Have a hermie beside 2 flowering plants

JeffB

420 Member
Plants are almost ready to harvest. The seeds where femalized. They are outdoor. Should I have moved them. Thinking of harvesting the seeds from the hermie but total newby here.
I will try upload pictures 3 of the hermy one of regular. The one hermie is a close up of the pods

Attachments

• PART_1537481932214.jpg
    PART_1537481932214.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 174
  • PART_1537481910052.jpg
    PART_1537481910052.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 189
  • PART_1537481981480.jpg
    PART_1537481981480.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1512.jpg
    IMG_1512.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 190
I'm not an expert on hermes, but if they pollinate and already have pods that big then the damage would have already been done to the females beside them. Once a plant is determined to be a male and you don't want to pollinate the females they have to be moved or culled. Perhaps @Chris Scorpio is around and can shed a bit more light on that. I have a lot to learn so it's good for me to read as well

Hard to tell by pics but look like just swollen female parts to me, but I haven't had a Hermie yet so I don't know one from sight so to speak. Should be able to feel the seed in it if it is a pollinated flower, as it is far enough along it should have formed one. But yeah as said above a Hermie will pollinate anything around, so don't want them around anything you don't want pollinated.

Those look like swollen calyxs to me. I wish I would have taken a picture of the few I pulled today. We just had a few windy days out where Im at and Im thinking they stressed one out causing it to hermaphridite. She's about 7 ft next to some 6 footers. the others have shown no signs, thankfully. Ill be checking them carefully tomorrow. If I find one some Ill post a pic if you want.

I don't see why yer calling it a her my,
Do you see pollen sacks?
Have you seen pollen?

Guess I'm a but cornfused, but I haven't drank my 1st coffee yet either...lol

I don't know that's what someone else said. I have no idea. This is a first for me. I'm new to all this

Here are a few reference pics

Female calyx
female-marijuana-plant.jpg

Male pollen sack
hermie.jpg

Hermied top bud
male-cannabis-plant-with-pistils-is-hermie.jpg

I had a plant stress recently and hermied, but all I saw where male pollen sacks

So maybe look closer and see if yers resembles any of these

These are better pictures. Let me start from scratch. This is only about 2 ft. High. If that. I have no idea what this is. The other plants are flowering nicely and have for a while. They are also much bigger then this but I did plant different strains. This plant smells very nice so I was hopeful. First time planting from seeds. Just not sure what to do with this. Can I get seeds and use them or should I get rid of plant or wait to see what happens? They are all femalized

Those look like swollen calyxs to me. I wish I would have taken a picture of the few I pulled today. We just had a few windy days out where Im at and Im thinking they stressed one out causing it to hermaphridite. She's about 7 ft next to some 6 footers. the others have shown no signs, thankfully. Ill be checking them carefully tomorrow. If I find one some Ill post a pic if you want.

Attachments

• 2018-09-21 10.36.33.jpg
    2018-09-21 10.36.33.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 155
That's not a hermie, they are just swollen calyxs as zemat101 said above.

here's a closeup of a male pollen sac on my Amnesia Haze

and on this one - Sweet Soma, note how different the male sacs look compared to a swollen calyx

I wouldn't do anything with yours yet, it just looks like a nice flowering female to me

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom