Help: small White Widow

what do u think is the best soil? And should i water it as soon as the top starts to dry up
I use Fox Farms Ocean Forrest. Not saying it's the best. But it does a good job.
Coco you don't let dry at all. Feed at the same time every day whether it's wet or dry.
Soil .... when you first fill your pot with soil you feel the weight of it & try to remember how it feels. Then water it & feel how heavy it is. You let it dry up to where it feels like it did before you water again. Or you can simply watch your leaves start to droop & tell you they need fed. But wait at least 1 hour after lights on. When lights first come on the leaves could be drooping, but will perk up within an hour. If they don't perk up, they most likely need to be fed.

I use Fox Farms Ocean Forrest. Not saying it's the best. But it does a good job.
Coco you don't let dry at all. Feed at the same time every day whether it's wet or dry.
Soil .... when you first fill your pot with soil you feel the weight of it & try to remember how it feels. Then water it & feel how heavy it is. You let it dry up to where it feels like it did before you water again. Or you can simply watch your leaves start to droop & tell you they need fed. But wait at least 1 hour after lights on. When lights first come on the leaves could be drooping, but will perk up within an hour. If they don't perk up, they most likely need to be fed.
okay thanks

Looks like the coco is black , too wet possibly, I’m a rookie and always fuck up watering early on. If I was you I’d go for a smaller pot first. Very difficult for us beginners to water right a small plant in a large pot . It’s ok people saying water it daily. But in a big pot without root system that’s a recipe for disaster for rookies .
Good luck

Looks like the coco is black , too wet possibly, I’m a rookie and always fuck up watering early on. If I was you I’d go for a smaller pot first. Very difficult for us beginners to water right a small plant in a large pot . It’s ok people saying water it daily. But in a big pot without root system that’s a recipe for disaster for rookies .
Good luck
Larger pot bigger root systems bigger plants

Larger pot bigger root systems bigger plants
Obviously.. but starting in a large pot is not easy for beginners. It’s easy to over water and can take a while to correct that’s why I suggest starting in a smaller pot , easy to rectify if over water . Obviously don’t flower in this small pot. Obviously will need transplanting .

yh it’s just coco but what would u think is better getting new seeds or seeing how it goes?
Been using coco for a few years. A good rule of thumb is 30% perlite mixed with coco. Did you double buffer your coco with cal mag? You may be experiencing nutrient lock out. You should be feeding full strength daily.
Stay stoneder.

Obviously.. but starting in a large pot is not easy for beginners. It’s easy to over water and can take a while to correct that’s why I suggest starting in a smaller pot , easy to rectify if over water . Obviously don’t flower in this small pot. Obviously will need transplanting .
I understand completely .was just a suggestion I start all mine in 2 gallon pots I water around the plant until I see water coming out the bottom of the pot ..when u water around them it makes them stretch there roots out to get water promotes growth

Okay so basically i’m on day 44 on my white widow grow and it is looking like this it’s very small probably about 3 ish inches which is obviously concerning. It’s ok 18/6 hours of light it’s getting the right nutrients at the right times, can anyone help
85DA1B58-B24E-4835-90CB-C023127F7B06.jpeg
7269C265-B3E6-4399-B936-63297FBB474A.jpeg
E48B43D4-504F-44C5-B1BA-654155AA1C27.png
Chsnge ur.lighting to 24/7 autos love it .helps them there such fast growers looks like she is stunted tho nute lock out can cause a lot problems at same time it could been the seed never no

Okay so basically i’m on day 44 on my white widow grow and it is looking like this it’s very small probably about 3 ish inches which is obviously concerning. It’s ok 18/6 hours of light it’s getting the right nutrients at the right times, can anyone help
Welcome to the group. Interesting possible problem and I am sure that you will be able to get it sorted out one way or another. I do not grow in coco or hydroponic style methods but there are plenty here who do and should be able to give you pointers.

I am wondering if it is possible that you lost track of how old your plant is. I know it is easy to do, especially if we look at it every day, or even more than 2 or 3 times each day. Once I loose track it becomes easy to think that something is going wrong until I get sorted out just how many days it actually has been.

There is someone else growing a White Widow and they have a journal going. If you are interested you can read the thread from the beginning. The person has mentioned what they are growing in, their lights and fertilizers, etc. While they are using soil there might be other things they are going that might point you in new directions. Click on the link below.

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/white-widow-regular-grow.514770/

Hey @013 :ciao: thanks for the tag.
Sorry I'm late.
Did @ganjaman719103 get things sorted?
Lots of people jumped in with good advice.
I don't think they missed anything.
Feed full strength nutrients every day to run off at 5.8 exactly every day.
 No plain water ever.
Keep the coco damp at all time's.
80 f , 62 rh and lots of light.
How is she doing today?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

...when it needs watering i water it but iv done the same thing for years and iv used seeds from the same batch before and i haven’t had a problem same nutrients soil light everything’s the same
By any chance do you have any photographs of these plants from earlier grows?

Maybe there is something in those pictures that is a hint to why this one plant is growing slower.

Been using coco for a few years. A good rule of thumb is 30% perlite mixed with coco. Did you double buffer your coco with cal mag? You may be experiencing nutrient lock out. You should be feeding full strength daily.
Stay stoneder.
Thanks. I forgot about the Cal-Mag part. I fed Cal Mag every feeding. 2 ml. per gal. in Veg & 3 ml. per gal. in Flower.
I prepped the hell out of my Coco though. 50 gal. of pH 5.8 water to wash it. Then Cal Mag was added the next day.
I used the compressed bricks though.

Ganjaman, bucket of coco is a whole different animal. Forget what you know about soil for a sec because coco coir is passive hydro. More specificly its drain to waste hydro …. yep if you did this in soil it would be over-water for sure. Roots need oxygen and the feed water draining thru coco brings oxygen behind it. Maybe next time add perlite to the coco for even better drainage.

That said there’s zero in that bucket to keep a plant alive. It’s place where roots can possibly live… if… you provide proper nutrients to the plant above

For coco you will need to feed nutes every single time and you feed to slight runoff. Don’t worry about checking runoff ph, whatever comes out the bottom of the bucket you toss it or feed another house plant

Dont use plain water either, coco has zero food and same for plain water theres no beef (macro & micronutrient). So there’s no beef, just wet coco - what’s a hungry girl going to do?? Yup starve. Also very important you cannot run wet dry cycle in coco… wet dry cycle is for soil. Yep that’s right, do not allow coco to dry out, it turns hydrophobic & resists water.

it’s called feed or fertigate you fertilize and irrigate at same time…. to mix your nutes - always add cal mag to the water first then stir & wait 10 minutes, add your NPK stir & wait 10 minutes. Measure ph then adjust it to 5.8 and feed your girls. For coco it’s imperative that you add cal-mag and adjust ph to 5.8 range. Also if you ever do plain water flush then you need to go back and feed the plant right away.

for now you will need to fertigate once every 2 days or so but pretty soon it will be 1 x per day and then twice per day in flower.

hang in here & we will get you tuned up

Ganjaman, bucket of coco is a whole different animal. Forget what you know for a sec because coco coir is passive hydro. More specificly its drain to waste hydro …. yep if you did this in soil it would be over-water for sure. Roots need oxygen and the feed water draining thru coco brings oxygen behind it. Maybe next time add perlite to the coco for even better drainage.

That said there’s zero in that bucket to keep a plant alive. It’s place where roots can possibly live… if… you provide proper nutrients to the plant above

For coco you will need to feed nutes every single time and you feed to slight runoff. Don’t worry about checking runoff ph, whatever comes out the bottom of the bucket you toss it or feed another house plant

Dont use plain water either, coco has zero food and same for plain water theres no beef (macro & micronutrient). So there’s no beef, just wet coco - what’s a hungry girl going to do?? Yup starve. Also very important you cannot run wet dry cycle in coco… wet dry cycle is for soil. Yep that’s right, do not allow coco to dry out, it turns hydrophobic & resists water.

it’s called feed or fertigate you fertilize and irrigate at same time…. to mix your nutes - always add cal mag to the water first then stir & wait 10 minutes, add your NPK stir & wait 10 minutes. Measure ph then adjust it to 5.8 and feed your girls. For coco it’s imperative that you add cal-mag and adjust ph to 5.8 range. Also if you ever do plain water flush then you need to go back and feed the plant right away.

for now you will need to fertigate once every 2 days or so but pretty soon it will be 1 x per day and then twice per day in flower.

Ganjaman, bucket of coco is a whole different animal. Forget what you know about soil for a sec because coco coir is passive hydro. More specificly its drain to waste hydro …. yep if you did this in soil it would be over-water for sure. Roots need oxygen and the feed water draining thru coco brings oxygen behind it. Maybe next time add perlite to the coco for even better drainage.

I have over watered in coco many times . Mine are in 20 litre fabric pots now, how about a foot tall , been in there a week . To get run off I’d have to put 4 litres in . It would be saturated for days .

Thanks. I forgot about the Cal-Mag part. I fed Cal Mag every feeding. 2 ml. per gal. in Veg & 3 ml. per gal. in Flower.
I prepped the hell out of my Coco though. 50 gal. of pH 5.8 water to wash it. Then Cal Mag was added the next day.
I used the compressed bricks though.
Great! 10ml calmag per gal of water. Soak at least 8 hrs, drain and repeat. If you do this and add your perlite, your medium should be ready to grow. I can't stress how important it is to properly buffer the coco. The addition of perlite at about 30% is too. A plant in coco should look better than this at 44 days.
20220224_095057.jpg

Stay stoneder

Back
Top Bottom