Hello Everyone!

Mumbles1969

420 Member
Hello fellow gardeners I'm Mumbles 50 yrs old.I got in a bike wreck 22 years ago spinal cord injury plus nerve damage left shoulder upper arm. I'm so lucky I didn't hit my head. Thank God I've had a loving wife & daughter in my life before & after the accident
I'm a resident at nursing home in the Appalachian Mountains. Since @ 2015 I started getting medicinal grade mmj my quality of life got so much better. I've stopped taking quite a few different meds & ruduced others Availability & prices are getting to be unavailable & unaffordable .So I'm a super new guy who's gotta help my wife garden by photographs lol I have been doing a lot of reading while trying to save $ to get started lol
I'm in the market for a 4×3×72" multi chamber tent has anyone had any experience with one? 2 separate tents isn't an option. Please anyone who've had experience with one please let me know. I'm basically looking for the brand whose product has the least amount of defects. I can't afford one without defects lol My budget is @ $200 THANX A BUNCH FOR EVERYONE TAKING THE TIME TO SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES & HELPING OTHERS!!!

:welcome:

Welcome on board! these guys are the experts so your in the right place! my tip would be to research the strains you'll grow as well.... I found indicas especially great for nerve pain... so many options for you and good luck with your journey!

Welcome to the forum @Mumbles1969 :welcome:

Welcome Mumbles. You won't find a grow tent for $200. I suppose you could construct similar for less. Then spend saved $ on a good light. Cheers
Challenge accepted :slide: .....Here ya go mumbles, I believe this is what you asked for :passitleft:
tent.JPG

Welcome to the forum @Mumbles1969 :welcome:

Challenge accepted :slide: .....Here ya go mumbles, I believe this is what you asked for :passitleft:
tent.JPG

That's basically what I been
Welcome Mumbles. You won't find a grow tent for $200. I suppose you could construct similar for less. Then spend saved $ on a good light. Cheers

looking at... there's like 4 different manufacturers @ the same price. You or any of yer friends used amy Yield Lab tents?
Thank
Greetings and as you can already tell there are plenty of members here willing to help out. What are planning on growing?
starting out with NL auto's then starting white widow mothers so as soon as the NL's come out clones go in. Plus they'll be a small auto in the mother (veg) chamber

Welcome Mumbles, sorry to hear about your accident and glad you've found releaf through Cannabis and have the support of a loving family :love:

Now you'll have the support of another type of family...A Canna-Family that will guide you through every step of the process...You've definitely come to the right place my friend!

All the best in your new venture from one 50 year old to another...69 was a great year brother :high-five::passitleft: Welcome to :420: Home of the finest Canna-grows on the planet!

Hello fellow gardeners I'm Mumbles 50 yrs old.I got in a bike wreck 22 years ago spinal cord injury plus nerve damage left shoulder upper arm. I'm so lucky I didn't hit my head. Thank God I've had a loving wife & daughter in my life before & after the accident
I'm a resident at nursing home in the Appalachian Mountains. Since @ 2015 I started getting medicinal grade mmj my quality of life got so much better. I've stopped taking quite a few different meds & ruduced others Availability & prices are getting to be unavailable & unaffordable .So I'm a super new guy who's gotta help my wife garden by photographs lol I have been doing a lot of reading while trying to save $ to get started lol
I'm in the market for a 4×3×72" multi chamber tent has anyone had any experience with one? 2 separate tents isn't an option. Please anyone who've had experience with one please let me know. I'm basically looking for the brand whose product has the least amount of defects. I can't afford one without defects lol My budget is @ $200 THANX A BUNCH FOR EVERYONE TAKING THE TIME TO SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES & HELPING OTHERS!!!

Welcome

I'm in the market for a 4×3×72" multi chamber tent has anyone had any experience with one?

I strongly considered getting one three or four years ago; did a lot of web-searching and review reading. I came to the conclusion that most of those kinds of grow tents are of the "shitty Chinese product" type. Many of the reviewers mentioned the lack of light-tightness between the 3'x3' and the 1'x3' section. Which would have defeated the purpose, IMHO.

2 separate tents isn't an option.

What about a 3'x3' grow tent and a small section of a closet, cabinet, some kind of storage-type furniture from the local thrift store, et cetera? Or, in extremis, even a cardboard box? You don't need a huge amount of light/etc. just to get plants ready to go into the flowering space.

[QUOTE="Mumbles1969, post: 5101937, member: 342242"My budget is @ $200[/QUOTE]

Er... Or skip the tent altogether and get two of the above items (although I'd avoid the cardboard box for the flowering space - but it has been done, and even with HPS lighting :eek:).

If the person who will be doing the gardening for you has to do so illegally, then they'll have to deal with the odor of cannabis plants. In which case, figure $100 for a "bottom-shelf" class exhaust fan and carbon filter setup. Could probably shop around (perhaps for two or three months) on CraigsList and find a used 400-watt or even 600-watt HPS grow light for $25 to $50, and spend about the same on a new bulb for it. Or some kind of security/warehouse HPS that could be repurposed, if the gardener is "handy." Again, plus a new bulb. Avoid buying cheap "blurple" LED panels (new or used), IMHO, because they're generally crap.

Primer and ultra-bright white paint (flat is best in regards to its light-reflectivity characteristics, but you can't really clean it, so eggshell would probably suit you better) for the interior walls of an eight-square foot closet (if available, and if using a 400-watt HPS), preferably one that is slightly rectangular... will likely end up saving you money AND having more reflective walls than a grow tent.

I'd go with some kind of low-tech hydroponic setup. You'd need a digital pH meter, though. An EC (aka "TDS/PPM") meter would be nice, but is not imperative. General Hydroponics MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom dry nutrients are cheap. Or do a web-search for "how to get free nutrient samples" and send off 25 emails, lol. Single plant grow in a 20-gallon plastic tote from Big Lots with a $22 aquarium power head from China(Wal)Mart, maybe add an air pump and set of air stones, too. Or "hempy" buckets/containers filled with perlite (or perlite with a bit of vermiculite). People have done those with Osmocote Plus as their nutrient, although my results weren't all that great (to be fair, I was using guesswork when adjusting the pH instead of a pH meter :rofl: ). There's a bit of a learning curve with hydroponics, but it's only about 2% to 5% as much as people seem to think. And if the person who will be your gardener is going to have to learn how to grow cannabis anyway, well...

I'd also stick that $200 into a sock until I managed to save up another $100 to go with it. But that's just me, speaking from experience. Trying to go too cheap will nickel & dime a person to death. Plus, it's nice to be able to purchase some cannabis seeds - and to not have to shop by "whatever is the cheapest." Half of the members here would probably offer some of their unused equipment/etc., but the rules prohibit this kind of thing. And the problem with asking for (or accepting unsolicited) help locally... is that then there is someone who knows that you're growing cannabis. Which would be fine if you could guarantee that person wasn't a thief - and if there was anyone left in the universe who could keep a secret for more than five minutes. Because even if that person isn't a thief, the six people that person tells might be, or one of the 50 people that those six people tell, or one of the...

Welcome Mumbles, sorry to hear about your accident and glad you've found releaf through Cannabis and have the support of a loving family :love:

Now you'll have the support of another type of family...A Canna-Family that will guide you through every step of the process...You've definitely come to the right place my friend!

All the best in your new venture from one 50 year old to another...69 was a great year brother :high-five::passitleft: Welcome to :420: Home of the finest Canna-grows on the planet!
Hello 420 warrior thanx for the welcome! Yeah we were the best generation hands down!!. Ours was an awesome generation As soon as we turned 15 we decided disco sucked & burnt all the disco albums!! & the 8 tracks to lol. Bought rock & roll to the main stream & did everything in excess from wall street to shopping and especially partying.
Mumbles

I strongly considered getting one three or four years ago; did a lot of web-searching and review reading. I came to the conclusion that most of those kinds of grow tents are of the "shitty Chinese product" type. Many of the reviewers mentioned the lack of light-tightness between the 3'x3' and the 1'x3' section. Which would have defeated the purpose, IMHO.

What about a 3'x3' grow tent and a small section of a closet, cabinet, some kind of storage-type furniture from the local thrift store, et cetera? Or, in extremis, even a cardboard box? You don't need a huge amount of light/etc. just to get plants ready to go into the flowering space.

[QUOTE="Mumbles1969, post: 5101937, member: 342242"My budget is @ $200

Er... Or skip the tent altogether and get two of the above items (although I'd avoid the cardboard box for the flowering space - but it has been done, and even with HPS lighting :eek:).

If the person who will be doing the gardening for you has to do so illegally, then they'll have to deal with the odor of cannabis plants. In which case, figure $100 for a "bottom-shelf" class exhaust fan and carbon filter setup. Could probably shop around (perhaps for two or three months) on CraigsList and find a used 400-watt or even 600-watt HPS grow light for $25 to $50, and spend about the same on a new bulb for it. Or some kind of security/warehouse HPS that could be repurposed, if the gardener is "handy." Again, plus a new bulb. Avoid buying cheap "blurple" LED panels (new or used), IMHO, because they're generally crap.

Primer and ultra-bright white paint (flat is best in regards to its light-reflectivity characteristics, but you can't really clean it, so eggshell would probably suit you better) for the interior walls of an eight-square foot closet (if available, and if using a 400-watt HPS), preferably one that is slightly rectangular... will likely end up saving you money AND having more reflective walls than a grow tent.

I'd go with some kind of low-tech hydroponic setup. You'd need a digital pH meter, though. An EC (aka "TDS/PPM") meter would be nice, but is not imperative. General Hydroponics MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom dry nutrients are cheap. Or do a web-search for "how to get free nutrient samples" and send off 25 emails, lol. Single plant grow in a 20-gallon plastic tote from Big Lots with a $22 aquarium power head from China(Wal)Mart, maybe add an air pump and set of air stones, too. Or "hempy" buckets/containers filled with perlite (or perlite with a bit of vermiculite). People have done those with Osmocote Plus as their nutrient, although my results weren't all that great (to be fair, I was using guesswork when adjusting the pH instead of a pH meter :rofl: ). There's a bit of a learning curve with hydroponics, but it's only about 2% to 5% as much as people seem to think. And if the person who will be your gardener is going to have to learn how to grow cannabis anyway, well...

I'd also stick that $200 into a sock until I managed to save up another $100 to go with it. But that's just me, speaking from experience. Trying to go too cheap will nickel & dime a person to death. Plus, it's nice to be able to purchase some cannabis seeds - and to not have to shop by "whatever is the cheapest." Half of the members here would probably offer some of their unused equipment/etc., but the rules prohibit this kind of thing. And the problem with asking for (or accepting unsolicited) help locally... is that then there is someone who knows that you're growing cannabis. Which would be fine if you could guarantee that person wasn't a thief - and if there was anyone left in the universe who could keep a secret for more than five minutes. Because even if that person isn't a thief, the six people that person tells might be, or one of the 50 people that those six people tell, or one of the...
My wife isn't anywhere close to being able to fabricate much. I can't ask for any outside help & yes I need full odor contol.
Light leaks between flower & veg chambers is what I keep finding in the reviews I wonder if the light leaks are around the perimeter or thru the "divider fabric" ? If that's the case can't I just use some type of tape to stop the leak silver hvac tape? Or even sew another layer to the divider fabric.
I wanna be able to do small autos
with my mother's in the veg chamber I have seeds soil pots & $300 put away for lights. So I'm close to getting going jus need tent,ventilation system & odds & ends like fans thermometer & stuff

You're wanting to grow both autoflowering and photoperiodic strains? Because, if not, you don't need a mother / growth phase area.

For about a year, my "mother space" was the top of the medicine cabinet in my half-bath, lol. Illuminated by the two CFL bulbs in the wall fixture directly above it. Plenty of room for the three plants in their 6-ounce Styrofoam coffee cups. That's pretty extreme, though, and was more for keeping the plants in stasis than producing cuttings for cloning (although the occasional one was taken).

Yeah, the tents with dividers are known for leaking light around the perimeter of the divider. Often other places, too (seams/zippers); they seem to be manufactured cheaply. Some of the ones I looked at seemed more theoretical than practical. Add a big light leak if you run duct from one side to the other. If not, add a second exhaust fan and duct setup. Or live with the odor from the growth side which, although milder, still exists.

Grow tents in general are overrated. The only halfway decent brand I know of that uses white interior walls these days is HOMEBox, which has dealers all over Europe, eastern South America, even one (each) in Australia and New Zealand. North America? Not so much. So you'll probably end up with something with less reflective silver(ish) walls. Quality generally varies from as good as "okay" down to "Wow, did I really pay for this garbage?" In terms of stealth, well... Hey, it's a grow tent :rolleyes:. With a noisy fan and duct work sticking out of it, electric wires running into it, etc. They're good if you're lazy, or live in a 1960s-era mobile home that has no closets, or a pre-1920 house that has those ridiculously shallow closets that were sometimes referred to as a clothes/linen press (although that's more of a piece of furniture, AFAIK) that force you to hang your clothes on a hook, because you can't hang them in the traditional manner in a space that's only 6" deep.

Other than that, they're still useful - but there's nothing magic about them. Just a soft-sided cabinet, really. On the plus side, it's already got holes (probably more than you need, but maybe not enough) in it. But it's a lot more obvious than a cabinet/wardrobe/etc., which is not an uncommon piece of furniture in someone's home.

To the best of my knowledge, the best cheap grow tents - or the cheapest good grow tents, however you want to look at it - are the Mars Hydro brand. They can be found here:

Enter the coupon code "420magazine" at checkout for a discount. But they only manufacture (they make their own products) single-room tents.

The only halfway decent multi-room grow tents I know of are the Secret Jardin brand. Their Lodge range is the rectangular "side-by-side" type that you asked about. You may or may not find a size to suit you; if I remember correctly, the smaller (area) ones are kind of short. They're also not super cheap - for the (estimated) $250 that the small one costs, you could get two separate tents from Mars Hydro. Secret Jardin also sells something called a Dark Room Twin, or at least they used to. It's sort of like a normal - but pretty short - grow tent stacked on top of a propagation/growth phase space that has the same area but is really, really short. All the other brands that I looked at when I was considering a multi-room grow tent, well, they appeared to all be equally shitty (as each other), like they were all made in the same factory.

Back
Top Bottom