo 1 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 2 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 3 - GSC2 SaugaView™.jpeg

And, that's it. Let me know your thoughts.

:thanks:

:thumb: They Look great!

I meant top and then gently train the (now) side shoots that will (then) be the new main stems (after you top the plants). So you top to above the 2nd 3rd or 4th node, then once the side shoots have grown out (which they will, you sill see!) gently draw them out to open up the middle of the plant to the lights.

Some folks pull them down fully flat, others just draw them gently out to a more diagonal angle. Experiment a bit and see what you like!

This will help you get more budsites lower down in the tent. Once you have a good number of them (the new branches and budsites) at a fairly even height with each other, and you think the root system is ready, up-can and flip the lights and try to keep the tops even as they stretch. (You can upcan before flipping the lights - that's just how I do it, mostly. I’m still trying out new things myself :) )

WHen topping, if you can, try to leave some length of centre stem below the cut. This helps to strengthen it and guard against splitting.

Thank you, Amy. That is most helpful. I know that Felonious knows how to top, too and he will probably understand your instructions better than I do.

I was planning on asking him for help anyways because his plants this round are actually doing really well. I haven't got a photo of the 4 Hash Plants outside but here are his 2 Big Devil XL, 1 Medical 49 and 1 Dinamed CBD. Sorry about the light. It was the best I could do.

IMG_7432.jpeg

They look good, don't they?

:battingeyelashes:

Sorry m’dear. I can’t look at it at all. I had a neuro ‘event’ during one of my recent tests and the symptoms that effect being able to handle (or not handle) the pink/purple light are very flared-up right now. I’m sure FP’s plants look wonderful! :D

please send him my best wishes. :ciao:

Highya HG,

You have some nice looking little girls there. If they were mine, I'd top them asap (just pinch off a little growth atop the central stem (FP will show you how)). FP's ladies look very nice, also! Hate the blurple, though. Happy Smokin'

Highya HG,

You have some nice looking little girls there. If they were mine, I'd top them asap (just pinch off a little growth atop the central stem (FP will show you how)). FP's ladies look very nice, also! Hate the blurple, though. Happy Smokin'

Thanks, Bode. Should I top all of them? Even the one that's only 4" tall? Yeah, sorry about that. It was the best I could show. Today was very busy and I didn't get to the photos of the outdoor plants. There's one that's taller than FP (he's 5'11" :battingeyelashes: ) and one with variegated leaves that I posted a photo of one of the leaves earlier in the grow. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow and after I get my chores done in the morning, I'm hoping to be able to sit outside and start a new novel and enjoy the last remaining days of summer. I hope we get a nice, sunny fall. That's the perfect fall weather, in my opinion but I'm digressing as of course, I'm high. :laughtwo:

I did have a peek at my plants when I returned from the washroom recently and they look much better today. Nice and perky. Should I top them on the same day I fertigate them and/or transplant at least the bigger ones? FP went to pick up our new tent plus all applicable accessories earlier but he's not home yet. With any kind of luck, when I transplant them, maybe I'll get to move to a bigger tent with a better light, too. :hmmmm:

I do have to do some cooking in the morning as I have almost nothing prepared to eat right now. I'm planning on making a frittata or a quiche and I have a recipe that is called Cinnamon-Scented Cauliflower that I'm planning on preparing although I will be leaving the olives out as I really don't care for a lot of olives and even with the 2 I like, I don't like them in cooked food. Salad is great but other than that, not a fan.

I would also top them but it personal choose. I almost always top.

I am going to top them. I just didn't know when topping is supposed to happen. I've heard the 4th or 5th node, which if I remember correctly is essentially where a branch connects to the main stem. Correct?

I'd say you could do all of them except GSC #2! Or you could wait another node :).

I was working on a post asking about this so thank you, Shed, your response was very timely. :laughtwo:

supposed to happen.
Hey HG ...you know, it can vary and there’s no single ‘supposed to’ way :D SOmetimes its a chop of the main stem with 2-4 nodes below the cut and a node or 2 (or 3) above the cut.

Othertimes it’s a ‘pinchout‘ of the tiny growth tip of the 3rd or 4th or 5th node as soon as it can be pinched out (like SweetSue used to do :love:). Each can bring similar and slightly different results. Depends how long you have to veg and what you want to do after. It was really by doing it a f3ew times and seeing things happen that I learnt about doing it :)

The new tent is almost ready for my use. Felonious says tomorrow for sure. I'll also be up-potting at least 4 of them to 3-gallon pots. I'm not sure whether GSC2 is big enough to transplant or does it matter? It would be easier if I could move all of them at the same time.

Also, I took the photos of Felonious' plants for you. I have 2 photos of the tent's occupants with flash on but no purply photos and I have 4 photos of Felonious' outdoor plants, too. But, first, here is the tent so far:

Photo 1 - New Tent.jpeg

Felonious' Tent:

Photo 1 - Big Tent.jpeg

Photo 2 - Big Tent.jpeg

Felonious' Outdoor Hash Plants:

Photo 3 - HP1.jpeg

Photo 4 - HP2.jpeg

Photo 5 - HP3.jpeg

Photo 6 - HP4.jpeg

Beautiful trees @FeloniousPunk !! :cheer:

Tent plants look delish too :yummy:

Excited for you for the new tent HG :slide:

Sometimes it is easier to up pot all your kids at one time. I do it when the pots are almost completely dry. If the GSC2s root ball slides out of the pot fairly easily then I would go ahead and transplant it at the same time (might as well, while set up for it, right!? ;) )

And thanks for regular light pics :love:

Sometimes it is easier to up pot all your kids at one time. I do it when the pots are almost completely dry. If the GSC2s root ball slides out of the pot fairly easily then I would go ahead and transplant it at the same time (might as well, while set up for it, right!? ;) )

Thanks, Amy. That's kind of what I was thinking, too regarding GSC2.

Don't tell Felonious but I opened his tent when the lights were off to get those photos especially for you, Amy. :love:

:thumb: They Look great!

I meant top and then gently train the (now) side shoots that will (then) be the new main stems (after you top the plants). So you top to above the 2nd 3rd or 4th node, then once the side shoots have grown out (which they will, you sill see!) gently draw them out to open up the middle of the plant to the lights.

Some folks pull them down fully flat, others just draw them gently out to a more diagonal angle. Experiment a bit and see what you like!

This will help you get more budsites lower down in the tent. Once you have a good number of them (the new branches and budsites) at a fairly even height with each other, and you think the root system is ready, up-can and flip the lights and try to keep the tops even as they stretch. (You can upcan before flipping the lights - that's just how I do it, mostly. I’m still trying out new things myself :) )

WHen topping, if you can, try to leave some length of centre stem below the cut. This helps to strengthen it and guard against splitting.
Leaving stem is really good advice. I've split them after topping. Ooops. Not a big deal, just tape it up ASAP.

FP

Beautiful trees @FeloniousPunk !! :cheer:

Tent plants look delish too :yummy:

Excited for you for the new tent HG :slide:

Yeah, things are going really good this year, thanks for noticing.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom