Help! Have no idea what’s going on with my girls!

Another question. These are in Veg. They were in solo cups until a week ago. (Ran them in way longer than expected). Any ideas what could be going on here with the deficiencies? Using Technaflora, boost, grow, magical. Any help appreciated
Normally when the plants show yellow on the new growth it is accepted as part of the way the plant grows. But, I feel that the amount of yellowing you have on those plants is way too much.

They are pretty dang big for having been in Solo Cups up until a week ago. They most likely were already running low on available nutrients in that soil mix. If whatever you did for the plants in your first msg that started this thread worked then my first suggestion is plan on doing it again to these. And some Nitrogen looks like it is going to help out.

Plus pick one plant that looks like it represents all the others and take a photo of that plant from the side so the group can see the leaves and stem from the soil line to the tops of the growing tips. This would help give an idea of the progression of some deficiencies that are not easy to see when looking down from above.

Normally when the plants show yellow on the new growth it is accepted as part of the way the plant grows. But, I feel that the amount of yellowing you have on those plants is way too much.

They are pretty dang big for having been in Solo Cups up until a week ago. They most likely were already running low on available nutrients in that soil mix. If whatever you did for the plants in your first msg that started this thread worked then my first suggestion is plan on doing it again to these. And some Nitrogen looks like it is going to help out.

Plus pick one plant that looks like it represents all the others and take a photo of that plant from the side so the group can see the leaves and stem from the soil line to the tops of the growing tips. This would help give an idea of the progression of some deficiencies that are not easy to see when looking down from above.

E96C9FA0-98A2-49EA-A672-2CE050FEDCB1.png

I just re-read this thread looking for new clues, and I have another question or two. First, have you adjusted your pH as several of us have advised? 6.3 is your target, for both the plain water and the feed waterings... you are alternating, yes? Third question... why are you using Cha-Ching at the 5th week of flower? You are not in the final phase of bloom where this NPK 9-50-10 stimulant can be effectively used, and according to Mulder's Chart, with that much phosphate coming in at this time in the grow, it is likely locking out calcium, a much needed non-mobile element. This totally explains the yellowing you are seeing at the top. Beware of using random components of various grow systems along with another competing grow system. Products like the Fox Farm solubles are extremely powerful, and must only be used as recommended.

I just re-read this thread looking for new clues, and I have another question or two. First, have you adjusted your pH as several of us have advised? 6.3 is your target, for both the plain water and the feed waterings... you are alternating, yes? Third question... why are you using Cha-Ching at the 5th week of flower? You are not in the final phase of bloom where this NPK 9-50-10 stimulant can be effectively used, and according to Mulder's Chart, with that much phosphate coming in at this time in the grow, it is likely locking out calcium, a much needed non-mobile element. This totally explains the yellowing you are seeing at the top. Beware of using random components of various grow systems along with another competing grow system. Products like the Fox Farm solubles are extremely powerful, and must only be used as recommended.
PH 6.2-6.3. Every single time. This is Veg on the most recent pictures… Duly noted with the Cha Ching in flowering that early. But here in Veg, no cha Ching and similar looks. Giving 12-15ML Boost, 7-8ML Grow, 5ml Magical per gallon. I’m too confused about the mixtures, Technaflora says always add Boost first. So I mix Boost, Grow together, feed, then mix Magical separately.

PH 6.2-6.3. Every single time. This is Veg on the most recent pictures… Duly noted with the Cha Ching in flowering that early. But here in Veg, no cha Ching and similar looks. Giving 12-15ML Boost, 7-8ML Grow, 5ml Magical per gallon. I’m too confused about the mixtures, Technaflora says always add Boost first. So I mix Boost, Grow together, feed, then mix Magical separately.
The ones in veg look hungry. Part of it could have been the pH... give it time to work out, but you weren't that far off. You didn't answer my question about alternating feed and water... it is important. Not being familiar with your grow system, I am not sure of why you are splitting the mixes... it seems they have a feeding chart that shows you how to make their magical mix. Always always, I stress that whatever grow system you are in, you should follow it to the letter. Are you? Or are you thinking that you need to give less than what they recommend? Veg should not be this hard... you have to have something pretty far off to get problems there, since the only major need is usually Nitrogen and the rest of the needs are easily supplied.

Looks like overwatering to me, which in turn is causing pH swings and lockouts. Let the soil dry out, and try to feed much less "volume" per feeding. Try feeding them "sips" of nutrient solution for the next few feedings as you need the soil to be fairly dry for the roots to really stretch out and "find water". Reduce the volume of your feeding, and feed only when the plants are starting to show slight droop to get an idea on the frequency of feedings. Less volume, more frequent is far better than drenching them and saturating the soil. Oxygen is important in the soil.

Back
Top Bottom