Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

i havent used a supplement that was specifically iron, but molasses seems to have a bit of all of em... including copper...

I've heard that molasses really isn't good for hempy since it feeds the soil, but you're right it is a good source of micros.

If my daily watering doesn't work I'm going to find a micronute and start using it. I hope I don't have to.

really looks like cal/mag issues to me. These leaves do not seem to ever get better from anything. once yellowed, clawed, washed out or whatever....that is just the way they stay. Less than 50% functioning green surface, and off they go. Look at your new ones for improvement

i think the green veins while the rest of the leaf goes bad is a sign of mg as well... i think new growth is gona be fine cos its usin up the mg in the leaves....... time to supplement i would think...
doesnt doc say water in one spot once they hit the res?

Yes and I do water in one spot. I'm going to start watering daily.

I always leave the sick leaves, I figure they contain the problem and when I used to get rid of them it would crop up on the next leaf. Probably would have anyhow lol.

But if everything stabilizes I will get rid of them, they're ugly.

Blue!

Love those buckets man! the ladies look great as well. As for the yellowing lower leafs thats not nute burn, if I had to say its the other way. looks like they are being eaten for nutes. prehapps their last home lacked food for the gals. They will come around in their new homes with the OC though. Keep up the good work!

Blue!

Love those buckets man! the ladies look great as well. As for the yellowing lower leafs thats not nute burn, if I had to say its the other way. looks like they are being eaten for nutes. prehapps their last home lacked food for the gals. They will come around in their new homes with the OC though. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Chrome! Great job on your videos, they're really helpful and well done. Wish you were at a place where you could do one on clones.

I think all my problems have been deficiencies too, first N now cal/mag. Lots of watering until they're really established is my new mantra.

simultaneous urinal usage gotta love it lol

I knew you'd like that BigSlim:cheer:

Don't cross the streams!!!!!! :)

I'm worried one of them might fall in!

Im in mate. looking good.

Welcome freetheweed! Loved that pic you made spelling FTW in budz :)

Hey Bluedog :roorrip:

Just sitting around and been reading about your issues. I started to get Cal/Mag issues with my hempy early in bloom and started using my own Cal/Mag supplement (Hydrated Lime and Epsom Salts 3/1 ratio, suspended in water)

I do not believe OC+ has anywhere near enough calcium for stretch needs on our girls...and just like tomatoes will have problems from it, you get bud end rot and she just won't make tomatoes, our girls display their absence differently but just means you should supplement from the get go especially during stretch, I think yield can be serious impacted by any deficiency in stretch.

I think when people talk about OC+ and hempy together they should just make the title OC+/Cal-Mag/Hempy...I don't believe tap water unless really bad can meet pot's calcium or magnesium needs...she is voracious like a tomato (btw another plant that grows trichomes and as I found out this year tomato farmers lime their soil from the get go)...I kinda think of pot and tomatoes as the same for the foreseeable future until shown otherwise...my grows has been based off that premise and laziness...:)

:peace: brother from my little garden.

Hey Blue just an fyi, I have never used an iron only supplement but Botanicare Cal/mag also has a bit of iron in it.

I'm using it and like the results so far, considering how deficient the ladies were.

:peacetwo:

Marley

Thanks Marley! I've got lime and epsom salts here, and in fact I gave her a pinch of epsom today. I am going to get a cal/mag or entire micronutrient fert if for nothing else than to have it on hand. Thanks for your recommendation.

I had an issue similar to your spotting, I bought Cal/mag plus and it seemed to stop around the 3rd node. Hope it works itself out. The growth is very impressive.:peace:

Hey sisco! Did you have your problem using hempy or soil?

Hey Bluedog :roorrip:

Just sitting around and been reading about your issues. I started to get Cal/Mag issues with my hempy early in bloom and started using my own Cal/Mag supplement (Hydrated Lime and Epsom Salts 3/1 ratio, suspended in water)

I do not believe OC+ has anywhere near enough calcium for stretch needs on our girls...and just like tomatoes will have problems from it, you get bud end rot and she just won't make tomatoes, our girls display their absence differently but just means you should supplement from the get go especially during stretch, I think yield can be serious impacted by any deficiency in stretch.

I think when people talk about OC+ and hempy together they should just make the title OC+/Cal-Mag/Hempy...I don't believe tap water unless really bad can meet pot's calcium or magnesium needs...she is voracious like a tomato (btw another plant that grows trichomes and as I found out this year tomato farmers lime their soil from the get go)...I kinda think of pot and tomatoes as the same for the foreseeable future until shown otherwise...my grows has been based off that premise and laziness...:)

:peace: brother from my little garden.

Hey MountainHigh thanks for checking in!

I don't know what to think. How could such a widely used commercial fert not have enough cal/mag? All plants need it. But it sure does seem like that could be the case, especially in hempy.

Part of my problem with Sammie may be that she doesn't have any oc+ down in the pot, it's all on top. I prepared the hempy buckets for the other girls very precisely with tons of prills down were the roots will be, so I'm interested in what happens with them.

Luckily Sammie is just a bagseed and is a great guinea pig, she's about a month ahead of the others so I'll hopefully work out my problems with her. But they will all be hitting 12/12 together.

I have a bag of crushed garden (dolomite) lime. Is that the same as hydrated?

If so would you please tell me how I should go about mixing it for a gallon of water, how long I should let it dissolve, and how often you recommend I give it to them?

Also since I'm just the guy to do it, is there a way to OD the plants with cal/mag?

Thanks again my friend in the zen garden :) :bong:

You guys must remember that OC+ is designed to be used with tap water and in soil.

It works perfectly in hempy.....with tap water! But, that is not what it was designed for.

If your tap water doesn't have enough cal/mag in it, then of course you've got to supplement it. But there's plenty of calcium in it. Not an issue!

Dolomite lime is a great slow release nutrient that gives calcium and magnesium.....especially the latter. HOWEVER....it also raises medium pH and again....it's for use in soil!

The fastest way to deal with your problem is to add a bit of cal mag to the water and foliar feed them in the interim.

What kind of water are you using for your hempy? IE, what's the pH and TA?

I was going to post these pics this morning but the site was down.

The same leaves as before, with another one that I noticed yesterday, it was harder to see because it's covered in new growth.

IMAG04931.jpg

IMAG04941.jpg

IMAG04951.jpg

IMAG04961.jpg

Baby Bagseed is going beserk.

IMAG0497.jpg

here she was 5 days ago

IMAG04261.jpg

Bubba Kush still looking gorgeous.

IMAG04981.jpg

I took this same pic the other day, BK left, bagseed.

IMAG04991.jpg

Lucy is lovin' life.

IMAG05001.jpg

IMAG05021.jpg

And little ak48:

IMAG0501.jpg

IMAG05031.jpg

You guys must remember that OC+ is designed to be used with tap water and in soil.

It works perfectly in hempy.....with tap water! But, that is not what it was designed for.

If your tap water doesn't have enough cal/mag in it, then of course you've got to supplement it. But there's plenty of calcium in it. Not an issue!

Dolomite lime is a great slow release nutrient that gives calcium and magnesium.....especially the latter. HOWEVER....it also raises medium pH and again....it's for use in soil!

The fastest way to deal with your problem is to add a bit of cal mag to the water and foliar feed them in the interim.

What kind of water are you using for your hempy? IE, what's the pH and TA?

Hey Doc thanks for checking in!

You blessed my tap water earlier but I'm sure you get all these grows mixed up.

ph 9.1
total chlorine .83 mg/l
flouride .98 mg/l
total alkalinity 67mg/l
total hardness 152 mg/l (8.8gpg)
sodium 29mg/l

I've been ph'ing to 6ish with sulphuric acid based stuff.

I'm in the middle of fly-over country, I don't have much access to hydro stores. There's only one in the state as far as I can tell and it keeps terrible hours for me to get there much. Is there anything I can get at lowes or home depot do you think? I was looking for a micronute supplement there a few weeks ago and didn't see anything.

Hey Doc thanks for checking in!

You blessed my tap water earlier but I'm sure you get all these grows mixed up.

ph 9.1
total chlorine .83 mg/l
flouride .98 mg/l
total alkalinity 67mg/l
total hardness 152 mg/l (8.8gpg)
sodium 29mg/l

I've been ph'ing to 6ish with sulphuric acid based stuff.

I'm in the middle of fly-over country, I don't have much access to hydro stores. There's only one in the state as far as I can tell and it keeps terrible hours for me to get there much. Is there anything I can get at lowes or home depot do you think? I was looking for a micronute supplement there a few weeks ago and didn't see anything.

I was in Home de Pot today and saw that they have lots of good stuff!

ironite is a great micronute supplement!
They also had dolomite lime, gypsum and some azaelia micronutes, which upon inspection seemed like a great product for what we do.

Any nursery, or large hardware store with a nursery would have some products....Walmart probably does. In the mean time, try adding some more OC+.

Also, you can always order some micronutes from the Mittleider folks. 10.95 for a lifetime supply:

food menus restaurant comfort growing at foodforeveryone.com

I'm sorry about your mild trouble.....from what I can see they'll be OK. Setting Sun ran OC+ in hempy with no other additives and he got some fine product and a great yield. He ended up having to add more prills.

I was in Home de Pot today and saw that they have lots of good stuff!

ironite is a great micronute supplement!
They also had dolomite lime, gypsum and some azaelia micronutes, which upon inspection seemed like a great product for what we do.

Any nursery, or large hardware store with a nursery would have some products....Walmart probably does. In the mean time, try adding some more OC+.

Also, you can always order some micronutes from the Mittleider folks. 10.95 for a lifetime supply:

food menus restaurant comfort growing at foodforeveryone.com

I'm sorry about your mild trouble.....from what I can see they'll be OK. Setting Sun ran OC+ in hempy with no other additives and he got some fine product and a great yield. He ended up having to add more prills.

I mixed up a solution of about a tsp epsom salts, tsp crushed lime, 2 gals of water, ph'd to under 6 and sprayed them. Well first I didn't ph down and sprayed them, when I realized what I did I ph'd and sprayed again. I found this treatment via google, hope it works or at least doesn't hurt. I backed off the lights too.

I didn't spray the AK48 or Bubba Kush, just the 2 bagseeds and Lucy. She's starting to show a cal/mag def too.

Then I gave them all another handful of prills mixed in where I water and gave them all a shot of water.

Do you think it would be ok to water them with that solution? There's a ton of suspended lime. I'll check out the stores again in the morning.

I'll bet that baby bagseed's a male. It's huge all of a sudden.

Oh well.... more room for my clones!

Back
Top Bottom