Heffay's Brainstorm Haze Experinmental DWC Journal - 2013

My Brainstorm Haze #1 and Brainstorm Haze #3 are both exhibiting some amber trichomes, be sure to have a look every few days for amber trichomes to time your harvest flush. Brainstorm Haze #1 will begin its flush for 7 days next watering and Brainstorm Haze #3 will be given 1 more dose of nutrients then begin to flush for 7 days.

Here are some Flower Day 69 trichome photographs

KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal

Flowering day 76:

-Brainstorm haze has all but completely stopped absorbing nutrients, perhaps only 80-100 ppm per day.
-Beginning to show amber trichomes and most pistils are beginning to turn orange/brown.
-Reservoir has been drained and cleaned, and replaced with solution consisting of 3ML per gallon of 29% H202 and PHd to 5.8
-Plant will be harvested on Sunday morning (Flowering day 80) after having been kept in darkness for 36hrs.

I read a study where plants were given 24 hours of darkness before harvest and plants were not given a period of darkness before harvest. Both plants cannabinoids were tested and were nearly identical, the myth of giving your plants a period of darkness before harvest has been debunked.

Kingjohn can you link to the study? Did the lights off 24-48 pre harvest make any sort of difference at all? I havent done this yet but in my mind that extra darkness would let the plant consume more of the sugars it built up. Not at all saying I dont believe you. I just enjoy the science involved in growing because I like to make correlations and would love to document everything without it possibly being used as evidence against me in the future by a "peace officer"

Unfortunately I had a hard drive failure and lost many of my saved links so I am not able to link to the study. The cannabinoids between the plants given a period of darkness before harvest and plants not given a period of darkness before harvest were nearly identical, the myth of giving cannabis plants a period of darkness before harvest has been debunked.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom