Mokel's Aquafarm - DWC Mod - Northern Lights # 5 x Haze - First Grow Ever

found a heavily reinfected pot plant, used some tea tree oil for watering those now the gnats dart away when they get close to the humid soil :)

won't use that in my res though but i wasn't able to find any new gnats inside the tent, so they might got in during maintenance or whatever and then died or it was the first wave that now has died after laying eggs .... i'll keep you posted :)

as it is hard to get h2o2 here and it's a little bit expensive plus i had a bad experience with h202 i'll only use that as a last resort but will keep it in mind, hadn't though about using that against the larvae

:Namaste:

Yeh only for larve, the fliers I went after with a vacuum. I tried a neem/soap mist, but even that isn't a kill on contact, more of a stick em down and drown them. My sotetsu is the last place they can hide, since they seem to find enough something to lay their eggs in up the trunk. Everything else soil is covered with sand.

heya, hope you all had a happy new year :love:
i finally managed to recover from of all those holidays and made some new pictures, things are getting interesting over here, got some milky trichomes till now, but couldn't find a single amber one ... even after some time looking for them.
my estimated schedule says that in about 4-6 weeks should be harvesting time, based on the seeds vendors timeframe for this strain.
enjoy the pics :)

IMG_023544.jpg

IMG_023347.jpg

closeup1.png

Heya Mokel, I thought bleaching was a LED thing? I hope it wont affect the bud other than color. Those look tasty.

bleaching can occur everywhere where the buds get to close to the lights but don't get enough heat to get burned as far as i know .... i'm not sure about how it'll effect them further, but i've read the bleached parts have a lower potency, i'll see
but no mayor disaster till now ... i'm happy with my first grow up to this point and can live with bleaching, reminds me to keep her successors shorter and just another issue i can prevent next time with the experience gained with my 'little' katie by now :)

heya, great news everyone, seems the waiting game is about to finish so i started flushing today using flawless finish :yummy:
first image is the full one, second a crop for better forum viewing :)

IMG_040538.JPG

2016-02-15_16_09_15-IMG_0405_JPG_-_Fotos.png

IMG_040346.JPG

2016-02-15_16_08_51-IMG_0403_JPG_-_Fotos.png

IMG_040244.JPG

2016-02-15_16_08_29-IMG_0402_a_JPG_-_Fotos.png

IMG_040139.JPG

2016-02-15_16_08_06-IMG_0401_JPG_-_Fotos.png

IMG_039742.JPG

2016-02-15_16_07_26-IMG_0397_JPG_-_Fotos.png

IMG_039638.JPG

2016-02-15_16_06_50-IMG_0396_JPG_-_Fotos.png

i'm so anxious by now ..... *wheeeeeeeeeeeeee*

:thanks: for your help and participation folks, in my threads, pestered by my pms .... without you i wouldn't have made it this far or had to suffer much more hick and screwups, i love you :goodjob:

little update ... i somehow broke the o-ring at the connection to my external water rez today so i had a little flooding ... like 10l got under the tent and everywhere on the floor, luckily no carpet but linoleum so not that much of a problem but took 2 hrs to get the floor of the tent nearly dry again ..... now the leakage is sealed with candle wax and after the harvest i'm going to glue those pieces to the rez with 2 component, waterproof industrial glue which should prevent this from happening again :)

Re: Mokel's Aquafarm - DWC Mod - Northern Lights # 5 X Haze - Harvest Day

heya, i'm totally exhausted and stoned as well, it's 3:11 in the morning and i'm finally done with everything except cleaning up the mess and posting this update :nomo:

katie, my first own grow, was put into an 45l aquafarm at 11.02.2015, had the chance to grow for 26 days and finally got into bloom at 11.28.2015, was cut down 02.20.2016 after 84 Days into Bloom, i'll miss you and will always remember my first girl, you showed me how much fun and stress growing can be :rip:

of course i took some pics during her final hours, even if i hadn't cared for more detailed pics yet ... too tired, but i'll get some more shots when i'm doing some final cuts but let's get started :)

forgot to took one before it was too late, my bad :sorry:
that's her after everything was cut away
IMG_0432_katie_harvestday.jpg

Her roots, after 30 min of dripping they had a net weight of 3.5kg
IMG_0435_katie_harvestday.jpg

you can see the water indicator and external rez outlet, a part of the nutes got stuck there as a brown slimy stuff at the roots:
IMG_0436_katie_harvestday.jpg

i cut the block with a ceramic knife and found several different areas within,
areas with virtually no stuff, middle affecter and totally clogged depending on the water flow through the root system. the whole roots and every part smelled like wet soil and there was no foul odor at all. with a little showering the goo was removed and they were a little bit stained but very nice to watch :)

stained:
IMG_0445_katie_harvestday.jpg

mid:
IMG_0446_katie_harvestday.jpg

max:
IMG_0447_katie_harvestday.jpg

but now to the harvest pics. that's what my 3 mates and me got after over 4 hours of hard work and a lot of smoking.
the rough trimmings are in the china in the background, the fine trimmings out separate bowls ... hadn't cared haw much there is yet :tokin:
IMG_0450_katie_harvestday.jpg

IMG_0449_katie_harvestday.jpg

and now some nasty closeups i took in total privacy, all alone with her after i was left with the following mess to take care off ...
i tried to match the crops the actual pics but i'm not 100% sure i'll get them all correct assigned but now smoke a little one and then ...... enjoy :tommy:

I:
IMG_0440_katie_harvestday.jpg

2016-02-21_02_53_20-Microsoft_Edge.png
2016-02-21_02_53_05-Microsoft_Edge.png

II:
IMG_0441_katie_harvestday.jpg

2016-02-21_02_53_55-Microsoft_Edge.png
2016-02-21_02_53_40-Microsoft_Edge.png

III:
IMG_0442_katie_harvestday.jpg

2016-02-21_02_54_52-Microsoft_Edge.png
2016-02-21_02_54_38-Microsoft_Edge.png
2016-02-21_02_54_19-Microsoft_Edge.png

IV:
IMG_0443_katie_harvestday.jpg

2016-02-21_02_55_53-Suche.png
2016-02-21_02_55_14-Microsoft_Edge.png
2016-02-21_02_55_46-Microsoft_Edge.png

2016-02-21_02_56_03-Microsoft_Edge.png

V:
IMG_0444_katie_harvestday.jpg

2016-02-21_02_56_36-Microsoft_Edge.png
2016-02-21_02_56_47-Microsoft_Edge.png
2016-02-21_02_56_24-Microsoft_Edge.png
2016-02-21_02_56_13-Microsoft_Edge.png

When i prepared them for the drying net, i took some especially nice looking buds and separated them from the rest of the pack for another 'private' shooting and placed them next to each other on a backing tray, but only thought while taking the last pic to add something as a reference point, but still you might get a good guess :yummy:
IMG_0453_katie_harvestday.jpg

IMG_0454_katie_harvestday.jpg

IMG_0455_katie_harvestday.jpg

the final amount of 1373g wet buds and an unknown amount of trimmings is at the moment in the tent on my dry rack at 20°C 60%RH at the outlet and ~45-50% at those tasty buds.
now the last 2 pics for today, i'm totally done by now as it's 4:10, but my hopes for the outcome of my first grow literally exploded in my face and that kept me awake and helped uploading those pics for like eternity :slide: .... and the smell ... :kiss:
IMG_0456_katie_harvestday.jpg
IMG_0457_katie_harvestday.jpg

will take a little time out and then in 2 month start with one of her two siblings i still have, trying again and do it better with all the stuff i learned by now :idea:
might join the bud of the month contest with one or two of these :goof:
but now :ciao:
i'm done with the grow and in the dry phase now :allgood:

and need to go to bed :sleep:

thanks for staying with me my first grow and hope you enjoyed it :Namaste:

after the drying process concluded i'm now at 62% humidity and curing in a cvault, smell is awesome, lemon-like stingy, really nice and it turned out very potent if i believe my testers :high-five:

got some issues because of the ferts, as some parts of the N component sticked to the roots and composted there, the flush wasn't as efficient as desired, but luckily only with a minor taste impact but still an issue i have to resolve for the next grow as the taste could be smoother :)

final harvest amount after removing some of the leftover stems is 309g dry weed for my first grow and ~120g fine trimmings which i will process the next days so stay tuned :yummy:

Well done! I really hope you're proud of your grow, man. Those buds look super frosty and i wish i could help out and be a tester. lol

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom