Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

wow....no more doggie? no more OMM? Guess I'm out too then
Peace everyone.....and good luck with your gardens. I'll check in from time to time I guess:goodluck:

Hay BlueDog, I hope you're feeling better, and your absence is just from enjoying the fruits of your labors :tokin:

I saw something in another thread about some ballast issues? I couldn't find it here, there's a lot of posts :grinjoint: I have some unwanted knowledge on getting the wrong ballasts to work, there's smoke and flames involved occasionally, but it does keeps things interesting :)

:peace:

Hey Horse! Sorry for my absence, I just can't shake this damn flu and it's gotten to me a bit. I do have an extra 400w mag ballast that I should have returned, by the time I needed to do it I was too sick. I'm going to try and sell it for a few bucks on craigslist.

I'm hardly even able to enjoy my harvest because of this damn flu, I take a tiny hit and cough for 5 minutes, not really worth it. If I had some $ I'd get a vape but that will have to wait.

Take care my friend.

Hey Blue! Hope you're doing lots better! Took your advice and trimmed tha shit outa the girls a last week, and they seem to be happy still, except, now it appears that they are starting to foxtail, and not just at the tops. Some of the nuggs on the SIDE of the top colas are doing it a little. Lol, I just tried to get a few pics to add to this post so you could see what I'm talking about, but in the pictures it doesn't look like what i'm seeing! but it's happening I swear. i'm probably just over-thinking the whole thing, but I was curious if maybe you had seen this happen before, and if it's caused by stress. Not sure if maybe I was too aggressive in pruning...I also just switched to water with no nutes...Anyway hope all is well take care...

Hey Q! Please post some pics when you can, how far into flower were you again? I don't know about the foxtailing, had some on Lucy too. My theory is that if the plants are restricted for some reason - in my case bad ventilation and low rh - and then you fix the problem they start growing more buds.

First I've heard of it related to trimming fan leaves but I'm hardly an experienced vet.

Thanks for the kind words, I'll get over this thing some day I hope!

No problem brother;)

Seems we all have a few missing posts from our journals:smokin:I guess the problems with the site wipe out quite a bit of data.

Yeah they must have done a rollback. Hope things are going well 52, I'll try and visit your grow soon. :peace:

wow....no more doggie? no more OMM? Guess I'm out too then
Peace everyone.....and good luck with your gardens. I'll check in from time to time I guess:goodluck:

Hey Chopper I'm still here, just can't get over this flu and it threw me into a mini funk. I'm getting better.

What's up with OMM? Gotta go and see.

Hey Blue nice grow, great journal, been reading through almost to the end, hope you are feeling better

Ed

Hey farmer.ed thank you and welcome! Not much going on here journal wise at the moment but hopefully things will pick up.

My sog is currently a mess. I've got 6 girls I just transplanted to the 2 liters, 5 ww & 1 bubblegum. They're ready for 12/12. Unfortunately nothing else is, although some are getting close. I want 12-16 plants total.

Looks like the Red Diesels and Ultra Haze aren't going to make the cut, the UH are all dying and the RD are still so tiny. If I'm lucky I'll get 2 SLH, they're tiny too but appear to finally be taking. So that will leave me with mostly WW, AK48, Acapulco Gold & Bubblegum. Guess I can live with that haha. I still have the RD mother I'm probably gonna crop her and try to get something from her. Unfortunately I don't have the UH or SLH mothers any longer.

That's it for now... take care my friends!

Chopper a quick heads up OMM is alive and well. He's got the busiest journal here but it's in completed journals... figures lol!

Hey Horse! Sorry for my absence, I just can't shake this damn flu and it's gotten to me a bit. I do have an extra 400w mag ballast that I should have returned, by the time I needed to do it I was too sick. I'm going to try and sell it for a few bucks on craigslist.

I'm hardly even able to enjoy my harvest because of this damn flu, I take a tiny hit and cough for 5 minutes, not really worth it. If I had some $ I'd get a vape but that will have to wait.

Take care my friend.

That doesn't sound like a problem... all you need is another light :grinjoint:

Sounds like you need to bake some cookies! Mrs Horse just whipped up a batch with Power Plant for the basketball games this weekend... if our team loses, we won't care :) Well, it won't be so painful :tokin:

Take care,

didn't know you were still down....I thought the compy thing scared you off.
Forget the weed for a bit...it won't help at all.
Feel better bruddah ;)

That doesn't sound like a problem... all you need is another light :grinjoint:

Sounds like you need to bake some cookies! Mrs Horse just whipped up a batch with Power Plant for the basketball games this weekend... if our team loses, we won't care :) Well, it won't be so painful :tokin:

Take care,

I'm going to give the cookies a shot this weekend Horse, sounds like fun to me. I really just need a light mover, but for that I need $, and for that I need to get back to work, and for that I need to get healthy. One of these days..... take care!

get well soon dog:tokin:

Thanks ss I'm working on it, I'm really sick of this thing. Take care buddy.

WASSSSUP!?

Did the Malaciouse malware leave yet? Dang, bugs and wormholes and chicken grabbing sniffle gauges of the mixtering sigamorfusus.

So, did I miss the harvest pics?

Clue me in some, cause I'm lost.

Hey bro! Yes they got rid of the malware, 420 was all over it. Turns out it was an old script or something like that.

I didn't take any harvest pics, I was so sick I could barely stand to trim it all.

I do have some final weights though... Lucy 54g, Bubba Kush 64g, Bagseed 68g & AK48 a sweet 85g.

The AK is the best for quantity and the way it was really just buds. The BK & Lucy are much leafier, but the leaves are coated with trichs so I think that's fine.

What I've tested of the bagseed is still so so, I'll use that for baking probably. The other 3 are all great. Genetics does win.

Now I'm just waiting on the clones to grow and join the sog. I made a veg room upstairs last night and moved all the smaller clones up there and flipped the lights in the flower room. There are currently 6 clones and a few mothers in there. Should be fun.

Take care bro, glad everything is good for you.

Feel better Dog! Flu bug has our house on lockdown too.

Hey OBX same to you guys. This is the sickest I've ever been in my life by a factor of 2 or 3... kind of scary actually. Hope we all get well soon!

didn't know you were still down....I thought the compy thing scared you off.
Forget the weed for a bit...it won't help at all.
Feel better bruddah ;)

Thanks Chopper. You have to catch me up on what's happening on your front.

Kind of ironic I have more great pot around than ever in my life and I can barely stand to smoke any :tokin:

Only good thing is all the great college hoops going down, makes being sick a bit easier to take.

Take care buddy and don't be a stranger.

Hey Q! Please post some pics when you can, how far into flower were you again? I don't know about the foxtailing, had some on Lucy too. My theory is that if the plants are restricted for some reason - in my case bad ventilation and low rh - and then you fix the problem they start growing more buds.

First I've heard of it related to trimming fan leaves but I'm hardly an experienced vet.

Thanks for the kind words, I'll get over this thing some day I hope!

Hey Blue! Glad to see you posting again, hope the battle with that flu is getting closer to an end...Yeah I got two shots of the strange growth, but like I said, it didn't look the same in the pics as it does when i'm looking at them, go figure, here's what I got....
P30800021.JPG

P3080001.JPG

It's easier to see on the one, not so much on the other cola. Have to re-size a few more photos yet. They're 8 weeks since 12-12, about 7 since any major pistil development. Im not as concerned with it now as I was when I first noticed it, although it'd interest me to learn what causes it...No hurry to get back to me, I know responding to 10 posts a day can be a bitch when you're not feeling well...Peace bro

Feel better BD, being sick sucks! I'm the worst sick person around, just a big baby when it hits me..so I feel for ya!

Hey Marley thank you! This is now 2 days in a row that I woke up normally instead of soaking in my own sweat so that's good news... it's still lingering but I'm finally getting the upper hand.

Hey Blue, good to see you up and around!

9.6oz is great weight brother, guess you won't be out of good smoke for a while:slide:

My test plants are doing good but the girls with leaves are still pumping out new growth, the plants that I pulled the leaves from are looking ready. I checked trichomes on them last night and I have a good amber milky mix with very little clear, I will push a few more gallons through the pots tonight and when they dry out I will harvest.;)

Hey 52! I will be stopping by later. In Jrosek's grows where he strips the fan leaves he claims the plants finish 7-10 days earlier... I thought it was because they were clones but maybe it's because of stripping the leaves?

I'm extremely pleased with my harvest. It's curing great and these are soaring energetic highs. The Bubba Kush smells so good I wish I had a better skill to describe it but a friend of mine will help me out.

Take care buddy.

Hey Blue! Glad to see you posting again, hope the battle with that flu is getting closer to an end...Yeah I got two shots of the strange growth, but like I said, it didn't look the same in the pics as it does when i'm looking at them, go figure, here's what I got....
P30800021.JPG

P3080001.JPG

It's easier to see on the one, not so much on the other cola. Have to re-size a few more photos yet. They're 8 weeks since 12-12, about 7 since any major pistil development. Im not as concerned with it now as I was when I first noticed it, although it'd interest me to learn what causes it...No hurry to get back to me, I know responding to 10 posts a day can be a bitch when you're not feeling well...Peace bro

Hey Q thanks for the good wishes, I think I really am getting better this time :cheer:

Your pics do look like foxtailing to me too, at least the 2nd one. On my Lucy the result was leafy buds but the leaves were very sticky with trichs so I'm good with that.

One thing to watch really closely are leaves that are dying on your colas... if you have a cluster of them it's a good indicator of bud rot although not 100% sure thing. I can see a few that don't look too good in your first pic so keep an eye out... I've had the dead/burnt cola leaf here and there with no rot found too.

Still sending get well vibes to you Blue! :)

Thanks OMM! These good vibes I've been getting are finally starting to win the fight!

Nothing new here today, maybe I can get off my butt and take a few pics later.... :peace:

Hey Q thanks for the good wishes, I think I really am getting better this time :cheer:

Your pics do look like foxtailing to me too, at least the 2nd one. On my Lucy the result was leafy buds but the leaves were very sticky with trichs so I'm good with that.

One thing to watch really closely are leaves that are dying on your colas... if you have a cluster of them it's a good indicator of bud rot although not 100% sure thing. I can see a few that don't look too good in your first pic so keep an eye out... I've had the dead/burnt cola leaf here and there with no rot found too.

Oh man, nothing like waking up to bad news!...So first thing thismorning I was doing my usual inspection of the plants,(just staring and drooling really) and noticed this in the soil of the plant I call #1...
P3110003.JPG

P3110002.JPG
P3110001.JPG

A little background, last thursday i thought I'd do a flush with just one of the plants, and then start feeding molasses to both girls as an experiment. Well, the one I flushed, #1, has, or had rather, this mold growing on top of the soil today. It may have been from letting dead leaves sit in there, but not sure as there have been leaves in the soil of both plants off and on throughout the grow. Luckily I have on hand, a bag of Actinovate that I bought from my hydro guy a few months back when I thought i was having another problem, which turned out to be a cal-mag def., and low ph. Anyway, did a soil drench right away and scrapped off the top layer of dirt with at least most of the mold, so that should be under control. But then I read your reply to my last pics, and my feeling of well being was momentarily crushed! Bud Rot!!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I thought the dying leaves were typical of this time during flowering, although its only the one plant,#2. Then of course that doesn't mean much, as these two have always exhibited different growth patterns. (Different pheno?/Unstabilized strain?) Any way, I know I should have done a journal so all could see, and to get the best feedbak, instead of cluttering up yours with my pics n Q's, but until the next grow you're all I've got! So, Blue, and or everyone else, If this is infact bud rot, 1.How do i know for sure? 2.How do I prevent it? 3. can it be treated if there is damage already and how will it affect the quality of the smoke, or is it ruined alltogether? I just really hate the thought of blowing the last 20 weeks of work. I know I'll still end up with SOME good meds, but that cola on #2 is freakin ridiculous, probably close to 2 zips worth once it dries...

Get a bottle of Peroxide at the drugstore.... Put the peroxide in a spray bottle....when you first see the rotten spot on a bud, saturate the entire area with a soaking spray of peroxide. Place plant out of direct light till liquid has evaporated....repeat as necessary. It won't hurt the plant, or leave a soapy residue on the bud. It does stop the rot in it's tracks. I've done it a few times now...because under ripe, water-cured buds are a bummer************it works great:tokin::tokin::tokin:

Hey Q don't panic! I didn't say you had bud rot, just to look for it. The odd dead/dying leaf is fine but if you have a cluster dying that's not good.

As your plant matures and dies the leaves should turn color and die in a fairly slow, natural process which is fine. What happened to me was a bunch of the leaves started dying suddenly - not just the fan leaves but the cola leaves too. I had no clue what was happening. That grow was in very high & humid conditions which I'll never grow in again.

So I personally wouldn't do anything right now except watch. Chopper knows his shit so I'm sure that's fine but I've never tried it.

Hope that helps!

Get a bottle of Peroxide at the drugstore.... Put the peroxide in a spray bottle....when you first see the rotten spot on a bud, saturate the entire area with a soaking spray of peroxide. Place plant out of direct light till liquid has evaporated....repeat as necessary. It won't hurt the plant, or leave a soapy residue on the bud. It does stop the rot in it's tracks. I've done it a few times now...because under ripe, water-cured buds are a bummer************it works great:tokin::tokin::tokin:

Hey bro how did your harvest end up? Do you still have anything growing? I can't keep track!

Back
Top Bottom