Mokel's Aquafarm - DWC Mod - Northern Lights # 5 x Haze - First Grow Ever

it seems pretty stable at the moment, hoping it keeps that way and won't go worse.

but i nearly forgot the daily picture update :)

081210.JPG

0812s.JPG

might have solved my leaf problems ... i think it's an early flower K deficiency, severe on those leafs, as only older leafs are affected to this degree but slightly newer ones are just starting to yellow.

i did a lot of reading today ... trying to identify all possibilities by possible occurrence of those symptoms and then trying to rule them out them ...

S,CA, FE are immobile, because new growth is not affected i ruled them out by now and i don't think Mg and Zn are an issue as i supplied both a lot the last days ... as leaf tips started to curl upwards on ALL of the problem leafs and only older leaves i'm now voting for a severe k deficiency in late state for those leafs (because mobile). this would go hand in hand with those little spots and some of the bleaching as well ... so i added some 0-10-6 supplement with now EC 2.

dunno how fast nute burn will show up if it's to hot, but she had done well the last 7 hours, taking water and nutes as normal.

as far as i know, this is normal to occur in late bloom in light version when the plant starts to use up stored nutes and energy for the last days and leafs starting to yellow and drop.

great grow mokel!

i have a nl5 haze scrog going, started almost at the same time w you. in a 1x1tent under 600. only difference is that mine is in coco.
i usually stay on the stalking side and dont post very often, just excited seeing an identical grow. ill upload some pics later. would love to help if needed.

iits pure fun growing mate. welcome!

Sent from my iPad using 420

thanks a lot and :welcome:

i had several times where i thought about how things would have gone if i'd not chosen hydro but some other medium to gather some experience before going hydro but after just watching videos, reading a whole month about it, i knew i just have to try.
and seeing a similar setup with the same strain at the hands of someone experienced with growing is indeed very exciting.
i'd love to see your pictures but hope i won't need your help...... but if you notice anything, every advice and hint is appreciated a lot.

i send you a friends request so i could find your pics easier when you've done uploading them, i'm all excited to see your grow
:popcorn:

Nice grow you have going there. But you're not scrogging. You're using the screen as a trellis. A scrog is where you guide the growth tips through and horazontally along the screen to get uniform bud growth. These are a few weeks old. I might take a pic of how it's gotten way ahead of me already lol. Scrogging isn't easy at first...

TUCK3.JPG

All tucked up

TIDY.JPG

hey faic,
some call it a bad done scrog, some will tell it's not a scrog at all ... with my blissful newbie ignorance, i'll still call this is my first scrog and it's one of those minor faults i committed ... one of those i need to remember next time and then tell people i actually learned something by committing them :)

i found a decent sketch about good and bad scrogs some time ago where it's better visible what's gone wrong here and how it should be done the right way

good, well done scrog
scrog-diagram.jpg

my scrog (bad)
bad-scrog-diagram.jpg

i'm not sure i'll get a well done scrog next time, but i'll try to get there some time in the future, could use all the help i get with that goal :thanks:

Ah that first pic isn't a scrog either. Give me a few or maybe tomorrow I'll have some detailed pics, but cookies are almost done.

I'll have to get some pics tomorrow, the lights will be going out soon and the cookies took longer to prepare than I'd anticipated.

That yellowing looks like a deficiency starting to me vs burning. Make sure you rule out pH. I've not done hid/hps, but hydro can go south in a day. Unless that yellowing is from your light source. I had that problem tonight taking pictures.

What I'm going to do , rather than jack your thread, is do up one with a lot more pictures. But here's a pic of under my canopy on Jessica01. She is right next to the plant in the previous photos. Can you see how the stalks are guided up to , then horazontally along the scrog vs up through it?

below_jessica01.jpg

i'm convinced at the moment, that it's a heat/light bleach as there are 3 'zones' ... ph fluctuates between 5.7 and 5.9...
nodes directly under the bulb are affected to a small degree, those are covered by the small fan.
nodes in the middle of the tent are affected the worst, those were not covered by the fan as well as the nodes directly under the bulb.
nodes at the 'far' end of the tent are not affected at all.

i'll keep an eye out for your pictures then, that one looks much more dense then my attempt :)
plant got way to big coz' i missed when trying to fim and kept growing until i finally topped her ...
furthermore i stopped tucking them back a week after going to bloom, could have tucked em back for at least a week longer.

5.7 you're not getting manganese. My res change is done at 5.6 and as they feed, it naturally raises up to allow the additional nutes to be taken up. This is a trick I learned nursing my first grow back from the brink.

ph_for_soil_hydro.gif

Back
Top Bottom