Hello there!

kosio bosio

Hey everyone, my name is Konstantin.

I've been growing commercially for around 4 years now.
I am new to the forum but not new to cannabis.
I would love to meet more likeminded people, enjoying the process of growing cannabis.
Currently I have a small room with 30 LED 660 W lights, 250 plants (approximately). 2 strains - Devil Driver and White Truffle. They are soon to be harvested. Here are some pictures that i took yesterday.

IMG_6188.PNG

IMG_6189.PNG

I am growing in soil. The one at this room is Ocean Forest (not a big fan).
For nutrients I am using CANNA - Terra (I've been using it for years - indoor, outdoor - always flawless results)
I've had a similar grow with 1000 plants - 100LED's, the only difference is that here I am running CO2.
Hard work, and you can manage to do decent results.

:welcome: ..Great looking flowers! Bet you're busting your butt with all those plants.
Isn't that expensive running Ocean Forest?
I agree. Gotta be expensive. All the ocean forest I have seen in my neck of the woods is trash. I would be building my own soil at that size of operation. Hell I will be doing it real soon , either way. I prefer to know exactly what's in my dirt.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @kosio bosio

Beautiful lady.
You mentioned making your own soil, do you have a recipe to follow?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

:welcome: ..Great looking flowers! Bet you're busting your butt with all those plants.
Isn't that expensive running Ocean Forest?

Thanks much!
Transplanting, pruning and training are the hardest ones, but a few hours a day do the job.
I usually use 707 from Roots Organics ,but this time we changed a bit. I keep reusing my soil so I can manage to bring the cost down a bit. So when I finish with this harvest I will just add some amendments to the soil and will keep growing and just adding stuff to it before the new run comes in ... or might just switch to the 707 because I am not a big fan of Ocean forest, it seems like it's too hot for growing indoor plants.
I am still trying to figure it out if I want to keep growing in soil or to move to rockwool. I will keep everyone posted how my next grow goes from start to finish. I have just a few more days left on those before I chop them off.

nice grow @kosio bosio. there are a few growers at your size on the board. your experience will be very welcome.

when doing the larger grows we ran hp mostly. we built a peat based hp type media, but found it more cost effective to buy it in the long run. we bought it bulk twice a yr through a landscape supply company which helped keep costs down as well. not sure if that's an option where you are.

i'm pretty sure most of the larger guys here are doing some form of organic. we used nutes.

nice grow @kosio bosio. there are a few growers at your size on the board. your experience will be very welcome.

when doing the larger grows we ran hp mostly. we built a peat based hp type media, but found it more cost effective to buy it in the long run. we bought it bulk twice a yr through a landscape supply company which helped keep costs down as well. not sure if that's an option where you are.

i'm pretty sure most of the larger guys here are doing some form of organic. we used nutes.

Thank you!
I've tried different ways but for some reason I keep coming back to the 707 and similar soils.
I guess it's much easier to just buy the ready product.
At one of the farms that I used to run we used HP pro mix, and we used to send a sample of the soil at the end of yeach year so we would know what exactly to add in order to have strong enough soil for 2 runs at the same pot (idk if it makes sense).

we rarely reused anything. we did 'compost' the used stuff and added it to outdoor garden beds.

i'd put a cover on the electrical outlet before @Bill284 says hello lol :p
you should have a look at bill's purpose built grow shed.

Hey everyone, my name is Konstantin.

I've been growing commercially for around 4 years now.
I am new to the forum but not new to cannabis.
I would love to meet more likeminded people, enjoying the process of growing cannabis.
Currently I have a small room with 30 LED 660 W lights, 250 plants (approximately). 2 strains - Devil Driver and White Truffle. They are soon to be harvested. Here are some pictures that i took yesterday.

IMG_6188.PNG

IMG_6189.PNG
Hey @kosio bosio :ciao:
Incredible garden my friend, great work. :welldone:
I ran a perpetual grow ,harvest every month, but 1000 plants wow.
That's a lot of work . :adore:
Cudos :thumb:
I'm not going to give you grief for an uncovered outlet, though it's not good.
We all do out best.
But I'd just ask this you have smoke detectors and fire extinguishers right? :Namaste:
Hope we didn't overwhelm you, just want everyone to be safe
Amazing garden, I look forward to seeing your grow progress.
Have a great day.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

@NickHardy :ciao:
This gentleman is running co2.
Just thought you might be interested in this grow.
It's brilliant. :thumb:
Take care.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Wowsa!

Where in the world are you?

LEDS ain’t cheap! The guys doing at your scale ai know prefer HIDs - just cheaper per inch and they reckon nicer light (but they all old school 😀)

Co2 I’m an experienced newcomer but would only trust my own knowledge of equipment and size to say an 8 light of your type size and flower only. I’m about to try a second time in veg. But totally different settings to flower. Way low.

Hopefully in the next week or so I’m getting a free watch listen and don’t talk lesson on Co2 deployment at commercial scale indoors and greenhouse style. My buddy is getting a guy in for his mega farm and I’m tagging along for the learning experience.

Happy to share what I learn!

Nice stuff!

Nick

Hey guys, thanks for the honest opinions.
I will talk to my construction guys and will make sure to cover the outlets for future lol
For the 1000 plants indoor we used a 124 kW generator working on 3 phases. It was enough just for the lamps tho.
But that was back when prices were up to the roof. I used to get like 3k - 4k per Lbs so I didn't care about the fact that my diesel for the run was around $200 per day. Now it's a bit different with the prices, licenses and all the other fun stuff that comes with the commercial growing lol

Wowsa!

Where in the world are you?

LEDS ain’t cheap! The guys doing at your scale ai know prefer HIDs - just cheaper per inch and they reckon nicer light (but they all old school 😀)

Co2 I’m an experienced newcomer but would only trust my own knowledge of equipment and size to say an 8 light of your type size and flower only. I’m about to try a second time in veg. But totally different settings to flower. Way low.

Hopefully in the next week or so I’m getting a free watch listen and don’t talk lesson on Co2 deployment at commercial scale indoors and greenhouse style. My buddy is getting a guy in for his mega farm and I’m tagging along for the learning experience.

Happy to share what I learn!

Nice stuff!

Nick

I got a plug so I got them cheap from China. 😭🤫😁😁

No disrespect to China but their products are often under the grade.
In my limited experience, cheaper is rarely cost-efficient. Yet again, I grow 4 at a time.... 1000 :slide:
:welcome:

I was very skeptical about the chineese stuff too - especially about the lamps I am using now.
Before I was using Gavita Pro 1700e and was talking trash about the lamps that I am currently using.
In a few more harvests I will be able to tell you if they are 100% the same as the original Gavita but so far I don't see much difference.

Back
Top Bottom