Hello

Ok, so lets give u the info

Strain - Autoflower Black Haze
# of Plants - 1
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - 5 Gallon
Lights - (1) 100 Watt LED
Nutrients - General Hydronponics(not using yet)
Solo mix: 40% cotton substrate + 10% Humus + 25% coco fiber + 25% vermiculita
PH - 7.5
Room Temperature - 90 to 95
Solution Temperature - 70 to 75
Soil Moist: 40-60% humidity( using an analog device to mesure)

Room Square Footage - 40x40x140(cm and m)
Pests - None Known

Problem: I have already germinate my seed in paper towel, and has been all right. But there is about two days and the cotyledon haven’t appear. It’s that ok? How long until I know that there is a problem?
I have already lost a germinated seed but my soil was too wet. The another problem is that I cant make my pH goes down, I am watering it with 6,0 pH water.
Thx u!

Well alright then. Do you have it in a pot now? If so the cotyledons will come. You mention your water ph being 6.0 and 7.5? I'm confused.
I am using a 500ml container and than will transplant to the 5 gallon pot. My soil pH is 7.5, and the water I am using is 6.0. I am also using a dome to contain the humidity to. Until how many days should I wait to see the cotyledon?

Attachments

• 5520C7C3-F9E9-469F-9FD9-4D942555CB2F.jpeg
    5520C7C3-F9E9-469F-9FD9-4D942555CB2F.jpeg
    509.9 KB · Views: 121
  • DECF5494-875D-44BB-B208-774697505AC7.jpeg
    DECF5494-875D-44BB-B208-774697505AC7.jpeg
    841.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 808810ED-BD51-4370-B334-6285789994B9.jpeg
    808810ED-BD51-4370-B334-6285789994B9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 117
I am using a 500ml container and than will transplant to the 5 gallon pot. My soil pH is 7.5, and the water I am using is 6.0. I am also using a dome to contain the humidity to. Until how many days should I wait to see the cotyledon?
Never read the term cotyledon until now nice to know what's actually called i always called them tap leaves, it sounds like your setup will be perfect.

Ah, you are waiting for it to pop...could be tomorrow or a few days...keep the soil warm (your temps sound perfect for seedlings) and don't overwater the soil (further). Patience :)
Thx for the reply, you think that 40-60% soil moist it’s ok? Should I water every day? I am using the mesure device to see how dry the soil is...
Thx everyone!

Thx for the reply, you think that 40-60% soil moist it’s ok? Should I water every day? I am using the mesure device to see how dry the soil is...
Thx everyone!
Cannabis likes to dry out but in the seedling stage they love water, if they start to droop it's probably time to dry them out, the most common way of killing cannabis plants is over watering and over feeding.

Thx everyone!
Waiting for them to pop, I usually like to keep the soil moist...this means a few drops all over...you have a good sized container for them to pop...there is enough material in there to hold plenty of moisture. If it looks moist, leave it. For me, warm temps and moist soil (and patience) are the best recipe for popping success. Btw, I usually pop 2x at a time...just in case...:)

Hi Yuronha! Welcome to the forum!
First, lets stop calling your medium soil. It is a soil-less mix. Because it is not soil, you need to adjust your pH of every liquid that you apply to that container, to 5.8 pH. The pH of your soilless mix is inconsequential at this point... don't even worry about its measurement. Just make sure that every liquid hitting that mix is at 5.8, and everything will work just fine.
The problem with humidity domes is that they make the seedling weak. If you suddenly took the dome off and subjected the plant to the regular dry air, it would die. Using the dome now makes you have to go through the process of hardening off, where you take the dome off for short periods to strengthen the plant for emergence into the real world. This process is a pain in the neck and I am not a fan. These weeds do just fine without a humidity dome.
Another concern I have is that container... are there drainage holes in the bottom? You need to have them so that water does not pool in the bottom.
Since this is a soilless mix, it should be run a little differently than soil and I would imagine that many of the same rules will apply here as in a coco grow... you need to supply nutrients all through the grow [that mix has none] and you will need to water daily, maybe twice a day. I would find some coco grows on this forum and see how they do things, and attempt to do the same. That is my advice, but I am going to defer here to @Blew Hiller ... she has much more experience with autos in large containers than I do. Do what she says... and you will be fine.

Thanks everyone, I will do as you said. My pot has roles in it, and I will be adding nutrients after the first week. I will keed the soil moist but not wet, I hope my plant pop out soon.

Welcome Yuronha. Looks like you have the makings of your first journal right here. You should start your own journal and copy some of the info you already provided into it. That way others will follow along and help provide insight to your grow. It also aids new growers who are learning.
Here is a link on how to start a journal. How to Make a Grow Journal
Cheers.

Hello guys, unfortunately after 7 days my seed didn’t come out, so no tap leaves. I don’t know what I am doing wrong, maybe my soil is too inert. But many places says that autoflowers must be raised in inert soil during the first days. I took a photo for you, and I saw that the seed changed nothing since I germinate it in a paper towel. Can you guys help me? I’ve alredy lost two seeds...

Attachments

• 492B3BFA-9065-47CF-939E-A404912015D0.jpeg
    492B3BFA-9065-47CF-939E-A404912015D0.jpeg
    391.7 KB · Views: 109
did you rinse out your paper towels a few times before putting the seeds in there? Some brands of paper towels can kill seeds because they have been bleached
Yes I did, first I let it rest in a glass filled with water for 18h and then put it in wet paper towel for more 24h. They all germinated, but when I put in the soil they just don’t evolve.
I bought that rock wool and will try to use it to germinate.

Yes I did, first I let it rest in a glass filled with water for 18h and then put it in wet paper towel for more 24h. They all germinated, but when I put in the soil they just don’t evolve.
I bought that rock wool and will try to use it to germinate.
wow, sounds like you are doing everything right then... did you have some light heat under the plate holding the towel, or tucked away somewhere warm? Rockwool might work well for you too, but planting them in inert soil should have been just fine... I am suspecting that you just got bad or old seeds... unfortunately that does happen.

Back
Top Bottom