Help choice of HPS or LED

Looks interesting. At $800, it's getting worth looking at. I'm wrapping up a (personal) comparison now between vanilla HID 1kw Hortilux vs. Gavita DE HPS run @ 1150w. I wanted to know if DEs will run in 8' ceilings w/o nuking the fuck out of plants. They will, easily. No light poisoning observed @ day 60 12/12. As to yield: Vanilla HPS vs. DE, that wasn't my real point but I expect the DE to run above average/ft2 in the environment it's in.

It was build to compete with a gavita de 1k. It puts down 1150ppfd on a 4x4.

Watch this video and chime in at about the 51minjte mark. He goes in depth in the plc-6, it's worth the time.

YouTube

Oh and by the way, I can replicate this plc-6 at home on a rapid substrate from that covers a 4x4 with twice the cobs for better coverage at the same wattage for a lot cheaper.

420-magazine-mobile1117822319.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2031363511.jpg

Cob leds are the way to go my man!

$500 from one of our sponsors here(has gone up since I purchased), straight out the box and hung up
420-magazine-mobile1241835873.jpg

Here's it's spectrum in the different modes
420-magazine-mobile1265173117.jpg

COB mode draws 300w from the socket, LEDs draw 320w, 620w in full mode, I have measurements posted in my journal, taken with the Mars hydro par meter..... I'd love to run 2 of these together in a little larger of a space, hopefully in the future .
Ignore the fluorescents in the pic, they're used as a source of non visible light(UVA/B) just because of my belief in the benefits of it, they don't actually help with PPFD, can hold the meter right up to the T5 and it only measures like 20 lol

Actually just to expand a little more.... I love COB as a source of light, but they aren't perfect either.....this unit uses the CREE CXA2530, the output from COBs is fantastic.....but those LEDs on this panel aren't just for show, I love the spectrum that COBs provide, but the added blue and reds on the panel are a huge bonus....and it's not just for show either.....I've done PPFD measurements in all 3 modes, and the LEDs actually put out more then my COBs on this, so they play a huge part too(I run it in full mode always, veg and bloom), their spectrum in full mode is amazing, penetration is fantastic, so to me a big shout out to SunPlus for making a great affordable product for the common grower .

I wouldn't recommend a cxa as a standalone cob. It works well with the sunplus because of its design, i.e. Replicating the sun. They just don't have that high penetration like the other bigger cobs. Really good visible and usable spectrum out of that unit though .. Here's some data sheets on the cxa and cxb

Cxa
420-magazine-mobile1383245809.jpg

Cxb
420-magazine-mobile1166573979.jpg

I wouldn't recommend a cxa as a standalone cob. It works well with the sunplus because of its design, i.e. Replicating the sun. They just don't have that high penetration like the other bigger cobs. Really good visible and usable spectrum out of that unit though .. Here's some data sheets on the cxa and cxb

Cxa
420-magazine-mobile1383245809.jpg

Cxb
420-magazine-mobile1166573979.jpg

I think they use the CXA because it wasn't meant as a stand alone, they also have a unit with the CXB3070, however they're stand alone COBs and don't have LEDs on the panel with it as well

I think they use the CXA because it wasn't meant as a stand alone, they also have a unit with the CXB3070, however they're stand alone COBs and don't have LEDs on the panel with it as well

The 3070s are a good chip. A lot of people use those as standalone cobs. Close to a cxb3590 for a fraction of the cost.

Back
Top Bottom