Help Please, My leaves are curling under!

Jamaican Bud

IMG_3241a.jpg
IMG_3237a.jpg
IMG_3240a.jpg
IMG_3236a.jpg
IMG_3242a.jpg
IMG_3239a.jpg
Hello All;
This my first post, Although I use these forums a lot to solve my problems and until now I've found all the answeres I needed. But now I need help to identify this ailment. Here are the specs.
Indoor Grow In Soil.
Fox Farm Happy Frog Potting Mix.
Auto Watering System, Using 200 ppm of Jungle Juice, General Purpose Mix @ 74 deg F.
Air Temp 72 - 74 Deg F.
Relative Humidity is 45% Constant.
C02 is 700 - 800 ppm.
Lighting is 3 X 240 Watt of LED over a 2' X 4' area @24".
The Room is well vented and fans circulate air over the canopy.
This is my third grow on these two strains. (5 White Russian and 5 Train Wreck) All are clones.
Any help will be appreciated.

Oh ya, the plants were set to 12/12 on 10/01/13 and they were 10 inches tall when I transplanted into one gallon pots.

I'm a total noob but given the wattage of the LEDs and though I'm not sure how powerful they are, they might be a hair too close to the lights. I would try moving up 6 inches to a foot and see if that has any effect. Each manufacturer is a little different but I believe 2ft to 3ft is recommended during flowering for that intensity.

Thanks Lord C. I raised the lights 8 inches today. If I see a change I will raise them a little more. But I have in some past grows run the lights much closer. This is the first time I have ever seen this symptom. I have read any thread related to deficiency's and can not ID this effect. If any readers have a thought, chime in please.

If the pH of your root zone is off, then your cannabis cannot properly absorb calcium through its roots so the first step is to ensure that you have the correct pH for your growth medium. Calcium def.

A light def. would show in the curling mutation of new growth, and/or slow growth. Burning of leaf.

I am currently checking the PH of the soil with a Sun leafs 4way meter. It shows 6.5 steady. Its range is 7.0-6.5-6.0 and nothing in between. I ordered a slightly better analog meter and PH test kit for soil.
In veg I water every 3 to 4 days depending on the age of the plants. (18 hours of light)
In seedling soil as removed from the cloner I feed with them with light jungle juice @ 200 ppm (no ferts in this soil at all)
Transplanted after 10 days into 1 gallon pots from small pots after cloning. (clones had 3 feedings in 10 days, last was day before transplant, all feedings were 200 ppm) 18 hours of light.
09/25/13 Flower Watered with Dechlorinated Tap only, 60 ppm, PH 6.65, Each plant was water till drain.
10/01/13 Flower Watered/Feed with Jungle Juice @ 198 ppm, PH 6.68, Each plant received 500 ml.
10/06/13 Flower Watered/Feed with Jungle Juice @ 155 ppm, PH 6.61, Each plant received 500 ml.
10/10/13 Flower Watered/Feed with Jungle Juice @ 161 ppm, PH 6.47, Each plant received 500 ml.
10/14/13 Flower Watered/Feed with Jungle Juice @ 301 ppm, PH 6.49, Each plant received 500 ml.
10/15/13 Flower Watered w/25% strength Cal Mag+ (GH) @ 6.5 PH, Watered till it drained out the bottom.
I found this leaf and one or two more. It does look like nute burn but this is same regiment I have followed for several grows!!
That is a concern, Take a look at this leaf below.

I agree with Shottafire I think they are overwatered. The first pic of the leaf looks like it is puffy. Thats also an indication. I understand this is the same technique and quanities as before, but is everything else the same? Humidity? Soil? Strain? Lights? All these things can slightly change hw much and often the plants drink. Is it possible to add 1-2 days between waterings onyour system? It would be an easy test to run...

Thanks for the feed back Guys;
Ok, so I will let them dry out from todays flush and wait until I see signs the plant needs water? Like droopy leaves, lite container?
I don't trust this meter, besides it only reads Wet - Norm - Dry, I'm getting the analog type soon.
When I water next I will use Dechlorinated Tap Water with 25% Cal Mag plus? I also raise the lights up to help relieve the stress they were 18 and now they are 30 inches above the canopy. Now we (I) wait.
Thanks again

Hello Guys;
I hate to leave good advise unanswered so out off respect to my piers, here is what I believe happened. Ok, so I let the Grow finish out. I had 5 White Russian and 5 Train Wreak. There were also 2 Train Wreak Mom's in this as well. All the flowering plants were stunted, there were hardly any pistils that were not burnt on the tips, The buds were also very small but hey were covered in trichomes. We had a small harvest, less than 100g total. The Train wreak Moms were not producing healthy clones, they were all deformed. I feared they would morph on me so I killed them. I lost the entire strain at this point. The White Russian Mom's Were Not on the same watering system, Thankfully or they may have been affected also. The smoke was ok but only ok.
I went back over to my grow log and found that every thing I thought was the same was not. I had mixed my (cal-mag +) by Botanicare and my Hygrozime directly into my Reservoir at the recommended amounts on the bottle for both chemicals. I grow in dirt so I never go full strength of anything in my water. I have always in the past pre mixed my chemicals in a one gallon container (full strength) then I pour the full strength mix into my res to give me my desired ppm. I think I poisoned my plants with Calcium and just maybe locked out the magnesium damaging the plant, because it is an auto watering system it was running every four days weather the plants needed it or not. I think this was the over watering effect that you all picked up on. By the time I noticed the damage and sought out help, there just was no reversing the damage. My watering systems are now separate for each group and this new grow of White Russian Only (TW-RIP) is looking great. Once again Thank You All.

Back
Top Bottom